• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

old lifetime member

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did. They said they would offer something and have. If it's not as much as you thought, well they never mentioned any specifics. And we have all spent several hundred dollars under the Slysoft name. Don't know why you all think you're the only ones.
Did you buy 3 licenses of everything (well except just one of clonebd..)? They had a discount for everyone, NOT a discount for just LTL...

Read the first 2.5 lines in that post. Your answer to you questioning their legal right to the code is in that. This discussion is over.
Source??

Source: Ivan (admin) and Redfox 1.

Again, use the edit link below a post. Please stop with the multi-reply

Did you buy 3 licenses of everything (well except just one of clonebd..)? They had a discount for everyone, NOT a discount for just LTL...
My license count so far from Slysoft:
AnyDVD
AnyDVD HD (yes two licenses)
CloneCD
CloneDVDmobile
CloneDVDmobile (yes two licenses)

Elby:
CloneDVD
CloneBD

Redfox:
AnyDVD HD
CloneCD
CloneDVDmobile

Satisfied? Oh, and by the way, I am not a young person and am living on a fixed income. I just believe they have the best software.

Stolen source...since it belonged to Slysoft, NOT THE DEVS... Honestly my biggest issue is that they took back the discount for LTL...as someone who had 3x LTL licenses, I have a small problem with that... I would have bought some new copies if there was some benefit of having LTL, as we were told there would be... I would also be fine if they never said that, BUT THEY DID SAY LTL OWNERS WOULD HAVE A DISCOUNT... I just want them to be honest with us...

It seems to me you're just spreading angry BS. Chill out a little and do some reading.

All previous license holder ARE getting a 20% discount - no one took it "back".
Recent customers 50% (need to be handled manually).
Stolen source - it's been explained many time that they were given the rights to AnyDVD in lieu of months of back pay - the owner wanted no part of it after the beating he took.

-W

Source: Ivan (admin) and Redfox 1.

Again, use the edit link below a post. Please stop with the multi-reply
I replied before I got the alert for a new reply... Still looking for a actual link to a source, since you don't work for RedFox, as mentioned in your signature..

It seems to me you're just spreading angry BS. Chill out a little and do some reading.

All previous license holder ARE getting a 20% discount - no one took it "back".
Recent customers 50% (need to be handled manually).
Stolen source - it's been explained many time that they were given the rights to AnyDVD in lieu of months of back pay - the owner wanted no part of it after the beating he took.

-W
Everyone gets the 20%...
As a someone who has been a developer for over 10 years (and known a lot of other developers), I kind of know how writing code for a company works...

I replied before I got the alert for a new reply... Still looking for a actual link to a source, since you don't work for RedFox, as mentioned in your signature..

Everyone gets the 20%...
As a someone who has been a developer for over 10 years (and known a lot of other developers), I kind of know how writing code for a company works...

How does that take anything away for YOUR 20%? OH! It doesn't. Silly me.
Since the discounts have to be handled MANUALLY - and the 50% types are already flooding support - the decision to open it up to "all" was the only option.
Note that most all the current sales are "re-ups" anyway. Who really give a rats a$$ if a small minority luck in? Welcome to the flock! Mbaaaaaaaa!

Code? It's not "stolen" - The old owner wants to get as far away from this "outlaw business" as he can. Deeding it to the new team was a no-brainer.
And were it "stolen" (it's not!) - who cares? There's not a court on this planet that would enforce squat to do with this product.
Kinda like me filing suit in Bolivia that you stiffed me for 200 pounds of raw blow. Good luck with that one too.
-W

Last edited:
How does that take anything away for YOUR 20%? OH! It doesn't. Silly me.
Since the discounts have to be handled MANUALLY - and the 50% types are already flooding support - the decision to open it up to "all" was the only option.
Note that most all the current sales are "re-ups" anyway. Who really give a rats a$$ if a small minority luck in? Welcome to the flock! Mbaaaaaaaa!

Code? It's not "stolen" - The old owner wants to get as far away from this "outlaw business" as he can. Deeding it to the new team was a no-brainer.
And were it "stolen" (it's not!) - who cares? There's not a court on this planet that would enforce squat to do with this product.
Kinda like me filing suit in Bolivia that you stiffed me for a 200 pounds of raw blow. Good luck with that one too.
-W
Yeah, when it had been told that LTL would have a discount just for LTL, it kind of does take away from that... How are their support problems my issue?

Again, still looking for a source on that... Being how they work with credit card companies, they probably have to be at least somewhat legal, in their business processes.

I just look for companies (or whatever RedFox claims to be), to be honest with their customers (or potential customers)... I don't think that is too much to ask... Make a decision and stick to it. Don't change it later and blame lack of support.

Yeah, when it had been told that LTL would have a discount just for LTL, it kind of does take away from that... How are their support problems my issue?

Find me anywhere ( ie a "source" LOL) that it was stated "just for LTL" - and good luck with that. :p
No one took your 20% (or 50%) away. Begrudging the few that "luck in" speaks volumes about your overall character.
And no, there's very little that's "legal" about this software in most countries. As is evidenced by using "shell companies" to process the payments.
-W

Find me anywhere ( ie a "source" LOL) that it was stated "just for LTL" - and good luck with that. :p
No one took your 20% (or 50%) away. Begrudging the few that "luck in" speaks volumes about your overall character.
And no, there's very little that's "legal" about this software in most countries. As is evidenced by using "shell companies" to process the payments.
-W
I doubt I could find that, as those threads were deleted...
It isn't a bitcoin only business though, so it needs to be at least kind of legal...

