• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime till we say redefine it's meaning!

A

Alex Keszeg

When I purchased a life time membership I didn't realize that you could scam people by shutting your company's Doors and relaunch under a different name but retain the benefit of the good product name of AnyDVD HD. If you wanted people to buy your product again with out feeling scammed you guys should have started from scratch without the use of a product that was shut down as you guys claim. I will not buy your product again since there is no guarantee that you guys will not pull the wool over the eyes of your customers in two or three years from now. Maybe two years from now you'll call your company Orange Fox. As it's says Fool me once shame you, Fool me twice shame on me! No thank you!

When I purchased a life time membership I didn't realize that you could scam people by shutting your company's Doors and relaunch under a different name but retain the benefit of the good product name of AnyDVD HD. If you wanted people to buy your product again with out feeling scammed you guys should have started from scratch without the use of a product that was shut down as you guys claim. I will not buy your product again since there is no guarantee that you guys will not pull the wool over the eyes of your customers in two or three years from now. Maybe two years from now you'll call your company Orange Fox. As it's says Fool me once shame you, Fool me twice shame on me! No thank you!
Listen here this has been beatin til the dead horse was blue. If you don't read what has happened then the shame is on you. RedFox did what they did and came back for all their work and they could've closed shop and you would be left out in the cold but no they decide to come back - the employees not the CEO or management the employees made the cold hard reality check to come back. Also you could die in your sleep tomorrow and are you going to blame your spouse or family that you died in your bed? Probably not. So trying to give false information and being disingenuous after you had many LTL years of using and complaining why you should be more privileged then other users is being short sighted at the reality of what happened.

Last edited:
Oh fgs, please do your research before making unfounded accusations towards the redfox staff.

• First of all, they didn't scam anyone. Redfox isn't a company and didn't shut down.
  • Second, the mpaa and aacs-la put pressure on the antiguan goverment who forced the slysoft owner to shut slysoft down. This was a decision made by upperhand OVERNIGHT and the staff didn't have a choice. Developers, support staff,... don't make that kind of decisions. CEO's do. SLYSOFT sold you the license, SLYSOFT got shut down, you received updates for the LIFETIME of slysoft. On top of that your SLYSOFT license still works just fine with releases up to version 7.6.9.5, you simply won't have access to the OPD and may face issues decrypting new DVD's which rely on new anydvd versions and not the OPD
  • Third, they have every legal right to use the code & brand of anydvd hd. As the ceo signed over all rights to it rather than pay them the backpay wages the staff was due. For him, it was a cheaper option. The CEO took the cash and ran with it.
If anyone pulled wool over your eyes it's yourself for not doing the proper research into what happened.

As to the shutting down probability itself, EVERY PRODUCT that does decrypting of any kind is under the constant risk of getting shut down at any given time in the future. That's the nature of the sector anydvd operates in, and has nothing to do with anydvd or the staff itself.

Please do the proper research into what happened, before you go make claims that simply arent true.

We will not start the back-and-forth "debates" all over again.

At this stage of the game, why aren't posts such as the one by a new member treated as spam and deleted? At some point, responding has to be regarded as a waste of time and serves as nothing more than to feed the trolls.

Ch3vr0n's post or something similar (but kept short, sweet, and easy to understand) should be added as a sticky/FAQ.

At this stage of the game, why aren't posts such as the one by a new member treated as spam and deleted? At some point, responding has to be regarded as a waste of time and serves as nothing more than to feed the trolls.

While [some] may have grown tired of these types of posts to automatically categorize them as spam is simply illogical and, frankly, wrong. Deleting such posts is also wrong. If a person posts and follows the forum rules then there should be no reason to delete anything. As has been seen elsewhere there are still people who are just discovering what happened to Slysoft and that happened over 6 months ago now. Sometimes it takes longer than expected for people to catch up to things. New members to the forum may have been people who never needed to post in the past even if they had owned a license for 10 years so judging a user simply on the basis of them just joining isn't practical.

With the above being said, people must remember to follow the forum rules and are expected to. Not doing so will be dealt with accordingly.

Ch3vr0n's post or something similar (but kept short, sweet, and easy to understand) should be added as a sticky/FAQ.

Good idea except for the fact that 98% of people don't read stickies or FAQs.

Because everyone has a right to speak their mind, even if what's in it is wrong.

A new member spewing nonsense on a topic that has been repeatedly explained is not likely going to be stopped by reading a sticky. It sure appears as though their mind is already made up.

There's still some legitimate reasons why someone would not know about the closure in February. We also must remember how we felt the day it closed. A grimm reality loomed over me. Most of us got the news in small doses over a period of time. But honestly I couldn't imagine how much worse it would be to learn it ALL at one time.
Slysoft=gone it's lifetime is over
Slysoft license for AnyDVDHD=valid to 7.6.9.5. only (end of life for Slysoft AnyDVDHD license)
However the other product licenses sold by Slysoft are not affected.

Now operated by RedFox= new license required for AnyDVDHD for V8 and above.
That is alot to process really when you honestly knew nothing about it.
Especially when they have already updated to V8 without reading the disclaimer. And find that their Slysoft license is no longer valid. While that is on the user for not reading the disclaimer. It doesn't make it less of a shock. If anything it makes it worse because until they come here and we tell them that they can rollback. They think they are stuck with a trial and should have unlocked version. I really think if it's possible that there should be some kind of licensing check when installing a V8. And if a RedFox license isn't detected trial or purchased then pop-up a nag screen . And explain once more what is going to happen if they continue to install V8. Or if going from V7 to V8.

