• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Change Filetype of Ripped Backup

Pallando

I backed-up a BD disk to my hard drive and got the usual /BDMV/ and /CERTIFICATE/ subdirectories. The new backup works well from both the HDD and a thumb drive to which I copied it. My original BD disk has been lost so all I have are the two above-named copies of the full-filed Blu-ray backup.

Now I need a single-file version of this backup: .mpg, .m2ts, .mp4, .m4v or .avi or closely related files will work.

Can this be done? With the RedFox toolbox? Any other conversion apps someone has worked with?

Thanks,
Pallando

Not an anydvd issue. Topic moved. Other than that, Adbear is correct. CloneBD will do this.

or use bdinfo and muxe the right playlist with tsmuxer for m2ts or mts files

I would recommend the cloneBD route. It's alot simpler really. However as to not waste any unnecessary time and headaches. I would also recommend doing a 10 to 20 min clip TEST to make sure it will play fine in what you are using to watch it. Especially if you are doing it as a lossless audio/video File.

or use bdinfo and muxe the right playlist with tsmuxer for m2ts or mts files

I used to do this but found you lose original chapter marks. With TSMuxer, better to set output as ISO which will keep chapters but you may want to check if your playback software will play an ISO.

I've had to convert a BD folder structure as well recently and used MakeMKV. Very simple tool, only one single output file, but it is in MKV (ie, universal) format and not one of the ones you listed.

Good luck, Y

That's not want he wants to do. Iso is a full disc container, op wants a single movie file such as avi, mp4 and that's not something IMGBurn can do. That requires conversing and ImgBurn can't convert.

That's not want he wants to do. Iso is a full disc container, op wants a single movie file such as avi, mp4 and that's not something IMGBurn can do. That requires conversing and ImgBurn can't convert.

I'm not recommending he should create an ISO just suggesting the better course with TSMuxer. Didn't mention IMGBurn, don't know much about it and don't use it.

As for creating an ISO of a single BD playlist file, yes, it can be done. I do it with discs that have mono LPCM audio tracks because my media player freaks out with MKVs with this audio format.

the better course if he wants iso is to simply rip to iso straight from the AnyDVD ripper. Again, he doesn't want an iso from the single playlist. He wants a portable file like mkv, avi, mp4 and thats not something anydvd can do. That's a job for cloneBD

Again, not recommending creating an ISO... :whistle:

But I would recommend MakeMKV. :D

Again, not recommending creating an ISO... :whistle:

But I would recommend MakeMKV. :D
I like MakeMKV as well (I have bought 2 licenses from them) but it's useless as a backup if the original source has Cinavia with it.

Case in point, I wanted a lossless MKV of "Straight Outta Compton." MakeMKV made the MKV file without any issues, but when I tried to play the MKV in my Samsung Blu-ray player, I get the Cinavia cut off message on my HDTV screen after 20 minutes. Now, with AnyDVD HD and CloneBD, I can create an MKV without Cinavia, but at this time, the audio is degraded to AC3. It's ok for a Action movie or Comedy, but since this movie is about music, not too good for listening audiophiles.

I hope that soon that CloneBD can create a lossless MKV that ignores any Cinavia from the original Blu-ray disc so I can play it in my Samsung Blu-ray player.

Right. I guess it depends on what your playback system/device is. I haven't experienced this issue with my media player.

Right. I guess it depends on what your playback system/device is. I haven't experienced this issue with my media player.
Personal note: AACS describes the Advanced Access Content System Licensing Administrator (AACS LA), but from here on out just referred to as AACS.

I found this on a site I frequent, so I'll add it here just so you see how Cinavia is now so pervasive with licensed software/hardware players:

"An update to the AACS licensing agreement indicated that all players sent to the BDA (Blu-ray Disc Association) for licensing after February 1st, 2012 should have the Cinavia detection routine embedded in the firmware. There is no legal licensing requirement for previously certified players to include Cinavia in firmware updates, but, if the manufacturer wishes to do so, there is nothing to prevent them from doing so."

This meant that any software or hardware media player that needed to be certified by the BDA had to have the Cinavia check placed in it, such as all versions of PowerDVD from PowerDVD 12 on, or any Blu-ray player certified after February 1, 2012, such as my Samsung, which is only a little over a year old.

