• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vacancy and The lookout

PuNiSh3R

Here are 2 new movies coming out Tuesday thought i put up the info :)

The Lookout
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1731600 sectors (3382 MBytes)
Total size: 3135288 sectors (6123 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LOO0NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Vacancy
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2065072 sectors (4033 MBytes)
Total size: 4100816 sectors (8009 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Vacancy
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I'm having trouble with The Vacancy and AnyDVD (6.1.7.0) It won't remove the encryption. I did it with Fab.......... I'll try AnyDVD again later when I have some time.

I'm having trouble with The Vacancy and AnyDVD (6.1.7.0) It won't remove the encryption. I did it with Fab.......... I'll try AnyDVD again later when I have some time.

That disc doesn't have any protection on it other than css, so you should be able to load it directly into Shrink without Anydvd (if Shrink is what you normally use).

That disc doesn't have any protection on it other than css, so you should be able to load it directly into Shrink without Anydvd (if Shrink is what you normally use).

I am using Shrink and AnyDVD doesn't remove the encryption. I will try it again when I finish my other backups.

Now I'm getting a CRC error w/Shrink so I must have a bad copy. Fab got it copied to my HDD so all is well.

Last edited:
Could try to have Nero CD-DVD speed scan it.

I ran it through Nero for about 5 min. and all I saw was Red. I'll return it tomorrow. I got it backed up with Fab so not a big deal.
Edit: I gave the disc one more try in a Plextor DVDRW drive and Shrink made it through.

Last edited:
Vacancy worked fine for me using the three-step combo in my signature. I kept all menus and features and removed all ads and trailers.

Vacancy worked fine for me using the three-step combo in my signature. I kept all menus and features and removed all ads and trailers.

My problem was not software related. The disc is evidently flawed.

My problem was not software related. The disc is evidently flawed.

OldJoe,

I hope you didn't take offense to my post. Before I posted I was aware of your Nero CD/DVD speed scan results that indicated a bad disc. There are many who back up the main movie only, I just wanted to state my progress of backing up the majority of a good (no errors) disc without posting a new thread.

OldJoe,

I hope you didn't take offense to my post. Before I posted I was aware of your Nero CD/DVD speed scan results that indicated a bad disc. There are many who back up the main movie only, I just wanted to state my progress of backing up the majority of a good (no errors) disc without posting a new thread.
Unless you want to pay extra money for DL discs, you should do main move only.

Unless you want to pay extra money for DL discs, you should do main move only.

I consider it user preference, but using a 720p upconversion, I honestly can't tell the difference between the backup and original. I see your point though.

I consider it user preference, but using a 720p upconversion, I honestly can't tell the difference between the backup and original. I see your point though.
Yeah. Some people claim they need to use DL discs to preserve quality. I laugh at that because there is almost no difference in quality. The only difference is the size of your wallet.

Yeah. Some people claim they need to use DL discs to preserve quality. I laugh at that because there is almost no difference in quality. The only difference is the size of your wallet.

So very, very true!:agree:

I like that smilie shaking it's head up and down, it's very convincing of agreement. :D

ha ha! Just to be clear, that's just my opinion about not using DL's--I don't consider it factual. It's like arguing back and forth whether Ford or Chevy is better.

I like the first quote of your signature. I find it inspiring-seriously.

ha ha! Just to be clear, that's just my opinion about not using DL's--I don't consider it factual. It's like arguing back and forth whether Ford or Chevy is better.

I like the first quote of your signature. I find it inspiring-seriously.
I find Jimmy V inspiring. That's why I put it in my signature. I'll never forget Jimmy Valvano.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Foundation#V_Foundation

Back