• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please explain Cinavia Option in AnyDVD HD

TODDSSF

There are now two optional check boxes in AnyDVD HD.
One for "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" (checked by default)
One for "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream during copy" (unchecked by default).

I actually haven't seen anything indicating these options had arrived. Obviously the ability to remove it only works in conjunction with CloneBD. I did some testing with the first releases of CloneBD and it still had a ways to go. I guess I'll have to do another trial and see how it works.

Does the first option work with any ISO/MKV ripped from an AnyDVD HD disc? The idea being the player could not see the existence of the watermark even though it's still there? If this still works, is there any reason to actually remove it?
Or does this only work if the player is reading directly from the original media in the drive?

With all the past talk on Cinevia, I looked to see if anyone had posted on this and couldn't find it. If i missed the note somewhere sorry for doubling up.

Thanks

Right click each option (as with every setting in anydvd), it will tell you exactly what it's for and what it does.

These are not new options; they were introduced under SlySoft long before RedFox took over.

The first option disables the Cinavia detection routine in most licensed BD players (like PowerDVD), so that the disc plays normally without having to remove the signal. It works with ISOs mounted in Virtual CloneDrive, since the player sees VCD as a physical drive. I'm not 100% certain about ISO/MKV rips loaded directly into a licensed player, but IIRC that now works as well; look thru the release notes or search this forum. (Unlicensed players never detect Cinavia so it's not needed for them.) It does NOT remove the actual signal, so it cannot enable playback of rips on other devices.

As you guessed, the second one is specific to CloneBD; it works with certain CloneBD options to remove Cinavia during CloneBD rips. As you suggested, for many people it's not ready for prime time.

These are not new options; they were introduced under SlySoft long before RedFox took over.

The first option disables the Cinavia detection routine in most licensed BD players (like PowerDVD), so that the disc plays normally without having to remove the signal. It works with ISOs mounted in Virtual CloneDrive, since the player sees VCD as a physical drive. I'm not 100% certain about ISO/MKV rips loaded directly into a licensed player, but IIRC that now works as well; look thru the release notes or search this forum. (Unlicensed players never detect Cinavia so it's not needed for them.) It does NOT remove the actual signal, so it cannot enable playback of rips on other devices.

As you guessed, the second one is specific to CloneBD; it works with certain CloneBD options to remove Cinavia during CloneBD rips. As you suggested, for many people it's not ready for prime time.
You're correct, RBBrittain, that it isn't quite there yet, due to the fact that any music in the original Blu-ray disc now sounds somewhat odd or off-key when you do the AnyDVD/CloneBD Cinavia permanent removal combo.

For example, my CloneBD downgraded to AC3 audio copy of "The Wedding Ringer" is good only for me to pay attention to what the actors/actresses are saying.

When the music kicked in, the whole movie sounded like being in a tunnel.

I tried it with "Straight Outta Compton" recently and the results were more or less the same.

Yep it's a real downer.

Wasn't redfox working on some Cinavia specific software called Slice or something? I would love if we can use it to rip it out of some backed up Blu-ray .ISOs :)

That slice was dubbed CloneBD more than a year ago and it can't remove cinavia on its own. It's AnyDVD HD that applies the cinavia fix by tapping INTO CloneBD during the audio processing.

You're correct, RBBrittain, that it isn't quite there yet, due to the fact that any music in the original Blu-ray disc now sounds somewhat odd or off-key when you do the AnyDVD/CloneBD Cinavia permanent removal combo.

For example, my CloneBD downgraded to AC3 audio copy of "The Wedding Ringer" is good only for me to pay attention to what the actors/actresses are saying.

When the music kicked in, the whole movie sounded like being in a tunnel.

I tried it with "Straight Outta Compton" recently and the results were more or less the same.
Since it prevents it from being detected in official player's ie.PDVD I'm guessing your playing on a standalone. Just put those into lossless mkv's. Maybe you could try a 25 to 30 min clip because they're not supposed to detect it that way. And you can play them on most standalone's through the USB port, or burn it to a RW and play it that way. Actually that's a good test for you if you've not done it yet. Take SOC and make a clip long enough to trigger cinivia and see if it does. Playback through the USB doesn't on mine. Don't have a BD burner installed right now so can't do it that way . If that works for you you'll never have to down convert to ac3 with fix applied by AnyDVDHD again, well unless you want to of course.

