• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Walking Dead S6 Disk 1-5 CSS Key issue with logs

Extreme1

8.0.4.0 does not have CSS key

See attached logs

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_E_THE_WALKING_DEAD_S6_D2.ziplog
    151.9 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_E_THE_WALKING_DEAD_S6_D5.ziplog
    160.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_E_THE_WALKING_DEAD_S6_D4.ziplog
    160.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_E_THE_WALKING_DEAD_S6_D1.ziplog
    194.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_E_THE_WALKING_DEAD_S6_D3.ziplog
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
This should be recommended anytime someone is not using the latest version. Even if they only do DVD and not Blu-ray . I'm Sure it makes it easier on the development team to find any issues. If only others would see it that way. The region codes not being set has caused quite a few avoidable issues as of late maybe someone should make a sticky thread specifically for that. Titled something like if it says region 0 (not set!) that it needs set. And a simple explanation as to why it needs to be set (with links to previous CSS decryption failures due to that very reason and the error it shows) and how to set it properly . Preferably with screen shots of the status window of AnyDVDHD and the different ways it's done per OS used to make it easier for the beginner and novice users.
Just a suggestion to simplify and improve this forum and be helpful at the same time.

Last edited:
I tend to like the above at face value.
But (huge but here) the same people who won't read the PLEASE READ before you post sticky thread will also ignore that specific thread too.
Not only that; In my long history of being in support forums, I can assure you that every additional Sticky Thread,
reduces the propensity for some people to read any of the sticky threads. (resulting in a net loss)

It would be better for AnyDVD upon installation to:
A: Warn people that they have a region unset (region 0). (then)
B: Terminate - and refuse to load fully till the region is set.

Message kinda like:
Your drive(s) region is unset!! (set to region 0).
Please go into Windows Device Manager and set the region of the unset drive(s) to your region (or the region you use the most).
AnyDVD cannot properly decrypt all CSS keys unless the drive(s) region is properly set something other than "0".
AnyDVD will now terminate, as you cannot set the drive region properly with AnyDVD running in the background.

Problem solved.
Yes - some people will come here to ask how to set a drive region. Heh :)
But that's a question we would all like to be answering, as opposed to this issue.

-W

Last edited:
I tend to like the above at face value.
But (huge but here) the same people who won't read the PLEASE READ before you post sticky thread will also ignore that specific thread too.
Not only that; In my long history of being in support forums, I can assure you that every additional Sticky Thread,
reduces the propensity for some people to read any of the sticky threads. (resulting in a net loss)

It would be better for AnyDVD upon installation to:
A: Warn people that they have a region unset (region 0). (then)
B: Terminate - and refuse to load fully till the region is set.

Message kinda like:
Your drive(s) region is unset!! (set to region 0).
Please go into Windows Device Manager and set the region of the unset drive(s) to your region (or the region you use the most).
AnyDVD cannot properly decrypt all CSS keys unless the drive(s) region is properly set something other than "0".
AnyDVD will now terminate, as you cannot set the drive region properly with AnyDVD running in the background.

Problem solved.
Yes - some people will come here to ask how to set a drive region. Heh :)
But that's a question we would all like to be answering, as opposed to this issue.

-W
Currently AnyDVD will display a big warning dialog with a nice yellow exclamation mark, asking to set the drive region, if it can't crack all CSS keys.
As the OP testifies, nobody cares.

You're absolutely correct. No one cares until it doesn't work. And then it's a just make it work I don't care why it doesn't. Or it's one of these, it always worked for me when it was Slysoft but now it doesn't what did you do to it. LOL

Currently AnyDVD will display a big warning dialog with a nice yellow exclamation mark, asking to set the drive region, if it can't crack all CSS keys.
As the OP testifies, nobody cares.

The OP was thankful for a "clue"... and did as instructed.
They WOULD care (a great deal) if AnyDVD terminated and "asked you nicely" to set the drive region to make it "continue" in order to work properly.
A lot of software does not work with misconfigured hardware. It's not like you would be a "radical" by forcing the issue.
-W

The OP was thankful for a "clue"... and did as instructed.
They WOULD care (a great deal) if AnyDVD terminated and "asked you nicely" to set the drive region to make it "continue" in order to work properly.
A lot of software does not work with misconfigured hardware. It's not like you would be a "radical" by forcing the issue.
-W
The problem is, from AnyDVD's point of view "region not set" is the same as "region mismatch", and therefore isn't a showstopper. Heck, it took a huge amount of work to make AnyDVD work so good without setting the correct region code! There are situations, where you haven't decided which region to assign to a drive (you can have more than one, set to different regions ... hello, UK folks importing US discs)

Considering decent enough drives are $24.99 US; It's wise to have (at least) two drives if doing a lot of "2-region" ripping. (just to be sure)
But ya - I see your point.
-W

Back