I just created an account to say that I'm not going to vent, but I finally got tired of Windows 10 telling me that a new version of AnyDVD was available to download only to realize that my "paid for" license was no longer good. So I removed it. Farewell. I will not be handing more money over to RedFox.

Please read the posts above, your license is still good up to version 7695, you just won't have access to the OPD or newer versions. You can disable the popup through anydvd's program settings. Maybe you'll reconsider in the future, good luck in your future endeavours.

I just created an account to say that I'm not going to vent, but I finally got tired of Windows 10 telling me that a new version of AnyDVD was available to download only to realize that my "paid for" license was no longer good. So I removed it. Farewell. I will not be handing more money over to RedFox.
Sorry to hear that. Have a nice day.

Not reading the posting about what limits it have is only the user fault to blame themselves not RedFox or Staff. They will be back that is how it goes eventually they will find they can't go without it and come back that is how it is. They say one thing but come right back. Windows 10 was the problem Anydvd had nothing to do with it - goes to blaming RedFox in hopes they will get a free license, NOT. They will back.......as they always do. Your Lifetime ended when Slysoft closed shop it wasn't RedFox fault this happened. Contact your US Congress and tell them to dissolve since they can't do their job-since Studio GREED was the reason all this happened and they are in the pocket of Studio GREED that is why the government is no longer for the people but Against Will of the People.

I have just re-joined the forum and will be purchasing a licence. I am just finding out about what went wrong. My son(also a lifetime member of slysoft) and I both got cancer. Unfortunately he lost his battle whilst I have been given a reprieve So I am searching to see what happened to slysoft but it is not one of my priorities in life. However there will be many more people who are just catching up and what maybe "hashed into the ground" by you and others, is new news to me and as such the questions will keep coming. The OP is obviously not aware of the circumstances of what happened to slysoft and neither was I until reading this post. I am yet not aware if there is a sticky in relation to the goings on at slysoft but it might be helpful. As I stated I have just "joined again" so am making my way around and finding out bits and pieces. Kindest regards to all

Sorry to hear about your loss, no parent should have to outlive and bury their child. As to a sticky, there's a very long one (22 pages worth) of what happend initially and how things would proceed https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/no-fox-no-job-no-future.68331/ On top of that there's a lot of info available on various third party news articles :) If you still have questions after that, don't hesitate to ask :)

Please read the posts above, your license is still good up to version 7695, you just won't have access to the OPD or newer versions. You can disable the popup through anydvd's program settings. Maybe you'll reconsider in the future, good luck in your future endeavours.

I think it was Slysoft's responsibility to advise its subscribers that it was closing down but I seem to recall that James said something to the effect that Mr Brttina was forbidden to discuss the shut down. Redfox's inability to contact the holders of Slysoft AnyDVD HD licenses has not helped. Maybe RedFox management could do an analysis of its subscribers to get an idea of how many are regular users of the forums. I would like to suggest that the information page of the RedFox AnyDVD HD download include a statement by RedFox explaining the Slysoft situation and why it is necessary to purchase a license from RedFox. This might help stem the never ending whining about the invalidity of Slysoft lifetime memberships for AnyDVD HD. Antipodes

And when exactly would you have had slysoft advise the users when (as has been stated a LONG TIME AGO) the shutdown came from upperhand and OVERNIGHT! Sunday evening everything was fine, monday morning when they 'reported' for work things were shut down. Things happened overnight and without advance warning to the staff themselves. The only one to blam for that part is the CEO.

Most of the problems with different people complaining and their frustration comes from the tone deaf nature of their customer service. Having been in the customer service business for a few decades now and I can tell you Redfox second greatest failure is customer service.

Starting with the sticky "no fox, no job, no future." What about that title, suggests that it has relevant information about the demise of Slysoft and the rise of Redfox. Hell, the old product was named Slysoft not fox. We are in the sixteenth year of the modern forums, and most of the pinned posts or sticky posts are full of meta crap and I mean meta crap. If you are going to rely on pinned posts to pass on relevant information to new arriving customers then the name of the post needs to suggest, no, it needs to tell the customer what is contained in those posts. How about this as a title or subtitle. "Why Slysoft failed and Redfox was formed." That explanation post needs to be pinned in the top five sub forums or so. Eliminate ambiguity by stating or labeling your explanation clearly.

Then there is the belief by some of their representatives that the shutdown of Slysoft was a big deal. News flash, it was no big deal, to the world at large. I had 3 to 5 news feeds at the time of the demise of Slysoft and not one of them had the news of Slysoft shutting down. And all of them have tech news coverage listed as important. I found out about it from a poster on a forum I help moderate. She was a dedicated user of the product, at the time, I was not. With all the stuff going on in the world on a macro level, not to mention the day in and day out personal situations of most people. The chances of the demise of Slysoft showing up on most peoples radar is slim to nil.

Having been in a industry that relies heavily on sale signs and special deals, where bait and switch and misleading wording were a major problem in the eighties. I can tell you the way the update process and the update page was handled. Would have, if the company was based in the US, resulted in a class action lawsuit. I know some will balk at the last statement. But here in the US, clearly stating what something is or is not, is a paramount issue. I can not even remember the number of class action opt in lawsuit letters I have received in the past year alone, not to mention the past 16 years.

Finally, having been in the customer service business for years. I can tell you, you can anger a lot of people and it will in the long run not matter. However there is always that one person who has the means by accident or pure intent to start an avalanche that buries. The hostility that has wane of late, but was very prominent until recently to highly confused consumers. Has surly spawned the proverbial. "Cutting off the nose to spite the face", consumer. Which can shorten the life span of Redfox.

Last edited:
Back