• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

perplexing !!!

pprizwan

Juwst recently when I burn a dvd, and try to play it on my DVD player hooked up to my TV, it just says, MP3-JPEG on the screen and will not play the movie. It will play it on the computer , but not on the DVD player. This is after I have backed up about 150 dvd's. It just started doing this. Sometimes if I copy the backup copy, it will work. There is nothing I am doing different from 2 weeks ago. I am running 6170 and 2910. Any body have any ideas ??

Juwst recently when I burn a dvd, and try to play it on my DVD player hooked up to my TV, it just says, MP3-JPEG on the screen and will not play the movie. It will play it on the computer , but not on the DVD player. This is after I have backed up about 150 dvd's. It just started doing this. Sometimes if I copy the backup copy, it will work. There is nothing I am doing different from 2 weeks ago. I am running 6170 and 2910. Any body have any ideas ??
Update to CloneDVD 2.9.1.2.

Update to CloneDVD 2.9.1.2.

That may fix the issue.

Also . . .

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

10. My backups play on my computer or standalone dvd player, but not in something else. Why?

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer that means Clonedvd worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden 8x premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player that can't play the disc is slowly dying.

I'm sorry, I had a typo, I am running 2912 !!!!

Also, I am using the same DVD-R media that I have used ever since I got Clone DVD, I have changed nothing in equipment or settings. It seems to have changed since I updated to 2912 and 6170. Have there been any issues there ?

Have there been any issues there ?

Not that I am aware of. This change did occur in Clonedvd 2.9.1.2 though:

Version 2.9.1.2: 2007 08 09
- Fix: Discs created with CloneDVD did not play on some DVD player models

You could try Clonedvd 2.9.1.1 to see if that fixes your issue. If not, then my original reply in this thread applies.

1. What model/brand standalone dvd player are you using?

2. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

And you do need to realize that most blank media that is sold under certain brand names isn't made by that company. Different brand names can change manufacturers and sources. Moreover, disc quality varies more frequently with lower quality blank media. So some discs in a spindle may work while the others may fail.

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

Everything I wrote previously may still apply.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I think you helped me tremendously !! I did change the book type to DVD-ROM and the next couple of burns went smooth.
Now, you will tell me I am using junk media....Memorex, but it has performed well for me up to this point, but it looks like I will start switching over to Verbatim !!
Thanks again !!!

What standalone dvd player are you using? Brand and model please?

I have a Philips DVD player, model DVD724....it's an older unit, bought in Sept. of 1999, but its better than a lot of the cheapo units in the market right now.

Last edited:
I have a Philips DVD player, model DVD724....it's an older unit, bought in Sept. of 1999, but its better than a lot of the cheapo units in the market right now.

O.k., thank you. I doubt the change in Clonedvd 2.9.1.2 would have affected backups being able to play in your Philips dvd player (but I could be wrong).

"Version 2.9.1.2: 2007 08 09
- Fix: Discs created with CloneDVD did not play on some DVD player models"

Last edited:
You are saying that Verbatim makes a good DVD.
Should I buy any Verbatim DVD+R ? and I already have my book-type on my burner set to DVD-ROM .
I see I can get a 100 spindle of those discs at Sams Club for $29.98. Is that a good deal for those DVD's ?
Thanks

Back