• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Recreating your AnyDVD HD license key (7.6.9.5 and below)

Taylor Everding

I hope this information will help others who were in a similar situation to me. This technique should work with versions 7.6.9.5 and below. I place no guarantees how much lower these instructions will.

I was about to get a new computer, but I lost my AnyDVD HD license key. I discovered the following technique to recreate my license file. Your results may vary.

1) Grab the "key" from your registry. On my 64-bit machine, it was located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Key
2) Create a new file called key.AnyDVD.
3) On line one of key.AnyDVD, paste the text [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Key]
4) On line two, put "Key"=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx= (with the quotes around Key)
5) Replace xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx= is the key from step 1.
5) Save the file
6) Double click on the file or use AnyDVD HD registration utility.

Your file should look something like this if 0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz= was your key from step one.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Key]
"Key"=0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz=

This should be enough information for someone to write a key export utility.

Last edited:
I hope this information will help others who were in a similar situation to me. This technique should work with versions 7.6.9.5 and below. I place no guarantees how much lower these instructions will.

I was about to get a new computer, but I lost my AnyDVD HD license key. I discovered the following technique to recreate my license file. Your results may vary.

1) Grab the "key" from your registry. On my 64-bit machine, it was located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Key
3) On line one of key.AnyDVD, paste the text [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Key]
5) Save the file

Your file should look something like this if 0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz= was your key from step one.

That's all nice and good, but you do realize with newer Blu-rays and DVDs your version of AnyDVD will become increasingly irrelevant. The RedFox Project has had a 20% off sale for almost 2 months now (and its 30% off if you use something like Bitcoin) and the sale will end 1 week from today, Sunday, July 17, 2016.

I hope that your situation improves so that you can pick up a new license, even if it's for 1 year.

Anyway, best of luck to you.

(y)

Yes, as time passes AnyDVD 7.x will become less feasible when it comes to newer protections and Blu-ray, in general, but the directions to recreate a license key is valuable if an older license owner is unable to retrieve a key from RedFox. Sure, people should make backups and store them in different locations but the information is still valid and valuable to some users.

5) Save the file

I'll have to check on this one.

I just wanted to add a note to this thread. I see no reason why the method discussed here should not work for creating a backup of a license that cannot otherwise be re-obtained. That said, digging around in one's Windows Registry should be done by people who understand what they doing. Take into account that a mistake can seriously screw up a computer. People are taking responsibility for any issues that might occur if they mess around with things they shouldn't be. Taylor Everding, myself, and RedFox hold absolutely zero responsibility for any negative consequences due to poor decisions or accidents.

I just wanted to add a note to this thread. I see no reason why the method discussed here should not work for creating a backup of a license that cannot otherwise be re-obtained. That said, digging around in one's Windows Registry should be done by people who understand what they doing. Take into account that a mistake can seriously screw up a computer. People are taking responsibility for any issues that might occur if they mess around with things they shouldn't be. Taylor Everding, myself, and RedFox hold absolutely zero responsibility for any negative consequences due to poor decisions or accidents.
I just want to add, that there is an easier and less dangerous way to copy the license. Navigate to
Code:
 C:\ProgramData\SlySoft\AnyDVD
(this is for Vista & up) and copy the "AnyDVD.lic" file to a safe location. Done.

EDIT:
The ProgramData folder is probably hidden, so you have to enable "show hidden files & folders" in folder settings.

Is there anywhere I can download the last working version of SlySoft's AnyDVD HD? The last repository I tried gave my computer issues.

Back