• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Maximum bluray burn speeds now with firmware update

gameowl

So I have the Pioneer BD-RW 2209M Bluray burner, It's maximum burn speed the burner supports is 16x. I use Verbatrim BD-R 6x 25GB blank blurays to record on with CloneBD of ripped backed up movies from Redd Fox AnyDVD HD. Before I could only burn as high as 12x write speed with CloneBD and Nero Burning ROM 2016 for bluray Verbatrim blank discs. I flashed yesterday my bluray drives firmware to the newest version and in the change log they said they support 16x write speed on 25GB blank bluray discs. I'm happy to report CloneBD and Nero Burning ROM 2016, both softwares newest updated versions burn at 16x write speed to Veratrim BD-R 25GB bluray discs. I've had no problems with these discs with playing a bluray movie.

So everybody check your bluray burners firmware and see if it's up to date. 4x faster then my old 12x write speeds. Love it!

Wrong section, moved. Not a CloneBD issue. Once burning starts, CloneBD has no control over the (speed) process.

I never burn faster than the rated speed of the discs, it makes the burn prone to more failures along with the discs tending to decay quicker

I'd be curious to know what was the previous firmware you were using. I ask because the changelog for 1.34 only shows DVD improvements.

Pionner BDR-2209/BDR-209M/BDR-209EBK/BDR-209UBK [ID60] firmware changelogs (http://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00002r_e.html#BDR-209EBK):

DVD writing operation is improved on the specific application.
DVD Playability Improvement

The Blu-ray improvements came in 1.20, 1.30, and 1.33:

Support New BD-R SL Media (16x Writing : MKM 6x)
Improvement of the recording quality with BD-R SL (4x Writing : Millenniata)
Improvement of the recording quality with BD-R/RE

Support New BD-R SL media (4x Writing : Millenniata)
Improvement of the recording quality with DVD-R/RW
BD Playability Improvement
DVD Playability Improvement

Support New BD-RE TL media (2x Writing : SONY)
Support New BD-R TL media 4x Writing : Panasonic)
Improvement of the recording quality with DVD-RW

Thanks for the notification about the firmware update, however. I wasn't aware that 1.34 was out.

I'd be curious to know what was the previous firmware you were using. I ask because the changelog for 1.34 only shows DVD improvements.

Pionner BDR-2209/BDR-209M/BDR-209EBK/BDR-209UBK [ID60] firmware changelogs (http://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00002r_e.html#BDR-209EBK):

The Blu-ray improvements came in 1.20, 1.30, and 1.33:

I don't know what version I had in the past. But 16x bluray write speeds, as fast as my burner supports for fastest speed. It's pretty nice. I'm all about speed and quality of my backups.

Thanks for the notification about the firmware update, however. I wasn't aware that 1.34 was out.

Back