• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

bd+

bass4040

I don't have an hdcp video card. Will I be able to watch bd+ movies from original disk using anydvd even if bd+ isn't cracked.

Last edited:
AnyDVD HD does not only "crack" the encryption, but it also allows you to watch Blu-Ray and HDDVD discs without having to have HDCP hardware (apart from the drive(s), of course). As long as AnyDVD HD supports BD+ in both of those aspects you'll be able to watch what you want without problems :)

AFAIK BD+ isn't even used on any disc and anydvd doesn't support BD+ atm.

I would think that as long as the encryption wasn't change ( bet it was though ) you should be able to but it is better to hear from James on this.

So as long as AACS is cracked so is hdcp and bd+ is a separate entity that does not deal with hdcp right?

I don't believe BD+ has even been implemented yet on Blu-Ray commercial movie releases.

So as long as AACS is cracked so is hdcp and bd+ is a separate entity that does not deal with hdcp right?

Well it is a bit more than that as BD+ is supposed to have java in it from what I hear and this is supposed to make it easier to add and change ecryptions? Maybe James can elaborate to an extent for us on what's up. HDCP will still be there but with anydvd hd no need for all that of course. :D

Well it is a bit more than that as BD+ is supposed to have java in it from what I hear and this is supposed to make it easier to add and change ecryptions? Maybe James can elaborate to an extent for us on what's up. HDCP will still be there but with anydvd hd no need for all that of course. :D
BD+ is effectively a small virtual machine embedded in authorized players. It allows content providers to include executable programs on Blu-ray discs. Such programs can:

* examine the host environment, to see if the player has been tampered with. Every licensed playback device manufacturer must provide the BD+ licensing authority with memory footprints that identify their devices.
* verify that the player's keys have not been changed.
* execute native code, possibly to patch an otherwise insecure system.
* transform the audio and video output. Parts of the content will not be viewable without letting the BD+-program unscramble it.

If a playback device manufacturer finds that its devices have been hacked, it can potentially release BD+-code that detects and circumvents the vulnerability. These programs can then be included in all new content releases.

The specifications of the BD+ virtual machine are only available to licensed device manufacturers.

BD-ROM Mark is a small amount of cryptographical data that is stored physically differently from normal Blu-ray data. Bit-by-bit copies that do not replicate the BD-ROM Mark are impossible to decode. A specially licensed piece of hardware is required to insert the ROM-mark into the media during replication. Through licensing of the special hardware element, the BDA believes that it can eliminate the possibility of mass producing BD-ROMs without authorization.

BD+ is effectively a small virtual machine embedded in authorized players. It allows content providers to include executable programs on Blu-ray discs. Such programs can:

* examine the host environment, to see if the player has been tampered with. Every licensed playback device manufacturer must provide the BD+ licensing authority with memory footprints that identify their devices.
* verify that the player's keys have not been changed.
* execute native code, possibly to patch an otherwise insecure system.
* transform the audio and video output. Parts of the content will not be viewable without letting the BD+-program unscramble it.

If a playback device manufacturer finds that its devices have been hacked, it can potentially release BD+-code that detects and circumvents the vulnerability. These programs can then be included in all new content releases.

The specifications of the BD+ virtual machine are only available to licensed device manufacturers.

BD-ROM Mark is a small amount of cryptographical data that is stored physically differently from normal Blu-ray data. Bit-by-bit copies that do not replicate the BD-ROM Mark are impossible to decode. A specially licensed piece of hardware is required to insert the ROM-mark into the media during replication. Through licensing of the special hardware element, the BDA believes that it can eliminate the possibility of mass producing BD-ROMs without authorization.

I was a bit off but not by much thanks for the info DetroitBaseball.

AnyDVD HD does not only "crack" the encryption, but it also allows you to watch Blu-Ray and HDDVD discs without having to have HDCP hardware (apart from the drive(s), of course). As long as AnyDVD HD supports BD+ in both of those aspects you'll be able to watch what you want without problems :)

Actually, this is somewhat inaccurate. By removing AACS from the disc, it also removes the requirement for HDCP. IOW, unencrypted discs do not require HDCP.

Actually, this is somewhat inaccurate. By removing AACS from the disc, it also removes the requirement for HDCP. IOW, unencrypted discs do not require HDCP.

You still need a HDCP-compliant HDDVD or Blu-Ray drive, don't you? By removing HDCP, AnyDVD HD eliminates the need to have HDCP-compliant display monitor, which is a blessing! :D

You still need a HDCP-compliant HDDVD or Blu-Ray drive, don't you? By removing HDCP, AnyDVD HD eliminates the need to have HDCP-compliant display monitor, which is a blessing! :D

Eh? HDCP compliant HD DVD or BluRay drive?? There is no "removing HDCP". HDCP is turned on by the player when an AACS encoded stream is found. AnyDVD removes AACS before the player gets the stream, so HDCP is not turned on.

Eh? HDCP compliant HD DVD or BluRay drive?? There is no "removing HDCP". HDCP is turned on by the player when an AACS encoded stream is found. AnyDVD removes AACS before the player gets the stream, so HDCP is not turned on.

I see. So HDCP is always present within AACS, but is it possible for it to be incorporated by itself? In case of open-source versions of HDCP being developed...

I think SamuriHL didn't mean you don't need a BD/HD drive but rather the other stuff. The drive to play these types of disc will always be needed.

I think SamuriHL didn't mean you don't need a BD/HD drive but rather the other stuff. The drive to play these types of disc will always be needed.

Yep. If AnyDVD HD would allow users to playback HDDVDs and Blu-Rays in a normal DVD drive then I'd nominate it for the next wonder in the world myself :bowdown:

Heck if it allowed that I would rebuy the program all over again.

I see. So HDCP is always present within AACS, but is it possible for it to be incorporated by itself? In case of open-source versions of HDCP being developed...

Not exactly. It's similar to how macrovision is applied on DVD's. It's a flag that if present, the hardware turns on macrovision. The same concept is used for HDCP. If an AACS disc is present, your player (PS3, PowerDVD Ultra, Xbox 360 w/ HD DVD drive, whatever) turns on the HDCP "flag" (for lack of a better analogy I guess...we'll call it a flag). The player then has to verify the hardware being used for display is HDCP compliant. If it's not, it refuses to play the content. When a non-AACS encrypted disc is present, the HDCP compliance check can be skipped(and is in current players). That's why when AnyDVD HD removes the AACS encryption layer before the player "sees" the disc, the player doesn't require HDCP compliant hardware. I hope this clears it up a little.

Sounds like it is getting to look better to use your PC as a BD or HD player nowdays with this new technology as it'll be easier to manipulate than using a stand alone player?

Sounds like it is getting to look better to use your PC as a BD or HD player nowdays with this new technology as it'll be easier to manipulate than using a stand alone player?

Yup. I'm not upgrading my HTPC until next year, so, for now I'm stuck with my 360 and PS3 as my HD playback devices, but, as soon as the hardware I require drops in price I'm going to buy/build the ultimate HD HTPC...both with playback of HD DVD/BluRay and HDTV recording capability using cable card. But I'm at least a year away from that goal.

Back