• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No audio when playing backups on PC

Bilopete

I am running the latest versions of Anydvd (6.1.7.0) and CloneDVD(2.9.1.2) and Windows Media Player 11.

I recently upgraded my monitor to a widescreen and thought I would watch some of my action movie backups but have noticed that none of my current or older backups have any audio.

The picture is fine on PC.
The backups all play fine on a stand alone dvd player.
Subtitles work.
I have tried all the different media types (sony, ritek, TDK etc) and the problem is not media associated.

I cna play my mp3/wmp through WMP fine also, so I know it is not a hardware or sound card issue as well.

I have two optical drives (Benq DW1640) DVD-RW and a Samsung SD-616F and I can't get audio form either of them yet I can a cd through them...again not a hardware issue.

From memory I have been able to play backups using WMP previously so why the problem now?

How can I fix it?

[edit: I forgot to mention original purchased dvd's also have no audio, so it doesn't appear specific to backups]

Last edited:
welcome to the forums

do you think it's a clonedvd problem even when the originals have also got no audio.

can you reinstall your audio driver, and check all the cables in your PC to see if there fitted right

you can also look at the device manager and see if there any yellow exclamation marks

welcome to the forums

Thank you!
do you think it's a clonedvd problem even when the originals have also got no audio.

I am not sure if it is clonedvd or a missing codec / driver or what!
can you reinstall your audio driver, and check all the cables in your PC to see if there fitted right

The audio driver and hardware is fine. I can play audio cd's on both my optical and sound is fine...only seems to be a problem with dvds...

you can also look at the device manager and see if there any yellow exclamation marks

No, there are no yellow exclaimation marks in the device manager.

Any other suggestions?

[edit: I forgot to mention original purchased dvd's also have no audio, so it doesn't appear specific to backups]

This is not a clonedvd issue.

Moving thread to General Hardware Issues . . .

Last edited:
Hi, I think your right but do you have any suggestions on how I fix it?

Onboard Audio or Sound card? What brand of PC?

Its an audigy soundcard and the pc is bits and pieces that I have used,not a brand specific one. Looks like codec could be the problem though.

I would try downloading WMP11 again. Sounds like some files are corrupted.

if you now have sound, is that not the problem fixed?

No unfortunately, the suggested codec comes with media player classic and dvds play fine on that particular player but I still can't get audio to work on media player 11.

No unfortunately, the suggested codec comes with media player classic and dvds play fine on that particular player but I still can't get audio to work on media player 11.

Did you try another download of WMP11?

Back