• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

slow ISO reads

sodub

when I tried to copy a DVD Clone CD took about two hours to read the ISO, then 15mins to burn it. I later tried to backup a game CD and after 20 minutes the ISo read was only on 1% so I cancelled it.

Is it normal to take this long? When I used Nero I could copy a DVD in 10 minutes. My Asus disc drive is new and works fine with Vista.

Help would be appreciated :)

when I tried to copy a DVD Clone CD took about two hours to read the ISO, then 15mins to burn it. I later tried to backup a game CD and after 20 minutes the ISo read was only on 1% so I cancelled it.

Is it normal to take this long? When I used Nero I could copy a DVD in 10 minutes. My Asus disc drive is new and works fine with Vista.

Help would be appreciated :)

Could you please provide some more information?

Such as:

- What DVD?
- What version of CloneCD are you using?
- Are you using AnyDVD as well? What version? Paste status window text here
- What game CD was it? Please use ProtectionID: http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/ and paste the log here
- What ASUS drive is it? What version of firmware?
- What edition and 32/64-bit version of Vista?

Once we know this information, it will be possible to take it from there...:)

information

DVD= The Holiday

Version of Clone CD= 5.3.0.1

I am not using anyDVD

Game= The sims 2 pets disc 1

Vista Premium 32 bit

Drive= ASUS DRW-1608P3S, the driver is version 6.0.6000.16386,

I know the drive works, as I can burn through windows media player.

CdKiller info

I downloaded the program and scanned every exe and dll I could find in the Game disc, this is what it came up with

[ ProtectionID v5.2c ]=- (c) CdKiller & [x/xxx]
Build 12-02-2007....
> Ready

Scanning -> D:\TSBin\Sims2EP4.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 17567580 (010C0F5Ch) Bytes
-> File has 1212252 (0127F5Ch) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0F99000h
[!] Safedisc 4.60.000 detected !
[!] protection level: Safedisc API
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> serial number
- Scan Took : 4.547 Seconds

Scanning -> D:\TSBin\TS2UPD.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 69632 (011000h) Bytes
[!] File appears to have no protection or is using an unknown protection
- Scan Took : 0.969 Seconds

Scanning -> D:\TSBin\TS2UPD0.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 18777053 (011E83DDh) Bytes
-> File has 18432989 (011943DDh) bytes of appended data starting at offset 054000h
- Scan Took : 11.94 Seconds

Scanning -> D:\TSBin\ijl15.dll
File Type : Dll, Size : 352256 (056000h) Bytes
[!] File appears to have no protection or is using an unknown protection
- Scan Took : 0.890 Seconds

Scanning -> D:\Support\The Sims 2 Pets_code.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 323584 (04F000h) Bytes
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey
- Scan Took : 3.188 Seconds

Scanning -> D:\AutoRun.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 704512 (0AC000h) Bytes
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey
- Scan Took : 0.125 Seconds

DVD= The Holiday

Version of Clone CD= 5.3.0.1

I am not using anyDVD

Game= The sims 2 pets disc 1

Vista Premium 32 bit

Drive= ASUS DRW-1608P3S, the driver is version 6.0.6000.16386,

I know the drive works, as I can burn through windows media player.

So you are trying to make a copy of a DVD without using software that would remove copy-protection from the DVD? In that case, I'm not surprised that it is not working...try installing AnyDVD and see what you get...

I downloaded the program and scanned every exe and dll I could find in the Game disc, this is what it came up with

[ ProtectionID v5.2c ]=- (c) CdKiller & [x/xxx]
Build 12-02-2007....
> Ready

Scanning -> D:\TSBin\Sims2EP4.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 17567580 (010C0F5Ch) Bytes
-> File has 1212252 (0127F5Ch) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0F99000h
[!] Safedisc 4.60.000 detected !
[!] protection level: Safedisc API
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> serial number
- Scan Took : 4.547 Seconds

It is obvious that Safedisc 4.6 is present, but I have doubts if it is covered by CloneCD. Most likely not, so you'd need Game Jackal to emulate the protection :)

anydvd is only for movies if i remember correctly. those are game copy protections, which is what gamejackal is designed to deal with.

anydvd is only for movies if i remember correctly. those are game copy protections, which is what gamejackal is designed to deal with.
CloneCD will allow you to make a copy of a game. GameJackal simply allows you to play the game from your HDD.

yes, and clonecd allows you to make working copies of some copy protected games, depending on the specific copy protection right?

yes, and clonecd allows you to make working copies of some copy protected games, depending on the specific copy protection right?
CloneCD is the perfect tool to make backup copies of your music and data CDs, regardless of copy protection. CloneCD's award-winning user interface allows you to copy almost any CD in just a few mouse clicks.
It should work on any game.

That's correct. I believe they have stopped adding copy-protection removal features for some time now, so no luck with the latest stuff. Personally, I don't use it for that anyway...:)

That's correct. I believe they have stopped adding copy-protection removal features for some time now, so no luck with the latest stuff. Personally, I don't use it for that anyway...:)
I've never used CloneCD but 1 or 2 times, there is no need for it. I rarely deal with CDs anymore anyways.

That's a whole new kettle of fish or can of worms and we better not open it...:p
Some people use CloneCD to copy DL DVDs to preserve the original layer break, which I feel it doesn't matter where the layer break is. CDs are an outdated technology.

can clonecd copy dvds? (specifically game dvds)
It should be able to.

Since the release of 5.0, CloneCD is not only able to copy CDs but also most DVD formats, such as DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM. The movies are copied 1:1 and therefore not modified (compressed). Note that to copy movie DVDs you also require AnyDVD.

It should be able to.

Please note that it's not necessarily indicative of CloneCD being able to copy game DVDs. Game DVDs have protection on them and I'm not certain how well CloneCD tackles the newer versions of protection. If it's just pure data you are copying then it's the best :D

Please note that it's not necessarily indicative of CloneCD being able to copy game DVDs. Game DVDs have protection on them and I'm not certain how well CloneCD tackles the newer versions of protection. If it's just pure data you are copying then it's the best :D
Well, what apps out there are good for copying new games?

Back