• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVI to DVD software

What do you folks recommend I use to convert AVI to DVD?

Ahead Nero Vision (Shareware) - Insanely easy to use with some nice menu capabilities.
DVDFlick (Freeware) - Insanely easy to use but no menu capabilities.
FAVC (Freeware) - Not overly complicated but could be confusing with the choice of settings. Menu capability but it's basic.
SVCD2DVD (Shareware) - Good program. Simple and complex menu capabilities. Temporarily on sale for £1!!! I paid £20. Grrrr!
The FilmMachine (Freeware) - Menu capabilities.

There are others as well and opinions will vary on which is the best. I suggest trying them all out and seeing which you like the most.

Last edited:
DrinkLyeAndDie;43792[u said:
SVCD2DVD[/u] (Shareware) - Good program. Simple and complex menu capabilities. Temporarily on sale for £1!!! I paid £20. Grrrr!

thanks for that link, you can't grumble for a pound :D

thanks for that link, you can't grumble for a pound :D

I wanted to make sure I had the URL right so I went to the site and that's when I discovered it was on sale. Glad to help. :)

I couldn't grumble if I had gotten it for £1. I paid £20 a couple of months ago. :(

ConvertXtoDVD is a good program as ivanX mentioned earlier. I use it for any Public Domain films or free video that I download off of the web.

Not too bad to use, pretty easy really.

This is a very new program I just found today. Judging from the screenshots it looks very promising. Check out the thread here.

This is a very new program I just found today. Judging from the screenshots it looks very promising. Check out the thread here.

Definitely interesting. Unfortunately, you can't do much in the way of resizing any of the windows and on my monitor it makes using the software difficult. I'll have to spend some more time looking though. :)

Definitely interesting. Unfortunately, you can't do much in the way of resizing any of the windows and on my monitor it makes using the software difficult. I'll have to spend some more time looking though. :)
It will get better though as the development progresses. Report the bugs to the developer so they can be fixed.

It will get better though as the development progresses. Report the bugs to the developer so they can be fixed.

Oh, I am a fan of any new program like this. And, of course, it's a pre-alpha so I fully expect bugs and/or UI issues since the UI is not what you should be focusing on in a pre-alpha version of a brand new program, IMO.

When I have time I'll experiment and see what the results are and report what I can to the developer. The menu capabilities look very very interesting. Actually I need to look into it more because on quick glance I was a little confused with how intricate the capabilities are.

Back