• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD to DVD question

tobar72

I have some blurays that my niece wants to watch on a DVD player. Does anyone know of a program that will take CloneBD's mkv with chapters output and convert it easily to simple DVD while retaining chapter marks? I know there is picture quality loss and conversion to mpeg2, but who cares for kids and cartoons?

Any help would be appreciated. If there is no program, just a suggestion that CloneBD have an option (or a plugin) to output a bluray title to DVD iso in DVD format while retaining chapters. I would pay more for that.

I just downloaded BD Rebuilder and maybe I'm missing something. I thought BD5 only played on bluray players. I want the resulting DVD to be playable as a DVD movie with chapters on an old time DVD player.

I just downloaded BD Rebuilder and maybe I'm missing something. I thought BD5 only played on bluray players. I want the resulting DVD to be playable as a DVD movie with chapters on an old time DVD player.

BD-5 is a Blu-ray structure. It won't ever play on a DVD player regardless of burning it to a DVD. A DVD player has no idea what to do with it. It requires a Blu-ray player.

That said, BD Rebuilder can convert a Blu-ray to a DVD movie-only backup:

Mode > Move-Only Backup > - Alternate Movie-Only Backup > Alternate Backup > DVD-5, 720x480/576, AC3 Audio or DVD-9, 720x480/576, AC3 Audio

Thread moved to the third-party software section.

Alernatively but not free you may try VSO ConvertXtoDVD.

BD-5 and BD-9 is BD structure on either a DVD-5 or DVD-9 disc, and it can't be played on a DVD player

First of all, thank you DrinkLyeAndDie VERY much for one helping out with pointing out BD Rebuilder and Alternate Backup step and helping in general. Secondly, thank you for you kindness in response. All to often I read responses from other people that simply make me afraid to post anything (question or answer).

With that said, I hope someday CloneBD integrates the ability to convert Bluray title to DVD-Video disc to use in old DVD players (like in automobiles and portable DVD players). I'm not in a hurry, just hopeful somday with CloneBD's nice GUI.

Never be afraid to ask any questions. If you don't ask them, we can't help you with answers :)

First of all, thank you DrinkLyeAndDie VERY much for one helping out with pointing out BD Rebuilder and Alternate Backup step and helping in general. Secondly, thank you for you kindness in response. All to often I read responses from other people that simply make me afraid to post anything (question or answer).

Glad to help. BD Rebuilder does have a learning curve but it's a very handy program and does an amazing job given it's freeware. IMO, the quality of BD to DVD conversion is better than a number of shareware products that I've tested.

With that said, I hope someday CloneBD integrates the ability to convert Bluray title to DVD-Video disc to use in old DVD players (like in automobiles and portable DVD players). I'm not in a hurry, just hopeful somday with CloneBD's nice GUI.

I agree that this would be nice to see but I honestly don't know of Elaborate Bytes' development plans.

Back