• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Grantchester season 2

marinco

AnyDVD 8.0.2.0 doesn't properly process disk 1 of this set. CloneDVD2 thinks the best possible "quality" is 79%. Also glitches during read. Same symptoms with beta version 8.0.2.3

Log attached .

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_F_Grantchester S2 D1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.2.0, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-209D 1.30 14/12/05PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Grantchester S2 D1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Set your drive hardware region in windows device manager & try again

I'm also having an issue with both of the discs (US retail). In the case of disc 1 several choices (title 67, 77, 82) are presented in the Clone DVD Video Titles selection screen for the first episode but only Title 67 seems to work. When playing the copied disc, the DVD restarts after Ep 1 finishes. Title 47 is what is playing on the original disc (per the DVD player) when Ep 1 is played. Title 47 is not presented as a choice in Clone DVD. The rest of the disc copies and behaves as expected. In the case of disc 2 only Title 46 is presented as a choice for Ep 4. When playing the copied disc 2, the disc locks up after playing Ep 4 (requires player restart). Title 62 is what is listed on the original disc 2 when Ep 4 is playing. Title 62 is not a choice in Clone DVD. The rest of the disc 2 copy plays and behaves as selected. In the case of both copied discs selecting the popup menu button on the remote before Ep 1 or 4 finish playing takes me back to the main screen.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.3_Info_G_Grantchester S2 D1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_8.0.2.3_Info_G_Grantchester S2 D2.ziplog
    929.5 KB · Views: 3
... Title 62 is what is listed on the original disc 2 when Ep 4 is playing. Title 62 is not a choice in Clone DVD.
Just FYI, this disc uses a random generator to pick the title to play. Play the disc multiple times, you'll see, that it will play different titles for the same episode. AnyDVD removes the randomness, but it probably should do a better job in this case... :oops:

Just FYI, this disc uses a random generator to pick the title to play. Play the disc multiple times, you'll see, that it will play different titles for the same episode. AnyDVD removes the randomness, but it probably should do a better job in this case... :oops:
Thanks, James. Are there other Titles that will return to the main menu at the end of the randomized episode that are not available as Clone DVD choices then? Whoever is producing these PBS videos is throwing more curve balls these days.

Set your drive hardware region in windows device manager & try again

Done, no visible difference. CloneDVD2 still reports 79% quality level. I've seen this occasionally before, it always required an update to AnyDVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_F_Grantchester S2 D1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Does 8.0.2.4 address the issues with these discs? Looking at the available titles in CloneDVD2 after 8.0.2.4 was installed, it doesn't appear to.

An on that note.... I smell 8.0.2.5 somewhere on the horizon. LOL
-W
Looking at the available titles in CloneDVD2 after 8.0.2.5 was installed, it doesn't appear to have resolved the issues with the Granchester S2 discs.

Looking at the available titles in CloneDVD2 after 8.0.2.5 was installed, it doesn't appear to have resolved the issues with the Granchester S2 discs.
No, 8.0.2.5 doesn't.

No, 8.0.2.5 doesn't.
I can't see that 8.0.3.0 does anything for these discs either. Is this hard to resolve or just low priority (I understand you guys have lots of other fish to fry these days and that this isn't a popular set of discs)? I can get by with a note on the disc to go to "menu" before Ep1 & 4 finish if I have to, but would prefer that the discs actually behaved. I'd like to know if this will be resolved, or if I should just grin and bear it with the workaround I mentioned.

Whenever that happens to me, I just give up, use a title extractor to get clean episodes in .MPG, however many there are, and use an encoding program like DVDFlick (occasionally it has sound sync issues) or WinxDVD Author and compromise...good quality episode viewing with a Simple "choose episode/play" menu...
ANYDVDHD opens the protection and other software goes in.
DVDs can be fun to work on! LOL!
Seems better than a gap in the episode flow...I love binge watching series like Star Trek TNG and Voyager, and sometimes I use that method to have a smooth flow of episodes.
Even on short run series (The White Queen, Magic City, Rome) it's nice to watch from start to finish without any bumps.
Eventually, down the road a fix has been found, or I get another copy of the disc that works better. My Dexter series has been completed over a small amount of time with 100% correct backup, as has my Game of Thrones 5 seasons collection. Some were menuless, some had missing episodes ...

(I waited 2 years to save a copy of my original Little Mermaid , I could never get it to copy; and one day it copied fine in AnyDVDHD and I stopped worrying it would get messed up from occasional use. Patience.):)

Whenever that happens to me, I just give up, use a title extractor to get clean episodes in .MPG, however many there are, and use an encoding program like DVDFlick (occasionally it has sound sync issues) or WinxDVD Author and compromise...good quality episode viewing with a Simple "choose episode/play" menu...
ANYDVDHD opens the protection and other software goes in.
DVDs can be fun to work on! LOL!
Seems better than a gap in the episode flow...I love binge watching series like Star Trek TNG and Voyager, and sometimes I use that method to have a smooth flow of episodes.
Even on short run series (The White Queen, Magic City, Rome) it's nice to watch from start to finish without any bumps.
Eventually, down the road a fix has been found, or I get another copy of the disc that works better. My Dexter series has been completed over a small amount of time with 100% correct backup, as has my Game of Thrones 5 seasons collection. Some were menuless, some had missing episodes ...

(I waited 2 years to save a copy of my original Little Mermaid , I could never get it to copy; and one day it copied fine in AnyDVDHD and I stopped worrying it would get messed up from occasional use. Patience.):)
It's great that you have those technical skills and are so patient. I just want to know if the issue is difficult to fix, and whether I might expect a resolution soon? I have a work around if not.

If it was easy to fix, it would have been already. As to the 'soon' part, redfox doesn't do estimate dates.

It's great that you have those technical skills and are so patient. I just want to know if the issue is difficult to fix, and whether I might expect a resolution soon? I have a work around if not.
I have ordered the disc set. Expensive. It hasn't arrived yet.

Sorry, it has taken a few days to confirm that this one is resolved for me. Both discs of Grantchester Season 2 US retail copy using 8.0.4.0, and the copies behave perfectly in my DVD player. Thank you James.

Sorry, it has taken a few days to confirm that this one is resolved for me. Both discs of Grantchester Season 2 US retail copy using 8.0.4.0, and the copies behave perfectly in my DVD player. Thank you James.
You're welcome.

I am using 8.4.9.0 (latest version available to me) with no success. Two or three options appear for each episode, and no matter which version I choose, the creation of DVD files crashes after a minute or so. If I select all the visible versions of all episodes, the "DVD-5" quality is at 3%, and the "DVD+/-R DL" quality is only about 44%. This nonsense happens with both discs. The Region is listed as Region 1, of course. Given the older versions of AnyDVD being discussed above, I am assuming this has been a chronic problem. Any thoughts or workarounds?

Back