Since it prevents it from being detected in official player's ie.PDVD I'm guessing your playing on a standalone. Just put those into lossless mkv's. Maybe you could try a 25 to 30 min clip because they're not supposed to detect it that way. And you can play them on most standalone's through the USB port, or burn it to a RW and play it that way. Actually that's a good test for you if you've not done it yet. Take SOC and make a clip long enough to trigger cinivia and see if it does. Playback through the USB doesn't on mine. Don't have a BD burner installed right now so can't do it that way . If that works for you you'll never have to down convert to ac3 with fix applied by AnyDVDHD again, well unless you want to of course.
I've never done it with a flash drive, though I have one large enough to handle a Blu-ray rip or MKV equivalent.

I'll try it out on one of my Cinavia 'enhanced' Blu-ray discs and convert the disc into an MKV later this week and let you know how it went.

I've never done it with a flash drive, though I have one large enough to handle a Blu-ray rip or MKV equivalent.

I'll try it out on one of my Cinavia 'enhanced' Blu-ray discs and convert the disc into an MKV later this week and let you know how it went.
Straight Out of Compton is what I tested with. You should also be able to burn the mkv to an RW and play that too. If drive is 3.0 will transfer quick if 2.0 not so fast.

Don't forget to reformat the flash drive if it is FAT32. NTFS is what I use.

Straight Out of Compton is what I tested with. You should also be able to burn the mkv to an RW and play that too. If drive is 3.0 will transfer quick if 2.0 not so fast.
Gotcha.

I do have some free time today, so I'll do it now.

I'll let you know how it went, and I will use my flash drive.

MY sony BD player will not trgger Cinavia from a flash drive but it will if I am using a burned Bluray.

MY sony BD player will not trgger Cinavia from a flash drive but it will if I am using a burned Bluray.

Just curious. if you burn the USB file to a disc so it is recognized as a data disc, will it trigger Cinavia?

Doubt it, as for the file to be seen the disc has to burned as a data disc. Which is technically the same as a USB drive then, it's not a valid Blu-ray structure to require detection.

Bad news: I just put my Flash Drive lossless MKV of "Straight Outta Compton" in my Samsung Bl-ray player, and the Cinavia cut off message kicked in as expected at around 20 minutes.

Therefore, I can't play lossless MKV's in my Samsung Blu-ray player if the original source has Cinavia in it.

Doubt it, as for the file to be seen the disc has to burned as a data disc. Which is technically the same as a USB drive then, it's not a valid Blu-ray structure to require detection.
Don't use logic on license requirements with the powers that be. I don't know the fine print of the AACS license agreement, but PowerDVD detects Cinavia in .mkv files on an optical disc (AnyDVD icon will turn purple). It doesn't when playing the same file from harddisk. Not sure why....

Bad news: I just put my Flash Drive lossless MKV of "Straight Outta Compton" in my Samsung Bl-ray player, and the Cinavia cut off message kicked in as expected at around 20 minutes.

Therefore, I can't play lossless MKV's in my Samsung Blu-ray player if the original source has Cinavia in it.
That's what I wanted to know. My cheapo LG doesn't. I let that movie play for an hr just to make sure plus I was doing other stuff. Also it doesn't matter if it's lossless or not . I bet if you re-encode to DTS it would do it too. As you know you must do the downconvert to AC3 to make it go away. However the mkv profile does have a downconvert to ac3. It just has AAC, DDac3 , and DTS audio choices besides lossless. Gonna do a test right now . EDIT:
If you select DDac3 with it turned on in AnyDVDHD it will apply fix. Or at least he doing something. He don't look purple to me (my taskbar is blue may be why) but he don't have his mask on now either so he must be doing something.

Last edited:
That's what I wanted to know. My cheapo LG doesn't. I let that movie play for an hr just to make sure plus I was doing other stuff. Also it doesn't matter if it's lossless or not . I bet if you re-encode to DTS it would do it too. As you know you must do the downconvert to AC3 to make it go away. However the mkv profile does have a downconvert to ac3. It just has AAC, DDac3 , and DTS audio choices besides lossless. Gonna do a test right now . EDIT:
If you select DDac3 with it turned on in AnyDVDHD it will apply fix. Or at least he doing something. He don't look purple to me (my taskbar is blue may be why) but he don't have his mask on now either so he must be doing something.
I would do that, but I can deal with playing the movie in PowerDVD with AnyDVD blocking the Cinavia check, whether as an iso of lossless MKV.

I like the movie, but I can just play the original in my Samsung every once in a while.

Back