No they weren't, as there has never been a statement that the discounts would be limited to LTL holders. Can't delete something that doesn't exist.

I doubt I could find that, as those threads were deleted...
It isn't a bitcoin only business though, so it needs to be at least kind of legal...

Actually they are not all gone. There is an an extant post right now from the time where the 20% was presumed to only for previous license holders. I just read it and it took me 30 seconds to find it. But it does not say "only".
And what part of the fact that credit cards are (only) being processed though shell companies don't you comprehend??
And you were warned about two weeks ago not to make the baseless accusation that any code was "stolen" again. Memory or comprehension issues?
-W

Last edited:
Korn1699, I understand you are frustrated, as we all were when things needed to change due to the heavy pressure put on Slysoft forcing them to close. I'm just grateful that the devs stepped in to continue with the project rather than simply abandoning AnyDVD to history. RedFox has done the community a service. I ask that you look closely at who you are aiming your frustrations at, however; blasting non-longtime users for getting the same discount as you, or the developers for "stealing" seems to me like your anger is misplaced. I'd suggest that you support the project and stick it to those who forced the shutdown in the first place; AACS-LA. My two cents.

No they weren't, as there has never been a statement that the discounts would be limited to LTL holders. Can't delete something that doesn't exist.
Hang In there guys this foolishness will be pretty much over in about 8 months we all hope and then back to semi normal(y)

It was in the first page or two of the thread I keep talking about (that you deleted)... It has been a few weeks since you deleted them, so maybe you forgot...
Actually they are not all gone. There is an an extant post right now from the time where the 20% was presumed to only for previous license holders. I just read it and it took me 30 seconds to find it.
And what part of the fact that credit cards are (only) being processed though shell companies don't you comprehend??
And you were warned about two weeks ago not to make the baseless accusation that any code was "stolen" again. Memory or comprehension issues?
-W
Korn1699, I understand you are frustrated, as we all were when things needed to change due to the heavy pressure put on Slysoft forcing them to close. I'm just grateful that the devs stepped in to continue with the project rather than simply abandoning AnyDVD to history. RedFox has done the community a service. I ask that you look closely at who you are aiming your frustrations at, however; blasting non-longtime users for getting the same discount as you, or the developers for "stealing" seems to me like your anger is misplaced. I'd suggest that you support the project and stick it to those who forced the shutdown in the first place; AACS-LA. My two cents.
When you write software for a company EVERYTHING you make for them, is owned by them (if it isn't open source). Many companies also claim to own any other project you work on in your free time, during your employment with them. That is how it works... Just having the source to something, gives you no right to use it as you see fit. You can't just say it is yours if your previous employer owed you anything. That is why I said "stolen"...because it is... If Slysoft did allow them to use it for RedFox, that is fine, but AGAIN, where is that source? So far it sounds like they just made up a story for people who post about the re-use of the AnyDVD code.

when it had been told that LTL would have a discount just for LTL
Are you perhaps thinking it was when Ivan said...
To honor all other AnyDVD license owners we will have a general 20% discount for 2 month.
(https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/thi...nced-with-ltl-option.69085/page-3#post-435501)

The wording was then changed slightly:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redfox-licensing-pricing.69083/

I don't recall seeing anything specific to Lifetime License holders only.

Are you perhaps thinking it was when Ivan said...

(https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/thi...nced-with-ltl-option.69085/page-3#post-435501)

The wording was then changed slightly:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redfox-licensing-pricing.69083/

I don't recall seeing anything specific to Lifetime License holders only.
No, I am very aware of the 20% for everyone discount. This was in the beginning of a thread that was deleted. I think it was someone else at RedFox. They didn't specify what the discount was, but they discussed that they had the Slysoft user database and know who had LTL. That could have been a lot of work to give a discount for, but that was where it was discussed. I can't link to it though, which is why threads should only be locked, not deleted.

That is why I said "stolen"...because it is... If Slysoft did allow them to use it for RedFox, that is fine, but AGAIN, where is that source? So far it sounds like they just made up a story for people who post about the re-use of the AnyDVD code.

This will be my last comment on this twaddle.
It's been stated many times here by Redfox1 and Ivan that the Dev team was given the rights to the code AND the brand name AnyDVD in lieu of back pay by the owner (G.B.)
This is entirely likely given that G.B. wants nothing further to do with "hacking movies" or the AACS LA.
Now if you dispute that, (as you have with blatant accusations of stolen code!!) then the burden of proof is on you to support your accusations.
Your use of circular arguments and reasoning is getting very transparent.
-W

When you write software for a company EVERYTHING you make for them, is owned by them (if it isn't open source). Many companies also claim to own any other project you work on in your free time, during your employment with them. That is how it works... Just having the source to something, gives you no right to use it as you see fit. You can't just say it is yours if your previous employer owed you anything. That is why I said "stolen"...because it is... If Slysoft did allow them to use it for RedFox, that is fine, but AGAIN, where is that source? So far it sounds like they just made up a story for people who post about the re-use of the AnyDVD code.

Your first line is correct however I believe you are unfairly characterizing the transaction between the devs and the former owner of Slysoft. The devs have stated that they were signed over the rights to AnyDVD in lieu of back-pay. Like in most non-publicly-held businesses, the details of the transactions may never be made public, and I don't expect them to be (again, this is not uncommon). But I have no reason to doubt this transaction occurred exactly as the RedFox team has stated, and if you believe otherwise, I'm sorry. I kindly suggest if you have no faith or trust in RedFox that you do not continue to frustrate yourself and antagonize the boards with misinformation. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back