That's why I have 3 legally purchased copies of PowerDVD 10 Ultra on my PC and 2 laptops, because thanks to AnyDVD HD, despite PowerDVD 10 no longer updated by Cyberlink (It was discontinued,) I can still play the latest Blu-ray movies and TV shows without a hitch, and since PowerDVD 10 was certified by the BDA before Cinavia was enforced, hench the fact I don't have to worry about the Cinavia message on any of my ISO rips or MKVs after 20 minutes on PowerDVD 10 Ultra.

In your case, I'd strongly advise to check if you have any Blu-ray discs that come from these studios: Sony, Lionsgate, Universal, and check that your media player will play C. These studios are the ones that are using Cinavia--there may be other studios doing this, but these are the main ones using that audio DRM. If you do, create a lossless MKV with MakeMKV and play it on your player, and see if it'll mute the audio after 20 minutes.

Now, if you have a media player that isn't certified by the BDA, then you're good to go. But remember, the players that aren't certified by the BDA tend to pick the largest playlist on a Blu-ray disc, and studios now use playlist obfuscation to mess up unlicensed players (and AnyDVD HD sometimes, until users of AnyDVD upload a log to this Forum so that the developers can fix that particular disc--don't forget to point your player to the right playlist if it isn't certified by the BDA after AnyDVD fixes your disc,) and they have various versions of the same movie in different parts of the world, sometimes even different versions of the same movie in the very same country.

Understood but as I said earlier, given the playback system/device, and how I rip and store, do not have any problems. Really seem to be repeating myself a lot in this thread...perhaps we should get back on topic? ;)

Understood but as I said earlier, given the playback system/device, and how I rip and store, do not have any problems. Really seem to be repeating myself a lot in this thread...perhaps we should get back on topic? ;)
I'm fine with the topic on hand, but remember, MakeMKV doesn't work for everything, especially for my system.

The stuff that the OP wanted to do won't matter at all with MakeMKV, because what he wants to do with his Blu-ray rip is to convert into .mpg, .m2ts, .mp4, .m4v or .avi.

MakeMKV does not convert into those other formats.

That's where CloneBD comes into play, just like me, Adbear and Ch3vr0n mentioned to the OP, not you.

:whistle:

I'm fine with the topic on hand, but remember, MakeMKV doesn't work for everything, especially for my system.

The stuff that the OP wanted to do won't matter at all with MakeMKV, because what he wants to do with his Blu-ray rip is to convert into .mpg, .m2ts, .mp4, .m4v or .avi.

MakeMKV does not convert into those other formats.

That's where CloneBD comes into play, just like me, Adbear and Ch3vr0n mentioned to the OP, not you.

:whistle:

Please re-read the OP: ".mpg, .m2ts, .mp4, .m4v or .avi or closely related files will work". A matroska/MKV fits that call-out.

Perhaps the OP needs to step in here to clarify what their needs really are because I've interpreted their post as not knowing what they really want (if I'm wrong, I humbly apologize to them). Making a BD into an AVI makes no sense to me, converting to M2TS may not be needed depending on how the BDMV folder was originally created, TSMuxer is a viable solution to create a M2TS file. Perhaps they are unaware of what an MKV is? You see, too many questions...

Look, if I'm wrong, I'll gladly own up and eat humble pie but until then, let's wait for the OP to help with what they needed or not needed and then we can all make reasonable recommendations.

Op (me) didn't expect quite a discussion, but it was certainly insightful. Lotsa detours, but Ch3vr0n knew my intent, so thanx for to him for keeping on-topic and others for their their experiences with their own modes of accomplishing the task.

So I used Adbear and Ch3vr0n's early suggestion and used CloneBD. I got an almost perfect backup, but (if I can recall) I had to choose whether or not I wanted closed captions or not on the resulting .mp4 file. (I need CCs most of the time since Uncle set me too close to the artillery for a while.) Does CloneBD provide an option for toggling the CC?

Curiously, it seems some BDs will have their whole film - including CC control - on the largest .m2ts file in the BDMV/STREAM dir, which I can copy straight to my HDD. Don't know whether the initial AnyDVD scan of the disk makes this 'too-da*n-easy' rip possible. Does the AnyDVD scan have this effect of easily copying off a file from a BD disk?

Anyway, the net here is that I put both the .mp4 and the .m2ts files on a thumb drive plugged into a DVD-BD reader box (the ultimate goal) and both files read perfectly, except for the differing CC capabilities mentioned above.

Thanks to all contributors,

Pallando

Back