• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime licence for AnyDVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

codes074

After purchasing AnyDVD and CloneDVD I was given a lifetime licence for both programs and It appears, AnyDVD is now saying that my lifetime licence is no longer valid.

AnyDVD is now saying that my lifetime licence is no longer valid.
If you purchased from SlySoft, you can only use it with a version no higher than 7.6.9.5. So you'll need to re-install that version (link in signature).
If you want to use RedFox AnyDVD HD 8.x.x.x, you'll need to purchase a new license. If you purchased on or after 1st December 2015, you'll be eligible for a special deal.

If you purchased from SlySoft, you can only use it with a version no higher than 7.6.9.5. So you'll need to re-install that version (link in signature).
If you want to use RedFox AnyDVD HD 8.x.x.x, you'll need to purchase a new license. If you purchased on or after 1st December 2015, you'll be eligible for a special deal.
Ok thanks you Im trying that now

So your saying I should uninstall the later version and reinstall the earlier version
You can use 8.x.x.x as it has a trial period of 21 days (trial license downloaded via AnyDVD HD). To continue using 8.x.x.x, a RedFox license will be needed when the trial period has ended.

If you re-install 7.6.9.5, your SlySoft license will be good for life (you wont receive any more updates for new discs though).

Last edited:
codes074: Your cloneDVD program does not require a new license as that is an elby product (not RedFox).

I wonder how many copies of mobile have been sold by RedFox now because people Don't seem to read and just see the "clone + DVD" there but NOT the mobile at the end . Not that RedFox would mind the extra monies though . And yes I know that's private information that I'm not privy to and was just speaking in jest.

I've reinstalled 7.6.9.5. thanks for the info guys much appreciated (y);)

Do keep in mind, that unless you upgrade starting tomorrow (see download page) anydvd 7695 may have problems connecting to the opd and anydvd may have problems decrypting new movie releases.

After purchasing AnyDVD and CloneDVD I was given a lifetime licence for both programs and It appears, AnyDVD is now saying that my lifetime licence is no longer valid.

I have been using Any DVD for a number of years now. I purchased the complete package for lifetime use, and have been quite satisfied up until now. I was disappointed to hear that SlySoft was shut down, but relieved to still find Any DVD here on RedFox. I'm sure you put a lot of thought into how to support previous customers of SlySoft, and any decisions that you made were not going to go down well with all. Well, I'm part of that "all". I see that you have given support to former SlySoft customers up to a certain version. After this version, our SlySoft lifetime license numbers are no longer valid.

I honestly see this as an attempt to increase your revenue, by simply changing the name of the firm. Thus giving you an excuse to invalidate lifetime customer license codes of SlySoft products. Why else wouldn't you want to honor the lifetime customers from SlySoft? If this isn't the case, then there should at least be a heavily discounted purchase price for those customers, while still letting them keep their "lifetime" of use option. I hope that you would reconsider, and continue to provide full support to all of SlySoft's lifetime purchase customers.

You honestly see wrong. Redfox didn't have to release 5 interim versions. They did so willingly and without ANY funding. They also set up new hardware, a new opd, all without any funding at all. They didn't have to do that. If redfox hadn't taken over, you would have nothing now. All you'd have is a non working anydvd. You can use your slysoft license up to 7695 which supports 150k discs. If anydvd and redfox are to survive, they need funding for development and bills. You can't eat software.

There are multiple discount options. You don't have to get a license, you've got a choice to make. Nobody will force you to get a license.

I have been using Any DVD for a number of years now. I purchased the complete package for lifetime use, and have been quite satisfied up until now. I was disappointed to hear that SlySoft was shut down, but relieved to still find Any DVD here on RedFox. I'm sure you put a lot of thought into how to support previous customers of SlySoft, and any decisions that you made were not going to go down well with all. Well, I'm part of that "all". I see that you have given support to former SlySoft customers up to a certain version. After this version, our SlySoft lifetime license numbers are no longer valid.

I honestly see this as an attempt to increase your revenue, by simply changing the name of the firm. Thus giving you an excuse to invalidate lifetime customer license codes of SlySoft products. Why else wouldn't you want to honor the lifetime customers from SlySoft? If this isn't the case, then there should at least be a heavily discounted purchase price for those customers, while still letting them keep their "lifetime" of use option. I hope that you would reconsider, and continue to provide full support to all of SlySoft's lifetime purchase customers.

Hello W Lewis

I sure understand that it is surprise to find this info out. I am a customer just like you, except that I was on the forum all through the first notice and the subsequent transition. I honestly do not believe that this was anything other than what Redfox says it is. I think if you had been here all along, reading the forum as it took place, you would better understand. I just wanted you to hear from someone who did watch it all take place who believes differently. I hope you will read back through the threads and stickies because I think you'll find that Redfox actually did us a big favor and deserves some thanks instead of grief.

Hi Lewis: How are we feeling today? I am very sorry to tell you there will be no reconsideration. But if you read all the threads and really get into the reason that RedFox had to do this you might understand. While Slysofts death is tragic, it could not be avoided, The Island was inundated with protests from the AACS-LA and Slysoft paid all the fines, paid all the lawyers for years, and you didn't have to pay a dime. It came to the point where The owner of Slysoft had to shut down. Now RedFox came along, they were the developers who didn't get paid, they were the ones who could have gone into the private sector and left you with nothing. But they didn't, they made Version 7.6.9.5 that you can use for the rest of your life, good for decrypting 150,000 discs. Your Lifetime with Slysoft ended with that version. Now the developers have to eat, they have bills to pay, who's going to pay them? Slysoft was dead. So a Project was born out of the ashes. It was named RedFox, the only program that really needed alot of constant work was AnyDVDHD. So when it died with Slysoft the developers said, lets start the RedFox project. 90% of our customers base begged them to keep working, so it was born. ' The RedFox Project" Customers who used Slysoft AnyDVDHD would have to buy a license for V8 , they could keep 7.6.9.5 if they chose, which still works to this day. But to continue with the project they had to work and people who work want to get paid, don't you get you paid Lewis? So I am going to end this saga with telling you that we appreciate your situation, but there is absolutely no turning back now. Please buy a license and become part of the project. I can understand if you want to stick with V7.6.9.5 for lifetime. But we would appreciate you being part of the future. You can always PM me with more questions. We understand your frustration, but its a waste of your valuable time. Come with us into the future.

Last edited:
I just have two words to say about new purchase offer...
"shove it!"

I just have two words to say about new purchase offer...
That is ultimately your choice, but realize you won't get any updates for newer DVDs and Bluray discs.

The situation stinks, but it is not the fault of SlySoft or the RedFox team. Blame the US Government and AACS-LA for what happened.

The pricing sounds reasonable to me and I will update to forever when 7.6.9.5 is no longer effective for the backups that I want.

I, for one, am delighted to see REDFOX continue in SlySoft's magnificent and noble footsteps. Thank you, I'm sure you will develop a technical and lucrative support business.

That's pretty much now. The first "issue" has been reported with a bluray, access to the OPD was denied for version 7695.

That's pretty much now. The first "issue" has been reported with a bluray, access to the OPD was denied for version 7695.
I see now the (&& is going to hit the fan for OPD.

For now. If they have been using AnyDVD, then odds are all these will be back in the future to get a license...just maybe not discounted.
That's what they will find out pretty fast a reality check.

Well they have been warned for months now, after all there is that 'important information' notice on the download page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back