• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Title: Blind (2014)

Region code: It says region “Region Free” on the back of Blu-ray case.

Distributor: Axiom Films

Blu-ray movie release date: 22 June 2015

Issue(s) in detail:

1) The Blu-ray disc appears to load normally with PowerDVD 15 Ultra i.e., the BD loads all the way to the main menu screen.

2) From the main menu, everything appears to play and work normally when selected, everything except for the two items I've detailed in "3)" and "4)" below.

3) In "SPECIAL FEATURES" one of the four items won't play; when I attempt to play the "INTERVIEW WITH WRITER|DIRECTOR ESKIL VOGT", in "SPECIAL FEATURES", the disc loads a one-minute-long Black screen with the following notification: “Copy detected (or a rip tool is running if you are trying to watch this movie on your PC).”, after which the Blu-ray disc promptly returns to main menu screen, with the special feature remaining inaccessible.

4) When I attempt to play the main feature, using the “PLAY FILM” option on the main menu, the Blu-ray disc loads a nine-second-long distributor logo screen, followed by a one-minute-long Black screen with the following notification: “Copy detected (or a rip tool is running if you are trying to watch this movie on your PC).”, after which the Blu-ray disc promptly returns to main menu screen, with the main feature remaining inaccessible.

5) After creation of logfile, the AnyDVD HD "Status" window reported the following:

"Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.2.0, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)
MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ272 S 1.00 130628
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 21021216 sectors (41057 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BLIND
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 54
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!"

6) The AnyDVD HD logfile for the Blu-ray disc is attached to post.

Cheers!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_E_BLIND.ziplog
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
4)

Welcome to the world of screenpass protection. The opd will need an update. Likely the same with your other topic. Oh and you need to set your drive hardware region.

Hi Ch3vr0n,

"The opd will need an update. Likely the same with your other topic."

Yep,the OPD has already been updated for the other disc, which now appears to be working just fine. :)

"Oh and you need to set your drive hardware region"

Doesn't having AnyDVD HD running continuously in the background mean you don't need to bother with all that though?

No, because with an unset drive region you're bound to encounter css protected dvd issues sooner or later. It's not a matter of IF but WHEN. When you go to set your drive region, make sure you EXIT anydvd completely! The tray icon may NOT be running.

"Thank you, this one's fixed too now."

That would be almost fixed, good sir! :D

1) OK, so the good news is that the 45m11s long "INTERVIEW WITH WRITER|DIRECTOR ESKIL VOGT" in "SPECIAL FEATURES" now appears to be working/playing correctly.

2) When I attempt to play the main movie feature by selecting the “PLAY FILM” option on the main menu, however, instead of loading/playing the main feature like it should, PowerDVD 15 Ultra actually loads the very same 45m11s long "INTERVIEW WITH WRITER|DIRECTOR ESKIL VOGT" as per "1)" above, with the main movie feature remaining inaccessible.

3) When I attempt to access the main movie feature by using the "SCENE SELECTION" option on the main menu, instead of jumping to the the relevant chapter point within the 1h35m58s main movie feature like it should, PowerDVD 15 Ultra actually jumps to the corresponding chapter point within the 45m11s long "INTERVIEW WITH WRITER|DIRECTOR ESKIL VOGT", with the main movie feature remaining inaccessible.

4) The AnyDVD HD "Status" window has been reporting the following since the OPD update:

"Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.2.0, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)
MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ272 S 1.00 130628
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 21021216 sectors (41057 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BLIND
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 54
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Removed UOPs!
Removed Sony structural copy protection!
Java BD protection good playlists: 411, 416, 585, 935"

5) I've attached an updated logfile for luck.

Cheers!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_E_BLIND.ziplog
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
This OP's issue sounds a lot like the issue I had with Penda's Fen https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/pendas-fen-uk-bfi-blu-ray-with-screen-pass.69716/ and although my issue seems to be fixed now for PowerDVD 16 playback of my mounted ISO, my Dune Solo 4K (which provides full menu playback of Blu-ray ISO) is still only playing the extra feature when I use the disc menu to select the movie.

Perhaps there's a common warped method in this new Screen Pass madness that some UK releases are using?

Cheers,

--michael

No, because with an unset drive region you're bound to encounter css protected dvd issues sooner or later. It's not a matter of IF but WHEN. When you go to set your drive region, make sure you EXIT anydvd completely! The tray icon may NOT be running.

The last time I encountered a dvd was in 2005. ;)

That would be almost fixed, good sir! :D

Sorry, try again now, two playlists got swapped.

This OP's issue sounds a lot like the issue I had with Penda's Fen https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/pendas-fen-uk-bfi-blu-ray-with-screen-pass.69716/ and although my issue seems to be fixed now for PowerDVD 16 playback of my mounted ISO, my Dune Solo 4K (which provides full menu playback of Blu-ray ISO) is still only playing the extra feature when I use the disc menu to select the movie.

No, it's a different scheme, not much in common there.
I'd attribute your case to the Dune player - problems with Dune are not unheard of, mildly put.

Sorry, try again now, two playlists got swapped.

Aaaaaaand...Result! (y)

I'm now able to play the main feature and all the special features on the Blu-ray disc using PowerDVD 15, and I assume also with PowerDVD 16 (when I upgrade), so thanks ever so muchly, Peer. :D

Back