• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with Taiwanese film

jpmccusa

This is the second (out of two) films from Taiwan I have gotten in recent months with this problem: when the English subtitles are activated, the picture blanks out when the film is being watched on the computer. This problem continues with the copy of the disc, too. It continues with AnyDVD deactivated. The film is "Eternal Summer" (2006).

=========================================

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-111D 1.29 06/08/10PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2248864 sectors (4392 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ETERNAL_SUMMER
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 3!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 3!

========================================

What other information would you like?

Once is an accident, twice is a conspiracy...let's get the problem solved so that any DVD will play with Any DVD!

This is the second (out of two) films from Taiwan I have gotten in recent months with this problem: when the English subtitles are activated, the picture blanks out when the film is being watched on the computer.

1. What happens if you produce a backup and watch English subtitles using a standalone dvd player?

2. What happens if you watch the original with English subtitles using a standalone dvd player?

It continues with AnyDVD deactivated

3. What happens if you exit Anydvd and watch the original with English subtitles on your computer?
Exit Anydvd before watching the film.

4. What dvd player software are you using and what version number?

Last edited:
Here's what happens:

1. It plays on the standalone.

2. It plays on the standalone.

3. The problem occurs with AnyDVD inactive, too.

4. WinDVD 4 and WMP both have the same problem...with the copy, as the original is R3 and it won't play without AnyDVD active. How do I determine versions --- Properties doesn't help!

3. The problem occurs with AnyDVD inactive, too.

Then I believe James will tell you this isn't an Anydvd issue. It's a software dvd player issue.

WinDVD 4 and WMP both have the same problem...with the copy, as the original is R3 and it won't play without AnyDVD active. How do I determine versions --- Properties doesn't help!

Is there an "about" button in either program?

As this is an issue with your dvd player software, I will move this thread to the third party products forum where others may be better able to help you (sorry, I'm not overly familiar with the software programs/versions that you're using).

Last edited:
There is an "about" in WMP: 10.00.00.4036

WinDVD has a Tab that says WinDVD 5, but no "about".

Back