• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Zootopia DVD - AnyDVD not fixing intentional read errors/glitches

Bill Shelly

EDIT: Resolved - Turns out VLC is not playing the disc and ripped ISO back properly. I installed PowerDVD and it all plays back perfectly.

Original Post:
I purchased Zootopia Ultimate Collectors Edition (3D), but need to make a backup of the DVD so I can keep a copy in my car for our upcoming road-trip. I hate using the originals. Anyway, the DVD seems to have intentional errors on it so as to screw up copying of the disc. The disc plays back fine in any DVD player. This is extremely frustrating and in the past, my lifetime license to AnyDVD was up to the task of taking care of this. I uninstalled the old, registered copy and installed the latest Redfox version and it is NOT helping to get past this issue and to allow me to make a legitimate copy of the movie.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to help get this disc added to the AnyDVD database and corrected? Or is there a setting I can try? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Here are my findings...

Title of DVD Disc: ZOOTOPIA - Origin: USA

AnyDVD set to Default... Check!

DVD Playback and CloneDVD copy - Video freezes during playback, some audio pauses, even after receiving a replacement 3D/BD/DVD set from Amazon.

The movie will duplicate to disc and ISO using CloneDVD, however the freezing and audio glitches are present in the copy, identical to those while watching via VLC.

Attached is the log...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_D_ZOOTOPIA.ziplog
    167 KB · Views: 4
If you have PDVD installed try that to see if repeatable there. It could very well be VLC mishandling it.

Yes. Play the DVD in PowerDVD with AnyDVD running. Does it work? Or Not?
-W

Thanks for the info. Here are my findings...

Title of DVD Disc: ZOOTOPIA - Origin: USA

The movie will duplicate to disc and ISO using CloneDVD, however the freezing and audio glitches are present in the copy, identical to those while watching via VLC.

Attached is the log...

Set your drive hardware region, then try again

No it's not, check the anydvd status window. Region: 0, not set.

EXIT anydvd completely so the tray icon is NOT running, then go into Windows device manager. Surprise!

No it's not, check the anydvd status window. Region: 0, not set.

EXIT anydvd completely so the tray icon is NOT running, then go into Windows device manager. Surprise!
Well I'll be... Thank you. I was looking at the wrong location. Thank you for your assistance. I will see what happens now.

Well, it turns out that VLC is the reason for my playback issues. I will keep PowerDVD installed and use it to test playback from now on. Thank you to everyone for your assistance.

No surprise there, it's not exactly a standard dvd player. The main thing is the problem is fixed.

Back