• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Successful purchase with AAA TravelMoney prepaid debit card

Thundarr

If you live in the U.S. and you’ve had difficulty purchasing a RedFox license with a credit card or Bitcoin, a great alternative is AAA Visa “TravelMoney,” which is the modern equivalent of a traveler’s cheque. I used one to successfully buy a lifetime RedFox license, and it also enabled me to avoid using my real name and address for anything during the online purchase.

TravelMoney is a prepaid, reloadable/reusable Visa debit card that you can purchase at your local AAA office. Its main purpose is to enable travelers to make credit/debit purchases when traveling in foreign countries, but it also can be used to make online purchases from overseas vendors such as RedFox. You don’t need a AAA membership to purchase this card, and it is also available in a chip/PIN version (in case you actually want to use it for overseas travel at a later date).

I learned about TravelMoney after doing some research on alternatives to standard credit/debit cards and Bitcoin. I was reluctant to use my regular credit card (because I didn’t want my personal information to be in the hands of an overseas payment processor), and my attempts to use Bitcoin failed miserably (in order to purchase Bitcoin, both Circle and CoinBase required me to send them a photo of my driver’s license, and Circle also required me to take a selfie — none of which I felt comfortable providing). I read in the RedFox forum that some people had success using prepaid debit cards to purchase RedFox licenses, but I also learned that most standard gift cards and prepaid cards bought in the U.S. cannot be used for overseas purchases. That’s when I remembered reading something here in the forum about a AAA prepaid card, so I looked into it.

I paid in cash for a TravelMoney card (they accept debit as well), but I did have to supply my personal information to AAA when making the purchase (so it’s not a 100% anonymous process). However, AAA said that none of my personal information is attached to the card itself. So even if the card is lost, stolen or hacked, I will not be compromised. In terms of the fees for the card, it costs a one-time fee of $5 for AAA members and $10 for non-members, and the minimum you can put on the card is $100. In addition, you need to put some extra money on the card to allow for currency conversion fees, which typically range between 3% and 4% (I allowed for 5% just to be safe). When it came time to buy my RedFox license, I used a fake name for the license (but I did use a real email address that I just created so I can receive updates), and I also used the same fake name and a fake billing address when entering the debit card information during checkout.

Anyway, I just wanted to post all of this in case you have been banging your head against the wall trying to figure out another way to buy a RedFox license that is safer than regular credit cards and a bit easier than Bitcoin.

Last edited:
Thanks for this insiteful post on your experience with this option of using a pre-paid card.
There's been several users that have successfully used the pre-paid type of card to purchase their license(s).
Also thanks for your support of the awesome team at RedFox. We are what makes this project survive and continue developing plus fixing those disc's on the release date. And that's what I call great service for us customers.

PS
You don't have to use a "fake" name unless you really feel the need to I myself would not but that's up to the individual. Luckily it is listed in the program's licensing info though so you don't have to remember what you used. . And with the Pre-paid card the address doesn't matter at all.
But make sure you do use a valid email for you to receive your key(s). Even though you should have downloaded them from the order completion page (ie page 4/4) that should say something to the effect of purchase successfully completed.
Refresh the page if needed but don't close it until you have received them from there this also applies if using bitcoin as well.

Last edited:
Thanks, Thundarr, I've been reading many, many, posts on how to do this. With the project being based out of Belize, but the payments coming out of China, it all seemed kind of squeegy and I wanted to distance my bank accounts from the process, too. I don't want to use Bitcoin (because I'm over 50 and set in my ways, by gum). I've asked a couple of banks and credit unions about their gift cards and prepaid cards and got quite the variety of answers, from one time fees, to monthly fees, to "sure, we can do that, except China is permanently blocked," to firming tying it to an existing account - even overdraft protection, to not understanding why I don't want my non-existent child's name on the prepaid card. This AAA Visa may be my answer!

I've called 5 AAA offices in the Houston area and none say they do the purchasing of the Travelmoney card anymore. Where are you located that you were able to do this Thundarr?

Rap, the AAA in Rochester, MN still does these, so others must, as well. $4 fee for members for a non-chipped card. Refillable; $1.25 after 1 year of non-use, unless the card is "empty" of funds. 3% foreign exchange fee per transaction, but can also be used at grocery . They only take cash or checks (members only) to load. The first person I spoke to there mistook my inquiry and stated that they didn't exchange foreign funds any more. I'll pick one up later this week and let the forum know if it worked and anything else I find out.

ThunDarr, thank you!

The one thing that was not clearly obvious was: May the card be acquired on-line? If so, what is the recommended approach or link?

