• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How's that 64 bit version coming?

jdm3

Hi there!
Slysoft's version of GJ is now about 2 months on the market. How's that 64 bit version coming?

-Jim

Hi there!
Slysoft's version of GJ is now about 2 months on the market. How's that 64 bit version coming?

-Jim

At this stage, giving a time frame is just not possible. However, I can tell you that it is on the short list of thing to do. :agree:

At this stage, giving a time frame is just not possible. However, I can tell you that it is on the short list of thing to do. :agree:

Hopefully, that short list has one item on it: 64-bit version :agree:

I'm going to be building my girlfriend's system around Vista Ultimate 64 bit (but I'll dual boot xp pro when needed) probably sometime next week, so I'm also looking forward to a a version that works with 64 bit editions of Vista.

I personally hate vista. Seems to mean
(V)irus
(I)nfestation
(S)pyware
(T)rojans
And
(A)dware

I would really like to see GJ working with XP64.

Anyone want to place bets that SP1 for vista changes enough to trash your GJ work AGAIN? You know Redmond loves to do that!

ive got the complete leaked vista sp1 preview. (some 200 patches)

so far all the games ive tried have worked flawlessly. vista (ive got ultimate) is a lot faster with startup/shutdown and copying files.

I personally hate vista. Seems to mean
(V)irus
(I)nfestation
(S)pyware
(T)rojans
And
(A)dware

I would really like to see GJ working with XP64.

Anyone want to place bets that SP1 for vista changes enough to trash your GJ work AGAIN? You know Redmond loves to do that!

Yeah, I know Vista is junk, but the future of gaming is with Directx 10.1, and while 3rd parties may develop a directx10 alternative for xp, the real support is going to lie with Microsoft.

Also the Games for Windows standard means that in order for that label to be slapped on games, the games must run under Vista 64 as well. As it will not make much sense to be running a 32 bit OS then (ex. I bought a 64 bit CPU for what reason again?), it stands to reason that at some point it's going to be imperative that Game Jackal supports Vista 64 bit.

Last edited:
After reading this thread and using vista 64 myself i realised theres no need to download this product even for a trial at this time :(

At least the stuff that really matters from SlySoft is V64b friendly :)

After reading this thread and using vista 64 myself i realised theres no need to download this product even for a trial at this time :(

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying Bioshock when it comes out to play on Vista 64 Ultimate edition. Sure wish Game Jackal would be updated to support it, but I suspect the Slysoft devs are very busy.

hmm is there a 64 bit port of bioshock? didnt see one mentioned anywhere

hmm is there a 64 bit port of bioshock? didnt see one mentioned anywhere

no but it runs fine on 64bit oses
in fact most applications and games run on 64bit oses, through emulation, its the 32bit drivers that are the issue, which i believe is what slysoft is working on right now in order to get gj to run on 64bit

I can't wait to find out what "stuff." :D
for gj they are working on: 64bit (duh...), securom 7.xx, tages, and starforce (maybe some vista compatibility too). just a guess though.

Last edited:
its not really emulation, 32 bit exe running on a 64 bit processor in a 64 bit os... no real problem there.. and yes its the drivers, the game jackal driver isnt 64 bit yet, so it cant be used on a 64 bit operating system, the game jackal exe is fine, it doesn't have to be 64 bit (same scenario as daemon tools in that respect).. and working on tages and starforce will take quite some research...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying Bioshock when it comes out to play on Vista 64 Ultimate edition. Sure wish Game Jackal would be updated to support it, but I suspect the Slysoft devs are very busy.

Bioshock has online activation (a reason not to buy it), does has a disc protection, too?

Back