• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PSP Issues.

pipterra

I just downloaded a demo version of clone DVD mobile. It converted my first movie to the psp 720X480 format perfectly. Now today I tied to do my second movie, and the error message that I get on the psp is "this video cannot be played" I have done a clean re-install but to no avail. I have also reformatted memory stick as well, and still get the error message. Any Ideas?

Last edited:
Check your directory structure on the PSP, it’s very picky and won’t play any movie that doesn’t match the following exactly:

In the root of your memory card, create a folder named "MP_ROOT", and then inside of that folder create another folder called "100MNV01" (both without the quotation marks). Video files must be named M4VXXXXX.mp4, with the XXXXX part being the video number. For example, your first file could be M4V00001.mp4. You can number the files whatever you want, though every file must follow this convention, M4V followed by five numbers and ending with .mp4.
M4V00001.mp4
M4V00002.mp4
and so on.

Thanks for the help. Does this apply to the 720X480 format? I thought that it should have been loaded into the Video folder. All other formats work fine. Just not the 720X480. Which is why I'm after the software.

Thanks for the help. Does this apply to the 720X480 format? I thought that it should have been loaded into the Video folder. All other formats work fine. Just not the 720X480. Which is why I'm after the software.

No, you don't need that naming convention for this format.
But I noticed myself, that pulling the quality slider in CloneDVD mobile up to the limit is a little risky. In some cases the PSP won't play it.
Which is a real bummer, because the allowed bitrate is much too low for the 720x480 resolution anyway. I don't really see a point in using this resolution with the PSP.

But I noticed myself, that pulling the quality slider in CloneDVD mobile up to the limit is a little risky. In some cases the PSP won't play it.
Which is a real bummer, because the allowed bitrate is much too low for the 720x480 resolution anyway. I don't really see a point in using this resolution with the PSP.

THANKS!
I don't know what the bitrate would be, and is would vary from movie to movie, but a total file size of around 600mb seems to do the trick. Set at 600mb + it's hit or miss. Thanks Again!

THANKS!
I don't know what the bitrate would be, and is would vary from movie to movie, but a total file size of around 600mb seems to do the trick. Set at 600mb + it's hit or miss. Thanks Again!

It's really the bitrate (mobile displays an estimate it right below the quality slider).
I saw files of 5 MB size fail - they were encoded with the maximum bitrate. As soon as I lowered the bitrate just a little, it would work.
Note that multipass seems to reduce the probability of an unplayable video too - this seems to point directly to bitrate peaks, where the PSP cries out "EEK!"...

The PSP Slim Coming in Sept will have a TV out that will out put the 720x480 so that you get compaple DVD Quality playback on your tv.

Back