• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SO who really owns the software?

At least for now - I think.
There has also been some "chatter" about eventually making a downloadable version of the OPD - but no discussion (that I've seen) about what license level would needed to do this.
If it's enabled within the AnyDVD program, you can bet a new license would be required, as it would be included in a future update.
I know this isn't much info - it's just all I know - sorry.
-W
Would this be for the older v1 OPD for download? Cause that would be wild, and one of my requests too.

Hmm, does that mean that those with an old Slysoft license still have access to titles that were added to the OPD prior to the RedFox transfer?
That's probably the most likely senario.

The ones that are built-into the local database of the program itself, only locally on that computer, on that older version...but not online of the main OPD.

Newer disk titles need the newer AnyDVD HD license to access the main v2 OPD from online.
BD would be the concern as those will require OPD access to decrypt and without the new Anydvd HD RedFox CloneBD probably not work correctly. I seen it work on new DVD without internet access as oppose to BD movies the likes from Sony and such....

Ah...thanks for correcting me... the BD+ may still need the online master OPD with ANY older version too?

Would this be for the older v1 OPD for download? Cause that would be wild, and one of my requests too.

I honestly don't know... I've seen some "chatter" here on the boards is all.
And the boards have been so crazy busy - I didn't give it much thought.
I'm a DVD-only type for now.
_W

At least for now - I think.
There has also been some "chatter" about eventually making a downloadable version of the OPD - but no discussion (that I've seen) about what license level would needed to do this.
If it's enabled within the AnyDVD program, you can bet a new license would be required, as it would be included in a future update.
I know this isn't much info - it's just all I know - sorry.
-W
Don't count on that. Please nothing like that is even being discussed. No downloadable V2 OPD. Lets not get ahead of ourselves and start chatter thats going to get bent out of shape. The next thing you know people will quoting you as fact. There is not even a rumor of this.

Don't count on that. Please nothing like that is even being discussed. No downloadable V2 OPD. Lets not get ahead of ourselves and start chatter thats going to get bent out of shape. The next thing you know people will quoting you as fact. There is not even a rumor of this.

I think he was referring to the OLD v1 database, not the v2

Even still, I can understand your concern for this rumor.

Sorry - I didn't have time do dig through 5000 posts. :)
But I remember somebody "real" (in the last few days) say something about an OPD (not sure if V1 or V2) being "X number of drive space" and what it would take to make it available.
Past that - I don't remember the details. I do DVD only. (Seeing your post - it had to have been VI I saw mentioned somewhere.)
I see the concern that this could go viral and morph though......
-W

Sorry - I didn't have time do dig through 5000 posts. :)
But I remember somebody "real" (in the last few days) say something about an OPD (not sure if V1 or V2) being "X number of drive space" and what it would take to make it available.
Past that - I don't remember the details. I do DVD only. Seeing your post - it had to have been VI I saw mentioned.
I see the concern that this could go viral and morph though......
-W

I think I remember seeing that post ...mentioning it was 300MBs in size...and growing.
But that WAS for the v1 to be able to download for the older LTL.
No posts about it, afterwards.

Maybe it was deleted when they cleaned all the old licensing posts

I think I remember seeing that post ...mentioning it was 300MBs in size...and growing.
But that WAS for the v1 to be able to download for the older LTL.
No posts about it, afterwards.

Thank you. I knew I wasn't dreaming it.
But ya - it makes no sense to make the V2 OPD available offline. (for a few reasons)
I can't imagine the VI would even be very high on any priority list.
-W

The only thing that was officially said about downloading it was James saying he'll look into it. That goes 2 ways. Looking into it and finding its not doable, or finding out it is. Nothing has been said either way.

Call it what you will, but this is the interwebs and there is no way to say who's who.
I would not be surprised at all if Mr. GB packed up and left Antigua in December because the local news in Antigua/Aruba stated that it was in December that they were going to fine GB 30K to satisfy the local govt and show the U.S. that they are pursuing GB.
Mr. GB has sold 100's of thousands of licenses and must be a multi-millionaire by now. How likely could it be that GB now has his sights set on becoming a billionaire and moved operations to Costa Rico, is still running the show ( I suspect this because of the attitude of the Mods/Admins here) and now wants to double dip on his "illegal" warez by re-selling new licenses. Slysoft could not continue making profits with LTL's so the next best step is to re-start.
The whole situation here at Redfox reeks of suspicion, and un-trustworthiness. They do act like and exhibit they are criminal so maybe we should trust criminals?
How can Redfox earn the trust of the community? I think that Redfox does not care because they are out for all the cash grab they think they deserve.
Please do not quote that your another company or whatever. Your still the same software and peeps do not believe that just because your change your name your a new product (software) LTL's feel cheated and if Redfox had any business sense at all, they would have given all the LTL's a good price break. Instead they got too lazy to research all their existing LTL's or do not trust the current LTL's and decided to bunch everybody together for the always has been before 20% Which isn't any different than the 20% that Slyfox was on sale for anyway. Bitcoin is not traceable, so they prefer that, can't blame Redfox for that because they (GB?) want to avoid any future legal issues.
Now that I have that point off my mind, maybe a can let up for now......

