• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

IE Proxy error

Promod

I finally got a blu ray to test and I'm receiving an error indicating a proxy server error within IE. If I go to IE I get this.
The proxy server isn’t responding
  • Check your proxy settings 127.0.0.1:8080.
    Go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections. If you are on a LAN, click “LAN settings”.
  • Make sure your firewall settings aren’t blocking your web access.
  • Ask your system administrator for help.
I don't use IE so I'm miffed. I've looked at the settings and corrected the registry entries to turn off Proxy servers.

I do have the host file set up, but this is not the issue in this instance.

Accessing the internet via Firefox and chrome is not a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

I have the same strange problem with my proxy server, as well as the author of the theme. No one still can't deal with this problem?

Honestly, I do not recall if I ever resolved this and if I did, what method I used. I'll take a look tonight when I get home to see if I can refresh my memory.

This is a IE problem setting not a RedFox issue to deal with and you need to contact IE support if your problem continues.

This is a IE problem setting not a RedFox issue to deal with and you need to contact IE support if your problem continues.

Nobody said it was a RedFox error. It stands to reason that IF the error occurs ONLY when using RedFox, (like it did with me) then someone in a RedFox forum might be able to shed some light on it.

Sorry if our expertise, or lack of, isn't up to your standards!

The only time I ever had the proxy settings turned on was after a virus/spyware attack. It changed the settings to the proxy. Got rid of the virus, then had to turn the proxy server setting off.

Nobody said it was a RedFox error. It stands to reason that IF the error occurs ONLY when using RedFox, (like it did with me) then someone in a RedFox forum might be able to shed some light on it.

Sorry if our expertise, or lack of, isn't up to your standards!

I think someone needs to explain a bit better.
In #1 you said the error occurs when you try to use IE.
But then you said "I don't use IE so I'm miffed".
Which is just bizarre because the problem is in IE.

Then you mention 127.0.0.1:8080 without any mention of whether you found your Windows proxy settings were set to this or not.

These are proxy settings that might be used by something on your PC that wants to scan your incoming web pages, perhaps cracking SSL to look inside SSL connections, to check for malware.

But the same Windows proxy settings are, as far as I know, used by both Chrome and IE (but not Firefox). So if one was broken I'd expect the other to be broken too.

If I'm interpreting you correctly I don't see any way this could be anything to do with AnyDVD.

I think someone needs to explain a bit better.
In #1 you said the error occurs when you try to use IE.
But then you said "I don't use IE so I'm miffed".
Which is just bizarre because the problem is in IE.

Then you mention 127.0.0.1:8080 without any mention of whether you found your Windows proxy settings were set to this or not.

These are proxy settings that might be used by something on your PC that wants to scan your incoming web pages, perhaps cracking SSL to look inside SSL connections, to check for malware.

But the same Windows proxy settings are, as far as I know, used by both Chrome and IE (but not Firefox). So if one was broken I'd expect the other to be broken too.

If I'm interpreting you correctly I don't see any way this could be anything to do with AnyDVD.

Yes, and you missed the first part of the first sentence, "I finally got a blu ray to test..." Granted, I didn't say "While trying to rip a blu ray using AnyDVD..." I figured that would be assumed based on where the question was asked. This was back in February. As I recall, the error message came up as soon as I tried to rip the blu ray, using AnyDVD, probably because AnyDVD was trying to access the host file.

Regardless, I resolved it back in February. Don't remember how. I'm thinking that, although it wasn't malware, it was from some HTPC software that I was trying.

I have the same strange problem with my proxy server, as well as the author of the theme. No one still can't deal with this problem?

If you have malwarebytes (from malwarebytes.org) run that and see if it comes up with anything. If it doesn't come up with anything, go to their Malware Removal Help forum and make a post. Someone will help you!

The proxy server isn’t responding
  • Check your proxy settings 127.0.0.1:8080.
    Go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections. If you are on a LAN, click “LAN settings”.
Did you check the proxy settings?
Go into IEs connection settings and make sure the "Use a proxy server..." (or words to that effect) box is unchecked.

Yes, and you missed the first part of the first sentence, "I finally got a blu ray to test..." Granted, I didn't say "While trying to rip a blu ray using AnyDVD..." I figured that would be assumed based on where the question was asked. This was back in February. As I recall, the error message came up as soon as I tried to rip the blu ray, using AnyDVD, probably because AnyDVD was trying to access the host file.

Regardless, I resolved it back in February. Don't remember how. I'm thinking that, although it wasn't malware, it was from some HTPC software that I was trying.

It would be pretty weird if AnyDVD accessed the hosts file too.
It's there for the OS and normally nothing else touches it.
Plus the error message mentioned 127.0.0.1:8080 rather than any host name or internet domain.

Maybe if a proxy is configured AnyDVD will use it to access the OPD.
That wouldn't be unreasonable.

Could it be that AnyDVD was using old proxy settings even though the proxy was set as disabled?

But you do appear to say the error was also within IE and also occurred when "[you] go to IE".
In that case you just need to make sure that you have either a correctly configured working proxy or have no proxy configured.

Last edited:
Back