• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dark Knight Rises Rip is Jittery or jumpy.

vader3234

Any ideas? The rip to hardisk when played through bdrebuilder is jumpy/jittery and when burned straight to a bd25 is the same. When the original bd is played in living room player it plays flawlessly.

Any ideas? The rip to hardisk when played through bdrebuilder is jumpy/jittery and when burned straight to a bd25 is the same. When the original bd is played in living room player it plays flawlessly.
It is recommended to rip any Blu-ray disc to ISO instead of hard disc, but outside of that, it wouldn't hurt to post an AnyDVD HD log of the Original Disc just to see what is going on.

BD Rebuilder isn't a player. Do you mean after re-encoding in BD Rebuilder it's jittery? If so then try ripping to hard drive using AnyDVD and playing that before running it through BD Rebuilder. If the rip is fine then it's the encoding process that's causing the issue

First forgive that just weeks ago I finally made the transition to blu ray in my home so I'm a total newbie with bd's. First I've been ripping Blu ray to hard drive (because I don't know what to do with a blu ray iso in bd rebuilder so it will fit on a bd25) then I use bdrebuilders preview to play the bdsv folder. When I preview the ripped from disc movie it's jittery and then also when I preview the shrunk file, it too is jittery. The resulting burned bd25 is jittery. This is the first time I've had this result while backing up a blu ray.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_E_THE DARK KNIGHT.ziplog
    492.3 KB · Views: 3
First forgive that just weeks ago I finally made the transition to blu ray in my home so I'm a total newbie with bd's. First I've been ripping Blu ray to hard drive (because I don't know what to do with a blu ray iso in bd rebuilder so it will fit on a bd25) then I use bdrebuilders preview to play the bdsv folder. When I preview the ripped from disc movie it's jittery and then also when I preview the shrunk file, it too is jittery. The resulting burned bd25 is jittery. This is the first time I've had this result while backing up a blu ray.
It's ok that you didn't know much. That's why those of us on this Forum are here: to help out our fellow users of this software. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Usually, by the way, when you rip to ISO, you mount the ripped iso to a virtual drive using Virtual CloneDrive, which can be downloaded at

https://www.redfox.bz/download.html

After installing Virtual CloneDrive, you mount your ISO, set it to a virtual drive, and use BD Rebuilder to point to that virtual drive, and then do whatever you want with BD Rebuilder (test the ISO with say, PowerDVD to make sure that it plays back correctly before you decide on what to do next, make a full 50GB 3D Blu-ray, make a 25 GB Blu-ray, make an MKV, etc.)

More info on how to mount ISO images is from the Virtual CloneDrive Forum. I'm attaching a link which should answer most of your questions down below:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/newbie-here-how-do-i-mount-a-iso-image.63115/

Anyway, Good Luck. I hope you get that movie to work.

Gong 82 thanks for the info on using the iso. Here's my next questions why is the iso method better than ripping to hard drive? And, I've been told bdrebuilder is not a good previewer of resulting bd file. Any good free previewers out there.

Because it retains certain optimized disc layout info that's present on the disc that gets lost during when you rip to folder. For 3D blu-ray it's even mandatory to rip to iso or your folder rip will be twice the size of the original. As far as preview goes, bd-rebuilder can't preview at all by itself. It calls a tool "mpc" to do the previewing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but that has nothing to do with bdrb and everything with the codecs used on the disc.

Because it retains certain optimized disc layout info that's present on the disc that gets lost during when you rip to folder. For 3D blu-ray it's even mandatory to rip to iso or your folder rip will be twice the size of the original. As far as preview goes, bd-rebuilder can't preview at all by itself. It calls a tool "mpc" to do the previewing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but that has nothing to do with bdrb and everything with the codecs used on the disc.

havent you said one of the advantages of anydvd is the on the fly rip function, that you can use tsmuxer or maybe bdrebuilder without ripping the hole disc to the hdd as folder or iso?

Yes,
AnyDVDHD is an on the fly decrypter. Which means that once it "sees" the disc and does its magic.
It appears as an unencrypted source to any software you would like to use or simple Windows file copy.
Ripping is not necessary for AnyDVDHD to do its job.

so why rip to folder and than apply a third party programm to resize it?

The ripper is only a secondary function. The primary function is decrypting and the ability to make changes and see those reflected immediately through a software player. I do recommend ripping first, because a hdd can feed data to the encoder faster than an odd.

can feed faster thats right, but you have the delay of ripping the whole disc + hdd transfer rates. if you only remuxe the movie the programm only takes the parts of the disc that are necessary, with a 2d movie its
about 25gb of around 50gb for the main movie.

True but you're not taking into account the wear on the drive, heat generation by the constantly spinning disc, ... Only 25gb? Trust me you're off on that one, I've seen a lot of where the main title is 30-35gb and higher.

None, as those 'previewers' may very well be the problem. Blu-ray is meant to be played in disc mode and not previewed in file mode. Preferably by licensed players.

Sure there is, play the bdrb output in powerdvd. Just because it's shrunk doesn't mean powerdvd can't handle it.

You beat me to it Ch3vy, but I haven't seen anything about the hardware and connections. Specifically if the drives are external, and possibly passing through a hub, (older USB), that could be limiting pass-through. Just a thought.

This is an very interesting conversation about a movie that came out 4 years ago, and even though I'm a Christopher Nolan fan, it doesn't quite hit the highs (IMO) that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight did. It isn't a bad movie, but I wished that Heath Ledger was alive so he could've made an appearance in this film. Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway were excellent in the movie though, and I'm generally not a Hathaway fan.

I'm using an internal Pioneer BDR 209. This is the first blu ray to give me this problem but I may have figured it out. So I made the ISO of it to desktop then played ISO in Cyberlink powerdvd played flawlessly. So I proceeded to make a disc only to see it start doing the jerky thing again. It just so happens that I reloaded on blank bdr 25 media. I had been using TKD BDR's but I had read many many positive reviews of optical quantum bd 25's I purchased 50 for 25 or so bucks. I think my blank media may be the culprit as the last disc I made was made using imgburn on the slowest setting and still the resulting disc played but was jittery. Am going to do a movie I've already done to test.

Back