• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

2 questions, 1 for the new CEO...Vidcache.bin file -and- about OPD v1 & v2 w-LTL

As mentioned earlier in the thread, newer BD+ discs and Screen Pass discs require the OPD (probably the last couple of years or so)
Those newer BD+ discs are then cached locally (Screen Pass are not)

I'm aware that newer BD+-Discs (or any newer copy-protection) require the OPD.

RedFox is now here with a fully working OPD for all old and future discs, so in a way he went above and beyond that promise.

Wonderful for Redfox (y)

Wonderful for me: I don't have such newer discs. Nor am I buying bluray-discs in the near future. ;) As a former LTL-costumer of SlySoft I don't necessarily need a new Redfox-License. (y)
Maybe some time later - if I buy blurays again, someday...

Out of curiosity: What happens if such "screen-pass"-blurays are played in standalone bluray-players? Must there be a network-connection to the internet? Mine doesn't have any.

when the OPD isn't available, anydvd cannot succesfully decrypt. And thats when hopefully that downloadable OPD will come into play ;) You'll still be able to watch it, but you'll have to go through every playlist manually

@Kajo no there doesn't need to be. It's ANYDVD that needs internet connection to contact the opd. Once the decryption is done, it's all fine and dandy :)

Great...now I have a better understanding of the entire local database.

Those "screen-pass" disks seem like the last problem (sort-of) ...what happens if no internet access may be available, even after the backup of a screen pass disk was made.
If there's no local database entry made for it, it won't be able to be watched without online OPD access?

** same question applies to the "newer BD+" you included in the screen pass statement.

If an unprotected backup has been made, then the backup will work fine without internet access, regardless of the protection (AnyDVD isn't needed as protection has already been removed)

If a protected backup has been made or you want to process the original disc again, then newer Screen Pass titles will need the OPD to remove the protection correctly, newer BD+ discs will work offline if you have processed that title with the OPD previously and the created cache file exists, if not then they will also need the OPD.

Out of curiosity: What happens if such "screen-pass"-blurays are played in standalone bluray-players? Must there be a network-connection to the internet? Mine doesn't have any.

No standalone players can handle the discs fine.

when the OPD isn't available, anydvd cannot succesfully decrypt. And thats when hopefully that downloadable OPD will come into play ;) You'll still be able to watch it, but you'll have to go through every playlist manually

@Kajo no there doesn't need to be. It's ANYDVD that needs internet connection to contact the opd. Once the decryption is done, it's all fine and dandy :)
So the "Screen Pass" gives it the play order, for easy viewing automatically?

If the downloadable OPD is ever made, this will certainly help with these other issues.
Bit as you said in other posts, it all depends if it's "do-able" easily enough for the Devs to accomplish.

If the downloadable OPD is ever made [...] it all depends if it's "do-able" easily enough for the Devs to accomplish.

But why should they do it now? Now they are in "business". Business mostly depends on getting money for your work. Why do something for free? ;) Nonetheless, I'm curious if it happens :)

No screenpass doesn't give the play order, it does the exact opposite. Screenpass is a protection mechanism, that if not correctly removed, points to a random INCORRECT playlist. AnyDVD needs to decrypt screenpass, so the correct playlist is used upon disc playback.

If an unprotected backup has been made, then the backup will work fine without internet access, regardless of the protection (AnyDVD isn't needed as protection has already been removed)

If a protected backup has been made or you want to process the original disc again, then newer Screen Pass titles will need the OPD to remove the protection correctly, newer BD+ discs will work offline if you have processed that title with the OPD previously and the created cache file exists, if not then they will also need the OPD.

No standalone players can handle the discs fine.

..so it's dependent on making it unprotected or to keep-protection when making a backup...
I've read other posts mentioning when, and why keeping protection is a good idea, in some cases.

But it's good to know that once the protection is removed from ANY disk, and a backup is made to an ISO file, rather than a Folder-Format backup, it's fully unencrypted...and still somewhat editable in its ISO format.

Last edited:
No screenpass doesn't give the play order, it does the exact opposite. Screenpass is a protection mechanism, that if not correctly removed, points to a random INCORRECT playlist. AnyDVD needs to decrypt screenpass, so the correct playlist is used upon disc playback.

...now it makes sense to me...thanks.

Last edited:
But why should they do it now? Now they are in "business". Business mostly depends on getting money for your work. Why do something for free? ;) Nonetheless, I'm curious if it happens :)
They could sell it as another purchase option, like the LTL+

Its not going to happen. It it were it would have been done already. I do not think you understood what Ch3vr0n has told you.
I'm surprised you first saw this now. :)
That entire conversation was way-back when it was all still a possibility, and not settled.

And quite frankly, Ch3vr0n wasn't the only one making posts about it.
So, at the time, I didn't know what became of that idea, and made a possible use for it, in my post you quoted on.:cool:

I just missed the last few posts. I am happy you understand now. Case closed.

Back