• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime Licence - What if my computer dies?

TheLyppardMan

I've just purchased a lifetime licence for the new versions of AnyDVD HD, having had lifetime licences for the original AnyDVD and then AnyDVD HD. Question: If my PC suddenly "died", could I transfer my licence to a replacement PC (obviously if the PC just suddenly died, I would not have an opportunity to actually uninstall the program and remove the licence information)?

Question: If my PC suddenly "died", could I transfer my licence to a replacement PC (obviously if the PC just suddenly died, I would not have an opportunity to actually uninstall the program and remove the licence information)?

Yes, you would just install the programs on your new PC along with the license keys from your email and you would be good to go.

Yes you can, nothing has changed in the policy on that usage.

Lifetime Licence - What if my computer dies?

Buy a new computer, download and install the then current version of RedFox AnyDVD, reapply your RedFox life-time license.

Eazy-peazy.

Buy a computer, poppycock, build a computer. I would think that in this day and age, everyone should build their own PC, I am of course not referring to laptops. LOL.

Buy a computer, poppycock, build a computer. I would think that in this day and age, everyone should build their own PC, I am of course not referring to laptops. LOL.
Not everyone is technically minded enough or have the inclination of building a PC. I've done it in the past, but now I go to the local PC recycle/parts store and buy a pre-fab box. I save money to I can later buy better parts as wanted/needed. Less stress and frustration too.

Likely the next PC I get will be a laptop, so even more incentive to buy "pre-made."

Thanks for all the replies. One thing less to worry about then.

By the way, I sort of built my own computer once - not physically, but by specifying exactly what specification I wanted from a list of choices at a well-known PC building company in the UK. It gave me some extra flexibility too, because they didn't mind my opening the case and adding new parts like optical drives, memory boards, etc.

I've had 2 PCs built in my lifetime, one for Windows XP Pro, and another for Windows 7 Ultimate (now upgraded for the time being to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center) and I've usually just tell the people at the computer store I'm at what I want in a PC, and I always do my research before I go into any store, just like you're supposed to when you buy a vehicle, house, or what have you.

I've had 2 PCs built in my lifetime, one for Windows XP Pro, and another for Windows 7 Ultimate (now upgraded for the time being to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center) and I've usually just tell the people at the computer store I'm at what I want in a PC, and I always do my research before I go into any store, just like you're supposed to when you buy a vehicle, house, or what have you.
Yes, pre-sales research is vital - otherwise you're at the mercy of some salesperson when you get to the shop, which puts you at a big disadvantage. I remember going into a well-known local branch of a PC/household electricals chain some years ago, when most people at the time were using Norton products and telling a salesman that I preferred Kaspersky, to which he replied, "Who are they, I've never heard of them?"

I bought only 2 PC's in my lifetime. A Commodore PC Clone (8088), and later a 386SX from a local PC build shop.
I was at a Ham Radio flea market in the mid 80's when a buddy of mine that worked for IBM showed up with a few prototype 486-25 chips - and my building career began.
Since then I've done P1(x2), P3(x5) in 2000, P4(x4) in 2005, and the last round this past year was Socket 1150 ASUS boards(x 5). (Yes, I went 10 years on the P4 builds).
From the P3 forwards I've stuck to the same formula. Corsair Power Supply and Memory, ASUS mobo, Intel CPU, Nvidia graphics,WD hard drives, and Sony opticals.
On this latest build I got "$hit lucky" as my P4 builds were all ASUS "P4P800-E Deluxe" motherboards, that just happened to be used in medical imaging equipment back in the mid 2000's. (equipment way too expensive to just replace)
Now rare as hens teeth - they sell on Ebay for $200 as replacement parts. I could re-use PS, opticals, and HD's from the previous builds too, as they had been upgraded over the years.
So my new "fleet" of ASUS Maximus VII Hero setups came pretty cheap overall. (except for the 4790K CPUs in the 2 main PC's - I used Celerons in the "grunts")
I plan to get YEARS of service out of the new ones - eventually upgrading them to M1 SSD drives etc.
-W

PS: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/

Now "long in the tooth" - these still make for a super "budget build".
Socket 1150 CPU's range from about $35 to $335 new.

-W

Last edited:
I bought only 2 PC's in my lifetime. A Commodore PC Clone (8088), and later a 386SX from a local PC build shop.
I was at a Ham Radio flea market in the mid 80's when a buddy of mine that worked for IBM showed up with a few prototype 486-25 chips - and my building career began.
Since then I've done P1(x2), P3(x5) in 2000, P4(x4) in 2005, and the last round this past year was Socket 1150 ASUS boards(x 5). (Yes, I went 10 years on the P4 builds).
From the P3 forwards I've stuck to the same formula. Corsair Power Supply and Memory, ASUS mobo, Intel CPU, Nvidia graphics,WD hard drives, and Sony opticals.
On this latest build I got "$hit lucky" as my P4 builds were all ASUS "P4P800-E Deluxe" motherboards, that just happened to be used in medical imaging equipment back in the mid 2000's. (equipment way too expensive to just replace)
Now rare as hens teeth - they sell on Ebay for $200 as replacement parts. I could re-use PS, opticals, and HD's from the previous builds too, as they had been upgraded over the years.
So my new "fleet" of ASUS Maximus VII Hero setups came pretty cheap overall. (except for the 4790K CPUs in the 2 main PC's - I used Celerons in the "grunts")
I plan to get YEARS of service out of the new ones - eventually upgrading them to M1 SSD drives etc.
-W

PS: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/

Now "long in the tooth" - these still make for a super "budget build".
Socket 1150 CPU's range from about $35 to $335 new.

-W
Clams, you really know how to build and rebuild a PC!!

I've only built a PC once for a class I took a decade ago, and while I loved it, I'd rather someone do it that has to do it for a living. That way, if they screw up, I can get an replacement part/drive/etc.

I'm more into software than hardware anyway.

Back