• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Confirmation - Lionsgate - locking up player at end of movie

cindyb

This is a new issue for The Confirmation that wasn't addressed in the previous threads. It is similar to other recent Lionsgate release issues. The DVD (US retail) copies fine, but when I play the movie the player locks up at the end of the credits. I use CloneDVD2. It shows that the movie is Title 28. At the end of the movie the player (oppo BDP-93 and oppo OPDV971H) goes to Title 46 (which is shown as having no content in CloneDVD2) locking up the player, and requiring a turn off and back on to get the player to respond. I tried making copies with Title 46 checked and unchecked. Both ways the player locks up on Title 46

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_G_THE_CONFIRMATION.ziplog
    847.3 KB · Views: 3
Try using CloneDVD2 to deselect titles 28 & 46 as a workarround until James has a full fix.

Then it's likely a protection issue and james will need a look because the logfile shows multiple read and navigational errors.

It seems Lions Gate is playing around with newer DVD protections again. Give the developers some time to look at the newer releases (ie Mockingjay Part 2, Allegiant, The Choice, The Confirmation, etc).

My issue is different... not sure why (different disc?)
I was able to successfully rip to an ISO image using 8.0.2.1, but when I play the movie, it always starts the movie at chapter 2. Even tried converting it to an mkv and same thing, it starts at chapter 2.
So I just downloaded 8.0.3.1 and tried ripping again... same result.
Before I post log files, let me know if ok do it here, or if I should start a new thread since my issue is different... thanks!

I was able to successfully rip to an ISO image using 8.0.2.1, but when I play the movie, it always starts the movie at chapter 2. Even tried converting it to an mkv and same thing, it starts at chapter 2.
Before I post log files, let me know if ok do it here, or if I should start a new thread since my issue is different... thanks!
Why would you think converting it to mkv would present a different result?

Why would you think converting it to mkv would present a different result?
I don't know... in hindsight I should not have even posted that, but that is not the main question I have. I just need to know if I should post log files here or start a new thread please.

You should do both to make it easier for the devs to see all the issues occurring.

I have the US retail version. All I do is make backup copies of DVD's. I just checked to be sure, and my DVD copy does start at Chapter 1 of the movie. I'd expect based on the previous threads for this movie that you would be able to rip a good copy of the movie only with 8.0.3.1. I suggest you go ahead and post your log file here. One of the mods will tell you to start a new thread if you need to do that.

I was able to successfully rip to an ISO image using 8.0.3.1, but when I play the movie, it always starts the movie at chapter 2. The disc plays fine using VLC Player on the same computer... only the ISO behaves this way. Log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_L_THE_CONFIRMATION.ziplog
    853.9 KB · Views: 5
I was able to successfully rip to an ISO image using 8.0.3.1, but when I play the movie, it always starts the movie at chapter 2. The disc plays fine using VLC Player on the same computer... only the ISO behaves this way. Log file attached.
Any updates on this? Do I need to start a new thread?

Another Lionsgate success for me with 8.0.4.0. The US retail version of The Confirmation copied and plays without issues. Again, thanks to James.

It seems Lions Gate is playing around with newer DVD protections again. Give the developers some time to look at the newer releases (ie Mockingjay Part 2, Allegiant, The Choice, The Confirmation, etc).

I'd love to see James make a comment or two about this. I assume Lions Gate is likely violating (or coming close to) the DVD standard for this to be going on.
Still after this many titles - it would be nice to get some feedback about this.
-W

Another Lionsgate success for me with 8.0.4.0. The US retail version of The Confirmation copied and plays without issues. Again, thanks to James.
You're welcome. All Lionsgate titles up to "Now You See Me 2" should be supported by 8.0.4.0

I'd love to see James make a comment or two about this. I assume Lions Gate is likely violating (or coming close to) the DVD standard for this to be going on.
Lionsgate uses Sony Arccos. It is "violating" the DVD standard as it did before, and there are some other protections which are much worse.

Still after this many titles - it would be nice to get some feedback about this.

Feedback about what exactly? :confused:

How does this type of protection affect ripping to ISO and then burning a disc from the ISO? It sounded a bit like this is what the OP is doing. I sometimes get new DVDs and back them up without looking at the backup, but it would be unsettling to need to use the backup down the line and find this problem embedded in the backup though I purchase few Lions Gate features.

It doesn't, if you rip the protection is removed. It's that simple, and you're left with only the valid dvd structure protection free.

How does this type of protection affect ripping to ISO and then burning a disc from the ISO? It sounded a bit like this is what the OP is doing. I sometimes get new DVDs and back them up without looking at the backup, but it would be unsettling to need to use the backup down the line and find this problem embedded in the backup though I purchase few Lions Gate features.
If the disc is unsupported (e.g. "Now You See Me 2" with AnyDVD version < 8.0.4.0) the backup won't work as expected.

Thank's Ch3vron and James. But, if a disc is not supported, won't AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD give that indication (and sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread)?

Back