• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 virus?

beachbum

I have been having problems with AVG not wanting to play nice with AnyDVD. And before anyone asks, it was downloaded and registered through SlySoft.

It was working fine, until Saturday, when all of a sudden AVG started popping up a message saying that AnyDVD.exe is actually a trojan, "polycrypt" to be exact. This was on an older version of AnyDVD, and I knew there was an update available, so I just deleted the "virus" files and uninstalled the older version, then downloaded version 6.1.7.0. It installed with no problems, however when I restarted my computer after installation, I got a popup saying that AnyDVD.exe cannot be found. Strangely enough, it's back in the virus vault again.

Is anyone else having this problem, or better yet, does anyone know if this is just a false positive and if so, how do I get around it?

Thanks in advance.

You will not get a virus if you downloaded from Slysoft. Therefore it must be a false positive.

I have been having problems with AVG not wanting to play nice with AnyDVD. And before anyone asks, it was downloaded and registered through SlySoft.

It was working fine, until Saturday, when all of a sudden AVG started popping up a message saying that AnyDVD.exe is actually a trojan, "polycrypt" to be exact. This was on an older version of AnyDVD, and I knew there was an update available, so I just deleted the "virus" files and uninstalled the older version, then downloaded version 6.1.7.0. It installed with no problems, however when I restarted my computer after installation, I got a popup saying that AnyDVD.exe cannot be found. Strangely enough, it's back in the virus vault again.

Is anyone else having this problem, or better yet, does anyone know if this is just a false positive and if so, how do I get around it?

Thanks in advance.
You downloaded it from www.slysoft.com and it is not cracked, right?

You will not get a virus if you downloaded from Slysoft. Therefore it must be a false positive.

That's what I thought, thank you for the quick response. So, now I just have to figure out how to get around it or restore the .exe file.

That's what I thought, thank you for the quick response. So, now I just have to figure out how to get around it or restore the .exe file.

Downloading from slysoft is fine and would be a false positive but the crack used according to google would put this on your PC. Ir a registry patch.

Why did I not get the same though as I use AVG too and on three machines?

One had to be used regardless it was for anydvd or something else according to google. Look at the google link and read on.

Nope, no cracks or patches here. 100% legitimate bought and paid for registration through SlySoft. I have had this program for about 6 months, registered, with no problems until this past weekend. I appreciate your help, but it's not a cracked version.

This is maleware/spyware I would seriously use 3 or 4 different tools to remove this if you are a legit user then this is the crap that can allow manipulation on your machine eventually and then you take chance of you key getting blacklisted. What ever you do have on your PC that you didn't legally buy I suggest you to remove that. If you're using a P2P program I would remove that as well.

This is maleware/spyware I would seriously use 3 or 4 different tools to remove this if you are a legit user then this is the crap that can allow manipulation on your machine eventually and then you take chance of you key getting blacklisted. What ever you do have on your PC that you didn't legally buy I suggest you to remove that. If you're using a P2P program I would remove that as well.

So did you use any crack of any kind on your system or pirate anything?

This is what I was thinking.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll never even try AVG now. I prefer avast! antivirus.

We all have preferences I am a avid avg user for 6 years now.

The problem has most likely introduced onto the PC from another source. Norton has been known to show a Registry item from AnyDVD as a Trojan but I have never heard of AVG showing as such. AVG is a very efficient and trustworthy software. I've used it for several yrs. and I install it on all of my retail builds.

Back