• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Supscription ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Walker

I am not understanding the subscription situation with AnyDVD HD as well as in the TRIAL version regarding "Internet Connection" and the OPD?
1) Why would an individual need a subscription for AnyDVD HD?
2) How do we know RedFox won't fall as prey like SlyFox?
3) Do the films backed up via the TRIAL of AnyDVD HD continue to function properly after the 21 day trial has ended?
4) Do the films backed up via the TRIAL and/or the purchased version of AnyDVD HD need to have an open internet connection in order to be played?

So far, I am impressed as some BD's simply do not allow you to make a backup (boo/hiss MPAA) and in my test AnyDVD HD performed as stated and without any issues whatsoever! I just need more information so I can make an educated purchase.
Thanks and keep up the fantastic work at RedFox!!

Wrong section, moved. The 'Blu-ray issues' section is reserved for disc problems only.

Trial: you can test the software for 21days after which the software stops working unless you purchased a license (update subscription). The trial functionality uses a specially designed trial license that ties into access with the OPD. Before redfox, trial licenses had no access at all to the OPD. With this new licensing method trial versions can now access the OPD. The internet connection is obviously required to connect to the OPD and to check if your trial license is still valid.

1. So you can get new anydvd versions of course, dvd protections are handled by new anydvd versions
2. You dont, the sector anydvd and for that matter any other decryption tool operate in comes with inherit danger
3. Of course, once they've been backed up to hdd with protection removed it stays removed. Protection won't magically get on it again
4. That has nothing to do with anydvd but how the disc is authored. Certain discs have bd-live special features which do require an internet connection to work. But bd-live can be disabled by anydvd.
So far, I am impressed as some BD's simply do not allow you to make a backup (boo/hiss MPAA)

All BD's can be ripped without AnyDVD HD, what they WONT allow you to do is to be played back unless the protection has been removed. That and the MPAA has no control over protections used. That's down to the AACS-LA, BD+, Cinavia licensing authorities. What the MPAA WILL do is put pressure on countries to stop tools like AnyDVD from being sold.

Last edited:
I am not understanding the subscription situation with AnyDVD HD as well as in the TRIAL version regarding "Internet Connection" and the OPD?
OPD is mainly used in decrypting BD media and some newer DVD movies-otherwise you can't backup those movies.
Understandable

1) Why would an individual need a subscription for AnyDVD HD?
Why would you need to eat?
You don't gotta be an <snip>!

2) How do we know RedFox won't fall as prey like SlyFox?
That is life - you live everyday knowing that you step outside and a air plane can fall on you.
Again, You don't gotta be an <snip>!

3) Do the films backed up via the TRIAL of AnyDVD HD continue to function properly after the 21 day trial has ended?
AFAIK it can but not after 21 days you must buy-nothing is free here as someone has to be paid for their hard work. Would you work for free after your work probation?
Nobody indicated "Getting anything Free" except you! So basically, RedFox is holding my backed up films hostage! Dude, you're a complete <snip>!

4) Do the films backed up via the TRIAL and/or the purchased version of AnyDVD HD need to have an open internet connection in order to be played?
Anydvd HD doesn't play the media. Where are you getting this information from?
Again you <snip>, nobody said anything about AnyDVD HD playing the film, except you! Not only are you an <snip>, you're an <snip>!

So far, I am impressed as some BD's simply do not allow you to make a backup (boo/hiss MPAA) and in my test AnyDVD HD performed as stated and without any issues whatsoever! I just need more information so I can make an educated purchase.
Thanks and keep up the fantastic work at RedFox!!
This <snip> answered my questions and NO, I won't be purchasing this product as I almost guarantee there is open source software available that will do the same thing and NOT HOLD MY FILMS HOSTAGE! As far as Ch3vr0n goes, RedFox would bode well to tell this assclown to stay outta their forums! Lost potential sale due to Ch3vr0n, good job <snip>!!!

GOOD RIDDANCE <snip> Ch3vr0n!

[mod]Post edited - foul language removed. Please read forum rule 1. Oh and don't blame me for what someone else said - Ch3vr0n[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bryan Walker you would do WELL to check the username next to lines you referred to. All of them came from Recycle! in post #2 NOT myself.I responded in post #3! Do not blame me for the posts SOMEONE ELSE states. You don't have to agree with what recycle said, but please watch the language.

AFAIK it can but not after 21 days you must buy-nothing is free here as someone has to be paid for their hard work. Would you work for free after your work probation?
Nobody indicated "Getting anything Free" except you! So basically, RedFox is holding my backed up films hostage! Dude, you're a complete asshole!

Movies backed up with the Trial version will work fine after the 21 day trial and not be "held hostage" as you put it. Your question was probably misunderstood. The program of course will no longer work after the 21 day trial period unless you purchase a valid license.

I won't be purchasing this product...

Lucky us that young Bryan won't be purchasing and hence posting to this forum bold shouty caps. I must say, your indignation at slight sarcasm was mighty entertaining, the way you came to your own rescue like that... almost as though you were the damsel and prince all rolled into one.

...as I almost guarantee there is open source software available that will do the same thing

It's a good thing you said "almost."

Let me leave you with this quote that will gnaw at the back of your mind as you fail to find open source software or paid software for that matter that will do the same thing as AnyDVD HD.

So far, I am impressed as some BD's simply do not allow you to make a backup (boo/hiss MPAA) and in my test AnyDVD HD performed as stated and without any issues whatsoever!

Last edited:
Oh well, I guess this is what people get for being nice.

AnyDVD is fantastic software which is continually updated with beta releases amongst final releases, by developers that care about what they do.

I'd love to see this open source software though.. even with a lifetime license ;)

@john_the_c not everyone is an expert immediately when they used or try something or fully understand how something works. Calling them 'ignorant' because they don't fully understand how something works is frankly, insulting.

SwOrdf1sh Would you please check your spelling. Us Brian's may not want to be tarred with the same brush as other Bryan's. :thankyou: :D

Kindest Regards Brian

Heavens to Betsy, bricat! Thank you for bringing this faux pas to my attention! I edited my previous post with all the haste I could muster. No hard feelings? :D

This thread is obnoxious, to the OP, some of the posters in this thread are not very polite. The Mod ( Ch3vr0n ) tried explaining to the original poster in a way he could understand. He is new to RedFox as we can see. All questions are good questions. The pure lack of understanding by some people in this thread does not go unnoticed. I am going to keep an eye on the a few people in this thread , if the arrogance continues, there will be sanctions.
I want to personally apologize to the OP (Brian Walker). If I see another arrogant answer here, the people that think they know it all, will be posting elsewhere. I have deleted some posts in this thread so you know who you are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back