• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why the price increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not down to ex-employees of a business that closes down to honour anybody.

And for that matter: It's not up to ex-employees of a business that closes down to honor anybody either. :D

But you are 100% right. Former employees of a dead company, don't bear any burden for the dead companies obligations.
And it this case, the poor fellers (read "chaps" to you) have enough problems of their own.
Any break(s) they are giving to former Slysoft holders - is a courtesy to promote good will.
They already had mine...
-W

You Brits and your funny accent. :D

Yeah, no one could ever pass off fake articles on the web and there's no way Slysoft could be providing the information for those articles. Unlike you, I trusted Slysoft when they first started. If RedFox wants trust, they should respect previous Customer's investments. Yet, they still offer Lifetime Licenses even though they don't know if they'll be around next week.

I hope they can get the revenue they seek from people willing to take the chance on LTL's, but things have changed drastically since the company started and I won't be one of those people.

Any break(s) they are giving to former Slysoft holders - is a courtesy to promote good will.
They already had mine...
-W

That was my point from the start... They are not offering any breaks to former Slysoft holders before 12/2015 to promote good will.

That was my point from the start... They are not offering any breaks to former Slysoft holders before 12/2015 to promote good will.
Up to 50% off total and a license type they had NO intentions of selling again is enough of a break for me and I paid for 2 Slysoft license's one of around 10yrs updated from standard to HD and one of about 5yrs HD and I'm more than happy with "the break" they gave us and was really the best way to do it for all involved just the amount of people with 12/15 deal have support slammed i could not imagine it would be if we ALL had to go through support for licensing purchasing .

Up to 50% off total and a license type they had NO intentions of selling again is enough of a break for me and I paid for 2 Slysoft license's one of around 10yrs updated from standard to HD and one of about 5yrs HD

Where are you getting 50% off total? By the way, I also paid for both the original AnyDVD and the HD upgrade. I also have CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneBD & CloneDVD Mobile. I was under the impression from RedFox's site (as stated below) AnyDVD HD is the only license key affected. If that's the case, where are you getting 50% off when the site is offering 20% for everyone?

"SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.5. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Tuesday, May 31, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally."

Yeah, no one could ever pass off fake articles on the web and there's no way Slysoft could be providing the information for those articles. Unlike you, I trusted Slysoft when they first started.
If RedFox wants trust, they should respect previous Customer's investments.
Yet, they still offer Lifetime Licenses even though they don't know if they'll be around next week.

I hope they can get the revenue they seek from people willing to take the chance on LTL's, but things have changed drastically since the company started and I won't be one of those people.
We would respect it if you were our previous customer. You were Slysofts customer, not RedFox. Slysoft died a horrible death and you still have what you bought from them up until they died. We hope you understand and will continue to support the new project.

We would respect it if you were our previous customer. You were Slysofts customer, not RedFox. Slysoft died a horrible death and you still have what you bought from them up until they died. We hope you understand and will continue to support the new project.

I will continue to support the new project, but you're naive if you think you can deny the fact that Slysoft Customers were also your customers. I understand that you were not the owner of Slysoft, but cutting off the hand that fed you for the last several years is not a good way to start a spin off company. I was sitting back and watching the forum for the last few months to see how this was going to shake out. I was even willing to donate to help get things started, but became aggravated by the total disregard for previous Lifetime License owners when I saw the pricing scheme. Reading the forum moderators blasting legitimate questions from long time customers and you claiming we're not your customers is also annoying.

However, I guess I don't have to agree with the way you run your business as long as the product continues to be as good as it was.

I've been using AnyDVD since 2005 and I purchased a Lifetime License for AnyDVD HD in 2008 for 31 Euros.
Not 100% right. You paid exactly 30 EUR in 2008 and it was an upgrade only of a standard AnyDVD you bought in 2005.

I agree and I'll still buy the 1 Year License for a few years until I can trust that they will be around long enough for the LTL.
I appreciate your decision to buy a 1y license only, business-wise this is much better for our project than a LT license. ;)

Not 100% right. You paid exactly 30 EUR in 2008 and it was an upgrade only of a standard AnyDVD you bought in 2005.

Thanks for helping make my point even more that the prices are too high now! That 1 Euro made all the difference in the world.

Thanks for helping make my point even more that the prices are too high now! That 1 Euro made all the difference in the world.

No, you missed the point, he is pointing out that it was an upgrade purchase from an existing AnyDVD license.
So obviously that would be much cheaper, and can not be used as a fair/proper comparison.

Your kidding right??

No, in a few years RedFox will have made more money from the multiple 1 year purchases vs lifetime :)

Hmmm? Maybe I'm too old for that game...

You didn't pay 30 EUR for AnyDVD HD, you paid 30 EUR for an upgrade from AnyDVD to AnyDVD HD. So don't mix up things.
You got ~200 updates for free in 10 years and now you are complaining? Shame on you!

You don't need to buy RedFox AnyDVD, your SlySoft AnyDVD will keep on working. Have fun with SlySoft AnyDVD!

Your kidding right??

No I am not kidding. Lifetime licenses are business-wise a death sentence for a software company. Our first decision was not to offer LT, but a lot of forum users asked for it and we were to weak.

No, in a few years RedFox will have made more money from the multiple 1 year purchases vs lifetime :)

Assuming they're still around to make money in a few years. If they are, it would make more sense to buy the LTL then.

You didn't pay 30 EUR for AnyDVD HD, you paid 30 EUR for an upgrade from AnyDVD to AnyDVD HD. So don't mix up things.
You got ~200 updates for free in 10 years and now you are complaining? Shame on you!

I'm not complaining about the money I already spent or the last 11 years of updates. If Slysoft didn't want to offer free updates forever, how is it my fault because I purchased a license? If RedFox doesn't want to offer an LTL, don't offer it and then complain because people might buy it. Your logic makes no sense. As far as the AnyDVD HD price... I purchased the original AnyDVD in a package deal with CloneDVD in 2005 for about 53 Euros. So conservatively speaking, let's say AnyDVD was 28 Euros and the upgrade to HD was 30 Euro's so I paid about 58 Euro's for a lifetime license compared to 109 Euro's now.

If you want to also be fair, those prices were high back then because both products were still being developed. You already have a working product now that just needs updating so the justification for the extra high price isn't there in my opinion.

We didnt get your money and you are naive to think we did. LOL. You are a new customer of RedFox, Case closed. We really do appreciate your purchase of the 1 year license. We hope you are still here to buy another, we will be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back