• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

This looks like an Anydvd problem

twopipes

I am seeing this problem in a number of forums on the net. I am having
the exact same problem; can't recognize dvd-r, dvd+r DL, but can play
regular dvds. Those updates have been coming fast and furious and it
feels like they caused a problem. I went out and bought an LG GSA E60L
external burner and it won't recognize blank dvds either.

Bottom line is that it is not our drives and it isn't Nero either. I've had other situations like this before and then in a few updates the problem went away.

This one is real frustrating and I am growing increasingly impatient with the authors of AnyDvd. As I said, this isn't the first time.

DOes anyone know of competitors program that works better than AnyDvd?
Maybe this is the best we can hope for.

Bottom line is that it is not our drives and it isn't Nero either. I've had other situations like this before and then in a few updates the problem went away.

This one is real frustrating and I am growing increasingly impatient with the authors of AnyDvd. As I said, this isn't the first time.

AnyDVD is the best. Test the drive with AnyDVD off. If it doesn't work, it's obviously not AnyDVD's fault.

and it won't recognize blank dvds either.

What does that mean, exactly?

Anydvd isn't supposed to recognize blank dvds.

Visit If Anydvd says your drive is disabled, ignore the message unless you also receive it
when you have a movie inserted in that drive.
Some drives' firmware may report the wrong
information to Anydvd. Often Anydvd will still function properly.
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2891&postcount=12 (Zebadee's Anydvd works fine)

Disabling AnyDVD during the burn process might help a little, but I don't think it'll completely solve the problem.

Disabling AnyDVD during the burn process might help a little, but I don't think it'll completely solve the problem.

That shouldn't help at all. Anydvd doesn't affect burn issues--only the verification process with some applications.

That shouldn't help at all. Anydvd doesn't affect burn issues--only the verification process with some applications.

I think it is possible there are additional programs now that are conflicting with AnyDVD. I know that on my computer, the iTunes CD burner driver was conflicting. I haven't really had that problem before, it is possible it is a new conflict.

Yes, AnyDVD doesn't affect burn issues, but it is possible it causes the DVD drive to read the blank disc differently than the computer would do on its own. Especially if there are programs that are trying to share the drive.

I think it is possible there are additional programs now that are conflicting with AnyDVD.

That could be, yes.

Yes, AnyDVD doesn't affect burn issues, but it is possible it causes the DVD drive to read the blank disc differently than the computer would do on its own.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If the disc is blank, there's nothing to read (except for MIDs, atip, etc.), which Anydvd doesn't block the reading process of. atip hider type programs can sometimes cause issues. Are you talking about blank media disc recognition--or being able to read burned blank media?

Anyway, I'm still not clear what the OP's issue is (if Anydvd is saying the drive is disabled with blank media inserted, that's not uncommon--nor any concern).

Last edited:
installed alcohol or daemon tools?
their 'hide media' option causes things like this....

installed alcohol or daemon tools?
their 'hide media' option causes things like this....

Yeah, atip hiders. Clonecd also has something similar in its Clonecd tray (with "hide cdr media"--but I haven't tested to see if that also affects blank dvd media).

Back