I've been coming back to this forum for a long time now since I share your sense of privacy, in particular where my funds are impacted. I had hoped that they would open a line of communication with PayPal as that has been my primary avenue for on-line purchases, and offers the easiest (for me) approach.

Anyway, any advise on how to obtain a AAA TravelMoney® Card via on-line purchase, I would be very thankful... I've been wanting AnyDVD from RedFox ever since they opened it up for purchase.

Jim

As has been stated a few times now, paypal has never been an option (even in the slysoft days) and NEVER will either. They're in the pocket of the MPAA/AACS-LA to refuse processing payments to companies such as redfox. Even if they managed to open an account, it probably wouldn't last for more than a couple days before it got locked and any funds in it seized.

"... paypal has never been an option (even in the slysoft days)..."

Oh, I know about PayPal not being an option even way back as I've been a loyal customer for more than 10 years. I had hoped though that there would be a relaxing of the so-called "MPAA/AACS-LA" rules. Never believed they were there to protect their interests (other than cash flow) since in most countries, ownership of a product permits you to backup the product for safe keeping.

Oh, well, a pipe-dream... :(

Oh, my first acquisition was back when it was first known as DVDX, readily sold in the US, and all the crappy treatment (movie industry for course! not RedFox by any stretch of the imagination!) of their customers had not got into full swing.

the mpaa/aacs-la relaxing? Doubt it, hell it's probably the reason why that german PM wants to reïnvigurate the TTIP agreement. We'll all be dead long before they'll relax lol

I bought mine at the Rochester, MN AAA. They're closed on Monday, for the holiday, but are open 8:30-5:30 CDT on Tuesday. The number is 507-289-1851. I worked with Gayle. I don't know if they'll do an online sale of this. I believe that you can reload the card online, though. My purpose for this was to separate the travelcard from any bank account, so I used cash to load it, and I'll reload with cash, if there's a need. They did require my drivers license to purchase the travelcard. Good luck.

Well, I bought the prepaid Visa card, thinking that this was really going to work, but I'm still getting the "66-failed" code, after 3 tries on different days. The Visa company who backs the card says that they are not refusing it; it hasn't hit their system at all yet. Does anyone know where I should go next, to try to resolve this? Thanks.

They think wrong. 66: payment blocked. You sure you got one that allows international purchases?

Use Bitcoin, its not that hard, in fact its easy. Its fast and its completely anonymous

RedFox1 bitcoin is not anonymous , they require a picture ID and photo copy of your drivers license

Depends on who you choose for the wallet. I use electrum and they didn't require a single piece of identification.

...but I'm still getting the "66-failed" code, after 3 tries on different days. The Visa company who backs the card says that they are not refusing it; it hasn't hit their system at all yet
I'm getting the same result with the AAA travelmoney card (which supposedly is an international card that allows online purchases).

So what do you do when the bank says there no record of any attempted transactions? Argue with them?

I'm getting the same result with the AAA travelmoney card (which supposedly is an international card that allows online purchases).

So what do you do when the bank says there no record of any attempted transactions? Argue with them?
Are you using the same email every time. If so try another one. Also use this link to force a NEW attempt. It cache's the page.

https://shop.redfox.bz/checkout.php?neworder=1

Hope that helps.

Bitcoin is not anonymous , they require a picture ID and photo copy of your drivers license
I signed up for circle using my droid phone's browser not the app. And I didn't have to send any photo. I DID have to do some text verification's though. So yea it's pretty anonymous depending on who YOU use. One more thing for full anonymity use a wallet that has no ID verification's and a bitcoin ATM. Most metropolitan areas have at least one. And that's as anonymous as you could be. Redfox uses alternate names for their billings anyway. But I'm not really worried about someone seeing that I bought AnyDVDHD, and RedFox keys for Mobile, and CloneCD. And cloneBD & second key for CDVD (bundled) from elaborate bytes. All on the same day too. Because I'm not doing anything nefarious with them . Like bootleg's or uploads.Believe it or not that actually affects us ALL when people do those things.

Are you using the same email every time. If so try another one. Also use this link to force a NEW attempt
Yes, I am using the same email address. Why would I try another one? It works for everything else in the world.

I don't think it's a browser issue. I've cleared the cache and I get a new order number every time (once I forgot and it just blew right through to the last page w/out actually doing anything). I just get the "Your credit card could not be charged... 66: Failed" response, and the bank says there's nothing being attempted on their end.

It's because the site remembers every attempt and the email address used. After so many failures it doesn't even try to anymore as it thinks it's a bot or something. That was why I said try a different one just once and see if it makes a difference. That is also most likely why the card issuer is not showing a attempt on their end. Its up to you though.

Back