• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best current SATA Internal BD Optical Drive.........

MCharlie

.............that writes, of course, and is 50gb capable.

And, reasonably priced!

Building a home theater computer to replace my S-L-O-W AMD based laptop. o_O

Thanks...

MC

You know , that's like asking for the best gaming console. It's really a preference thing. I recommend searching (newegg.com). They have really good pricing IMO. But even that is a preference thing too. I myself would also recommend one that is BDXL compatible. I know LG has a couple of those. And pioneer has at least one.
Hopefully that answers your question.
I will also say this it "the drive" doesn't have to be the latest and greatest to do a good job. I have a LG GGC H20L mfg Oct. of 2008 that was starting to finally have disc recognition problems. So I replaced it with an LG BH10LS30 that I purchased a few yrs ago and didn't install because I wasn't planning to burn BD until CBD was out and stable. The BH10LS30 I have is at least three yrs old if not more. But it was a improvement of read and rip (when nessecery for me) times with the AnyDVDHD image ripper. Have not let CBD do a read and rip from it yet though. But I expect it to be faster than it was before.

Last edited:
Like ford vs. Chevrolet, eh wot?!!

Currently in my server, is an ASUS 12 something...12 r/w on BD's and I *think* 24 on regular DVD's. I am not unhappy with it, although I have had a few issues with it writing a 50 gig disk clone. Don't know if it was the hardware or the software (CloneBD) Seems I did do a full clone and it worked fine, so it could have been an earlier version of CBD that was the culprit. I think I will stay with the ASUS drive....not real excited about the BDXL stuff yet..too expensive and, from what I gather from reviews, etc., not widely accepted (yet?).

Thanks for your thoughts!

MC

Like ford vs. Chevrolet, eh wot?!!

Currently in my server, is an ASUS 12 something...12 r/w on BD's and I *think* 24 on regular DVD's. I am not unhappy with it, although I have had a few issues with it writing a 50 gig disk clone. Don't know if it was the hardware or the software (CloneBD) Seems I did do a full clone and it worked fine, so it could have been an earlier version of CBD that was the culprit. I think I will stay with the ASUS drive....not real excited about the BDXL stuff yet..too expensive and, from what I gather from reviews, etc., not widely accepted (yet?).

Thanks for your thoughts!

MC
Newegg has them (BDXL) for as low as $50 right now. But they don't come with any software ie PDVD.

I like my LG WH16NS40, and my Pioneer BDR-2209 (BDXL). They both perform about the same for me with respect to Riping DVD and BD disks, but the Pioneer is super quiet. I don't burn BD Disks so I can't speak on burn speed or quality. (y)

Back