• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

THE LOOKOUT (miramax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKENN19

The movie appears to have issues once the program starts scanning the movie portion of the DVD. I tried it on 2 different discs of the same movie... from 2 different sources... both times... it did the exact same thing.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4080N )c)9 110809040A533A1422
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2(opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1731600 sectors (3382 MBytes)
Total size: 3135288 sectors (6123 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LOO0NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on VideoDVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Upon running CloneDVD2 or DVDshrink... I get:

D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB:read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

1. Update to Anydvd 6.1.7.0

2. If you get that same crc message again after updating to 6.1.7.0 . . .
Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

3. There is no protection on this disc other than CSS. Consequently, you can use Shrink on this disc without Anydvd running.

Yeah... I downloaded 6.1.7.0... but, apparently forgot to install it. Maybe I assumed that it would automatically take effect. Silly me. :doh::clap:

Huh... it did it again.

Except this time it said:

Found and removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found and removed 2 bad sector protections!

It stated scanning through the movie... but, then did the same thing??

Ripguard disc have always these strange Volume names. Just a guess.

I've run across a lot of discs with these odd Volume names but I don't attribute it to RipGuard. I've always just assumed it had to do with who released the movie.

That said Wild Hogs had a similar Volume name and no RipGuard protection. Refer here for the AnyDVD status window for Wild Hogs.

My theory is that the protection is missedentified as arccos.
I could be wrong and DrinkLyeAndDie might be right. We will see. ;)

Found and removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!

Why would Miramax use SONY's Arccos protection? They always use Macrovision ripguard I believe. But I could be wrong. I noticed also that, titles with SONY protection do not have Analog protection system on the discs.

AnyDVD did its job but I couldn't get this movie to my hard drive with anything other than DVDFab? It had all the symptoms of a bad disc. I tried everything that I had on my own disc and then borrowed a friend's copy with the same results. All I got was errors with Shrink, Recode and AnyDVD Ripper.

did this dvd......region 1...anydvd 6.1.7.0...clonedvd2 2912.....full movie...no problems....

I was able to rip my copy fine to the hard drive with anydvd and clonedvd. I did delete alot of the 0 second length no audio sets on the second screen of clonedvd and deleted the previews. I ran the results thru dvdshrink to compress and burned with imageburn with excellent results.

I happened to talk to a friend tonite. They made a perfect working backup of The Lookout using AnyDVD 6.1.6.9 and I'm not sure what version of CloneDVD2. They are a lazy updater.

If someone would post an Anydvd status screen from 6.1.7.0--and also post the .ifos, I would appreciate it.

The Lookout
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1731600 sectors (3382 MBytes)
Total size: 3135288 sectors (6123 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LOO0NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
Miramax is owned by Disney. Disney almost exclusively uses RipGuard on their titles. (Also they're the ones infamous for those bizarre looking volume labels) This is very likely being misidentified as ARccOS when in fact it's a new version of RipGuard. I suggest someone send the IFOs to Slysoft so James and crew can take a look at it. I don't have this movie nor am I likely to, so, I can't help here.

P.S. Removing the 0 length titles in CloneDVD will work because those are the titlsets that contain the protection. However, AnyDVD should be updated to clean that up.

Well, I have to agree that the incorrect identification of Arccos is likely. AnyDVD 6.1.6.9 also identified the protection as Arccos however there is one difference between AnyDVD 6.1.6.9 and AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 as far as what the status window displays

AnyDVD 6.1.6.9 said:
Found & removed 3 bad sector protections!

AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 said:
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!

Using AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 & CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 when cloning the whole disc including the 0 second titlesets there were no issues when playing back the output using PowerDVD 7 Ultra or TheaterTek DVD. I did the playback from the HDD, of course.

Edit: IFOs attached.

Attachments

• LOO0NNW1.zip
    75.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back