• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about new/changing DVD protection

Jux

Hi guys,

I'm new here, just getting started with my brand new %G ipod video 80GB, :) and i want to copy DVDs so that i can watch them on my ipod. I have downloaded the trial version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD mobile to try it out before deciding if i like it and will purchase the final product.

What i was wondering about - do DVD companies change and update their copy protection? And if so, does SlySoft offer frequent updates to bypass this protection? If not...couldn't this software become outdated pretty quickly?

Thanks for your advice!

- Jux

Hi guys,

I'm new here, just getting started with my brand new %G ipod video 80GB, :) and i want to copy DVDs so that i can watch them on my ipod. I have downloaded the trial version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD mobile to try it out before deciding if i like it and will purchase the final product.

What i was wondering about - do DVD companies change and update their copy protection? And if so, does SlySoft offer frequent updates to bypass this protection? If not...couldn't this software become outdated pretty quickly?

Thanks for your advice!

- Jux
The DVD companies do, but not a lot. Slysoft updates a lot though.

What i was wondering about - do DVD companies change and update their copy protection?

Yes.

And if so, does SlySoft offer frequent updates to bypass this protection?

Yes.

In fact, some people actually complain that Slysoft updates AnyDVD too often. How one can complain about that is beyond my comprehension.

They are too lazy to update. Takes 2 minutes for me to download and install an update.

Yes, some people are the lazy ones. Others are fans of other products and in being a fanboy they use the frequent updates as one of their examples as to why AnyDVD isn't as good. Pretty lame reasoning.

Yes, some people are the lazy ones. Others are fans of other products and in being a fanboy they use the frequent updates as one of their examples as to why AnyDVD isn't as good. Pretty lame reasoning.
Well I appreciate the work of James and Slysoft as a whole for providing this great piece of software with frequent updates.

Cool! Thanks guys. This program seems much simpler to to use than others i've tried, so i'm pretty psyched about it.

Not yet, i'm still in my 20 day free trial period. just downloaded it yesterday. Just trying to get the hang of it.

Back