Call it what you will, but this is the interwebs and there is no way to say who's who.
I would not be surprised at all if Mr. GB packed up and left Antigua in December because the local news in Antigua/Aruba stated that it was in December that they were going to fine GB 30K to satisfy the local govt and show the U.S. that they are pursuing GB.
Mr. GB has sold 100's of thousands of licenses and must be a multi-millionaire by now. How likely could it be that GB now has his sights set on becoming a billionaire and moved operations to Costa Rico, is still running the show ( I suspect this because of the attitude of the Mods/Admins here) and now wants to double dip on his "illegal" warez by re-selling new licenses. Slysoft could not continue making profits with LTL's so the next best step is to re-start.
The whole situation here at Redfox reeks of suspicion, and un-trustworthiness. They do act like and exhibit they are criminal so maybe we should trust criminals?
How can Redfox earn the trust of the community? I think that Redfox does not care because they are out for all the cash grab they think they deserve.
Please do not quote that your another company or whatever. Your still the same software and peeps do not believe that just because your change your name your a new product (software) LTL's feel cheated and if Redfox had any business sense at all, they would have given all the LTL's a good price break. Instead they got too lazy to research all their existing LTL's or do not trust the current LTL's and decided to bunch everybody together for the always has been before 20% Which isn't any different than the 20% that Slyfox was on sale for anyway. Bitcoin is not traceable, so they prefer that, can't blame Redfox for that because they (GB?) want to avoid any future legal issues.
Now that I have that point off my mind, maybe a can let up for now......
Joe C. If you feel so adamantly about this you do not have to buy the program. I have read all of your posts and its getting monotonous. WE would like it if you were here backing the community like 99% of all the new members and old members, but you seem set upon this quest of disparaging a project that just got off the ground. Your posts are all speculation ( Bettini is a multi-Millionaire, how would you know? Do you often count other people money? Do you know how much he spent on lawyers to defend your right to make a back up, so please chill out. I am a pretty passive guy but your posts are wrong and what you say is speculation and lies. So please just leave us alone and go on your merry way. I do not want to make you disappear but I will if necessary. Thank you

Left Antigua? Proof please, oh wait. You cannot possibly have any because there is none. Unless you know him in person
HAS sold 100's of thousands? Proof please, but unless you worked for slysoft at the time on the administrative end you don't have any. Only slysoft staff had access to those numbers
Still running the show? Proof please, but you don't have any. the current staff wants nothing to do with him
Attitude of the staff? Careful there, accusing the staff of an agenda is threading on thin ice
Act like criminals? Now you've gone too far. You've got a right to a (mis)informed decision but accusing the staff of such behavior will not be tolerated.
They are different, is not their problem you fail to realize that.

I can understand -Joe C- feelings about this. At first I'm sure many thought the same thing, and may still have it in the back of their minds.

This was why I hoped the new management would understand, and let the 50% discount for the new RedFox LTL be for everyone with an original SlySoft LTL.

I also understand, that maybe the new management needs quick input of funds to help pay to run things, but it does give some a feeling it's a money grab when less consideration of older LTL holders gives no more than the 20% gratuity.

I also understand RedFox's position on this...that THEY made no money on the old licenses, other than their pay checks, and even lost the last few checks besides, from the old SlySoft Co.

But it's really a matter of customer trust now...not money yet...the money WILL come in, faster over time, as the consumer trust in the 'new' project builds again. You really can't rush that, or it looks suspicious to some.

Some people do not even know what a sticky is. They have bought a license and have been using it for 13 years. I wouldn't expect them to know about the sticky's. IT would be nice if you just politely answered the question if you know the answer to be true, and then point them towards a sticky. Not reading a damn sticky is not again'st the law. It would be nice if every did and knew what they were supposed to do. But that is not the case. So either be respectful or dont post.

@RedFox 1, I applaud you for correcting one of the last things that made me a little nervous since this whole thing began. A sense that someone was in control. I am a LTL holder and want the project to succeed. In discussing with others the merits of AnyDVD, one of the main complaints of some of the people I work with was the seemingly lack of respect and lack of control. A place with no controls and no respect does not build confidence. Looking forward to additional purchases, thanks again.

@RedFox 1, I applaud you for correcting one of the last things that made me a little nervous since this whole thing began. A sense that someone was in control. I am a LTL holder and want the project to succeed. In discussing with others the merits of AnyDVD, one of the main complaints of some of the people I work with was the seemingly lack of respect and lack of control. A place with no controls and no respect does not build confidence. Looking forward to additional purchases, thanks again.
You are welcome and don't forget I am here for the members to ask questions and get an answer, so do not hesitate to contact me with any questions in the future. Very happy you are on board.

The only thing that was officially said about downloading it was James saying he'll look into it. That goes 2 ways. Looking into it and finding its not doable, or finding out it is. Nothing has been said either way.

THAT's what I remembered seeing! Thanks
And that's why I called it "just chatter".
And like Mr. R. Fox said, no way that could ever refer to OPD V2.
I'm sorry I even mentioned that post now - especially since I could not "re-find" it in it's proper context.
-W

Last edited:
Back