• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blue-ray writer without riplock

Ironleg1963

I want to get a Blue-ray writer (Internal or external drive) strictly for use with Anydvd HD. I will be using it for ripping and os backup. Can anyone recommend a good burner that should last a few years. Preferably 2015 - 2016 models.

I am considering an external blu-ray writer. Is there anything I should look out for (I will be using it for ripping and burning with Anydvd hd). Should I just look at LG too?

I don't know if LG has full sized ones, but they're always better than the slimdrive types. There's always the full-size + external enclosure option. All I know is I've been using lg for nearly a decade, and in combination with the right verbatim blanks it's a killer combo.

I do know on my LG BD writer it will not write DVD+R into DVD-ROM that is why I returned my drive this was a internal drive. I still have the portable LG BD drive but I know it will not bitset DVD+R to DVD-ROM so I don't use it for backup. For me if a LG that can't write a DVD+R to DVD-ROM - I will not buy it.

Why bring booktype setting into this? Completely irrelevant to op's riplock question. That said, there's pretty much no standalone player that doesn't read dvd+r type.

Always been happy with Pioneer.
Many people are confusing riplock with the drive's ability to run silently. If you run the appropriate program to disable silent mode it speeds the drive up and allows it to vroooom as loudly as it needs to in order to retrieve the data from the disc. Many drives by default have a noise limit which also slows the drive down to keep within the noise parameters.

My Pioneer drives have always lived up to the specified read speeds and I am far from running a top of the line system. Can't say that I've ever been aware of running into riplock.

Attachments

• Speed.png
    Speed.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 35
Always been happy with Pioneer.
Many people are confusing riplock with the drive's ability to run silently. If you run the appropriate program to disable silent mode it speeds the drive up and allows it to vroooom as loudly as it needs to in order to retrieve the data from the disc. Many drives by default have a noise limit which also slows the drive down to keep within the noise parameters.
Whats the apprpriate program for the pioneer 209

Those will have riplock just the same. It's the model hardware that has the riplock, where/how you buy it is irrelevant.

Those will have riplock just the same. It's the model hardware that has the riplock, where/how you buy it is irrelevant.
yes you right.pioneer model bdr-2209 comes with quiet mode software. thanks ch3vron

I have the Pioneer BD-R 2209. And I couldn't be more happier with it then I am now. Rips bluray movies with AnyDVD HD very fast. Usually rips with no BD+ security on the disc at between 20MB/sec to 30MB/sec at peak times. Most bluray movies without BD+ security take about 35 minutes to rip fully to my hard drive. I updated firmware on my Pioneer Drive and it now supports 16x BD-R disc burn speeds. CloneBD burns stable, error free, and movie play back fine at 16x bluray write speeds using Verbatim BD-R 25GB.

I have the Pioneer BD-R 2209. And I couldn't be more happier with it then I am now. Rips bluray movies with AnyDVD HD very fast. Usually rips with no BD+ security on the disc at between 20MB/sec to 30MB/sec at peak times. Most bluray movies without BD+ security take about 35 minutes to rip fully to my hard drive. I updated firmware on my Pioneer Drive and it now supports 16x BD-R disc burn speeds. CloneBD burns stable, error free, and movie play back fine at 16x bluray write speeds using Verbatim BD-R 25GB.
i just ripped deadpool at 8.25 mb 15 hours another bluray was avg 20mb to 30mb like gameowl. something strange here

Clean the disc, when too much fingerprint residue etc, the discs reading con slow down for the dirty areas. I have pulled a disc that slowed down, cleaned, and restarted again. Turned out to be a faster solution.

i just ripped deadpool at 8.25 mb 15 hours another bluray was avg 20mb to 30mb like gameowl. something strange here
I ripped Deadpool this month. RedFox AnyDVD HD detected BD+ security and it connected AnyDVD HD to it's on-line database to rip it. Anytime you rip a bluray with BD+ security detected by AnyDVD HD, it will rip it much slower like 8MB/sec. My best thought is because RedFox connects to it's on-line protection database to rip it. I rip BD+ protected movies in about one hour and a half, total time. Just the way it goes, but atleast we have the technology to remove all bluray disc security.

I ripped Deadpool this month. RedFox AnyDVD HD detected BD+ security and it connected AnyDVD HD to it's on-line database to rip it. Anytime you rip a bluray with BD+ security detected by AnyDVD HD, it will rip it much slower like 8MB/sec. My best thought is because RedFox connects to it's on-line protection database to rip it. I rip BD+ protected movies in about one hour and a half, total time. Just the way it goes, but atleast we have the technology to remove all bluray disc security.
Just the way it goes. I concur.

Clean the disc, when too much fingerprint residue etc, the discs reading con slow down for the dirty areas. I have pulled a disc that slowed down, cleaned, and restarted again. Turned out to be a faster solution.
Nice to know, but I clean discs before ripping them. Thanks for your reply

Back