• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal Download

mad_fr34k

Just another thing that i have noticed, on the download section on the slysoft website, all of the other Slysoft Programs have the version number included on the download file name i.e.

AnyDVD : SetupAnyDVD6170.exe
CloneDVD: SetupCloneDVD2912slysoft.exe
CloneDVD Mobile: SetupCloneDVDmobile1154.exe
Clone CD : SetupCloneCD5301.exe
Game Jackal : SetupGameJackal.exe
See no version number :D

Just another thing that i have noticed, on the download section on the slysoft website, all of the other Slysoft Programs have the version number included on the download file name i.e.

AnyDVD : SetupAnyDVD6170.exe
CloneDVD: SetupCloneDVD2912slysoft.exe
CloneDVD Mobile: SetupCloneDVDmobile1154.exe
Clone CD : SetupCloneCD5301.exe
Game Jackal : SetupGameJackal.exe
See no version number :D

The versioning is different for Game Jackal as it was carried over from the previous developers. So it would need to be called SetupGameJackal2918570.exe which is just confusing.

how about the last 4 digits of the build number? such as setupgamejackal8570?
it just makes it easier to keep the version numbers straight.

Because of future builds it would probably be better just naming the download file like this > SetupGameJackal2.9.18.570.exe just by adding the version number to the end of the file name.

They'll do it the way they damn well want to do it. End of story. Bedtime now :p

Because of future builds it would probably be better just naming the download file like this > SetupGameJackal2.9.18.570.exe just by adding the version number to the end of the file name.

I think naming the installer in this particular format is a good idea. :agree:

I do it myself allready. It was very handy during the last public beta-period. With this format I actually knew which version of GJ was which.:)

Oh well - We have to continue manually rename the exe I guess. In this case I don't really fret by SlySoft's decision.

Last edited:
Back