• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't upgrade to version 6.1.1.4

slickbilly72

I've been using AnyDVD for over a year now and have never had a problem in the past. Its a great program. I downloaded and installed the newest 6.1.1.4 version. But even after restarting my computer it still shows me running version 6.1.0.7 Any ideas? Is the happening only to me? Thank you.

Yeah, Its got me stumped. I've made no modifications to my computer or anything that would stop the upgrade.

Maybe you should uninstall AnyDVD and then install 6.1.1.4 and double click the registration key. Remember to backup the key though.

I've been using AnyDVD for over a year now and have never had a problem in the past. Its a great program. I downloaded and installed the newest 6.1.1.4 version. But even after restarting my computer it still shows me running version 6.1.0.7 Any ideas? Is the happening only to me? Thank you.

You could also try this: First make sure your computer is showing all hidden files and folders. Control panel-->Folder options-->View tab-->Show hidden files and folders.

Only do this if you have a backup of your key, Uninstall your current version. Then locate the following path in your C: drive.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data

The Hp_administrator path will be different. Once you locate the Application Data folder, locate the Slysoft folder and delete it.

Install the latest Anydvd version and apply your key. Hopefully that will work.

Good luck.

You could also try this: First make sure your computer is showing all hidden files and folders. Control panel-->Folder options-->View tab-->Show hidden files and folders.

Only do this if you have a backup of your key, Uninstall your current version. Then locate the following path in your C: drive.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data

The Hp_administrator path will be different. Once you locate the Application Data folder, locate the Slysoft folder and delete it.

Install the latest Anydvd version and apply your key. Hopefully that will work.

Good luck.
Why not just uninstall it from add/remove programs? This way is much easier.

Uninstalling from add/remove programs is what I had in mind. However, that often times will still leave a directory for the uninstalled program within the application data folder that contains left-overs from the program.

Uninstalling from add/remove programs is what I had in mind. However, that often times will still leave a directory for the uninstalled program within the application data folder that contains left-overs from the program.
Uninstalling from the add/remove programs list should be good enough. Then reinstall AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 and apply the key.

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

In my experiences, I've had problems when trying to upgrade a few applications when leaving a directory exist in the application data folder. I haven't had the chance to upgrade anydvd myself yet so I can't say for sure. I do know that deleting a directory within the application data folder for a program that no longer exists can work wonders when upgrading. You are right. Just using add/remove programs may indeed work very well without my extra steps. However, my extra steps could also do the trick. I hope with all these posts that slickbilly can get it to work.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I tried both uninstalling the program and re-downloading after cleaning out the browser cache. After uninstalling, I even ran a registry scrubber to remove all traces of the program. I cleared the cache (cookies, temp IE files, history, content from forms), downloaded the 6.1.1.4 program via the link in webslinger's post, installed and applied the key. It tells me I'm running version 6.1.07. I just don't get how that can be possible.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I tried both uninstalling the program and re-downloading after cleaning out the browser cache. After uninstalling, I even ran a registry scrubber to remove all traces of the program. I cleared the cache (cookies, temp IE files, history, content from forms), downloaded the 6.1.1.4 program via the link in webslinger's post, installed and applied the key. It tells me I'm running version 6.1.07. I just don't get how that can be possible.
I don't either......

Back