• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SO who really owns the software?

After asking some questions and stating my opinion about the transition from SlySoft to RedFox in several threads and reading hundreds of posts within the last few weeks, I noticed, that currently there's not much sense in doing so. Momentarily some users here are so over-sensitive that it seems they don't really read the original posts completely, trying to give a helpful answer, but instead scan for certain keywords like "SlySoft", "price", "license", etc. which somehow trigger their defense mode, making them misinterprete every harmless question and answer with prepared sentences and text modules, usually containing some of the following:

- "Instead of being so lazy and asking here, wanting to be spoonfed with info, learn to use google !"
- "SlySoft is dead! Live with it !!!"
- "Redfox owe you nothing! Live with it !!!"
- "Take it or leave it !!!"
- "People like You want everything for free !!!"
- "Be grateful you are still allowed to buy the software instead of whining !!!"
- "Are you a lawyer or what !!!???"
etc. etc.

And after clarifying that the original poster wasn't even trying to insult anyone at all and just asking for some harmless info, the thread gets closed. So even if you are a great supporter of the people and the software, never try to make a comment that could be interpreted as some kind of criticism, as the chances of being called a "troll" and being treated accordingly are extremely high at the moment.

Better write a post like "I'll buy and support everything, no matter how much it costs and no matter what was stated a while ago". Then you can be sure to earn some likes for your post. Otherwise it's certainly better to wait for the climate here to cool down.

And whoever now wants to start bashing my post should know that it should be taken with a bit of irony and that no-one should feel insulted.

Well stated..and very true..!

That's why I don't take offense with what most said to me...I know what I meant by what I said...and at least now a discussion is taking place, with moderator and admin approval.
(And GOD looking in too, to smack someone if they need it) :) ---just joking---

After asking some questions and stating my opinion about the transition from SlySoft to RedFox in several threads and reading hundreds of posts within the last few weeks, I noticed, that currently there's not much sense in doing so. Momentarily some users here are so over-sensitive that it seems they don't really read the original posts completely, trying to give a helpful answer, but instead scan for certain keywords like "SlySoft", "price", "license", etc. which somehow trigger their defense mode, making them misinterprete every harmless question and answer with prepared sentences and text modules, usually containing some of the following:

- "Instead of being so lazy and asking here, wanting to be spoonfed with info, learn to use google !"
- "SlySoft is dead! Live with it !!!"
- "Redfox owe you nothing! Live with it !!!"
- "Take it or leave it !!!"
- "People like You want everything for free !!!"
- "Be grateful you are still allowed to buy the software instead of whining !!!"
- "Are you a lawyer or what !!!???"
etc. etc.

And after clarifying that the original poster wasn't even trying to insult anyone at all and just asking for some harmless info, the thread gets closed. So even if you are a great supporter of the people and the software, never try to make a comment that could be interpreted as some kind of criticism, as the chances of being called a "troll" and being treated accordingly are extremely high at the moment.

Better write a post like "I'll buy and support everything, no matter how much it costs and no matter what was stated a while ago". Then you can be sure to earn some likes for your post. Otherwise it's certainly better to wait for the climate here to cool down.

And whoever now wants to start bashing my post should know that it should be taken with a bit of irony and that no-one should feel insulted.

/bash! :p
I think the real problem is that many here (both mods and the "alpha-community") have gotten quite jaded by the repetition of the same 5-10 "statements couched as questions" over and over and over.
This creates a poor environment for the sincere (as opposed to troll or shill) poster who just found out his lifetime license went "tits up" along with Slysoft.
So ya... I expect that over the next few months we will see this several times over.

-W

PS: Personally - I have found some of the rather farcical "legal opinions" rather humorous.
This especially since we are largely dealing with "outlaw software" in many locations. :D

Last edited:
@ Nephilim, those are most probably quotes from members that also didnt understand the position that Slysoft was in. Everyone was repeating and posturing like they actually had answers. If you actually google for content that is accurate and not listen to hearsay, I am sure you will find that RedFox had no control over what happened to Slysoft. You still have V7.6.9.5 that you bought from Slysoft and still works for 150,000 discs. However you will not have updates from the RedFox Project unless you buy a new license. Instead of googling and posting all the negative posts you can find why dont you spend some time on posting about the people that understand. Thank you. RedFox is a Project started by the people that were left without a job and unpaid. Only you can decide whether you will be a part of the project. Sorry if anyone here offended you. You ask who owns the software, the answer is no one, its a closed source project, that is being worked on by the developers in the world.

@ Nephilim, those are most probably quotes from members that also didnt understand the position that Slysoft was in. Everyone was repeating and posturing like they actually had answers. If you actually google for content that is accurate and not listen to hearsay, I am sure you will find that RedFox had no control over what happened to Slysoft. You still have V7.6.9.5 that you bought from Slysoft and still works for 150,000 discs. However you will not have updates from the RedFox Project unless you buy a new license. Instead of googling and posting all the negative posts you can find why dont you spend some time on posting about the people that understand. Thank you. RedFox is a Project started by the people that were left without a job and unpaid. Only you can decide whether you will be a part of the project. Sorry if anyone here offended you.

Ummmm. I think you just did it. LOL
Those were largely quotes from (some) Mods and Alpha Members here.
Nephilim was doing a parody of sorts.
-W

Last edited:
Ummmm. I think you just did it. LOL
Those were largely quotes from Mods and Alpha members.
He was doing a parody of sorts.
-W
I didnt find it funny. And I find most of it sad but true, that our member would post to other potential customers with such distain makes me sick.

I didnt find it funny. And I find most of it sad but true, that our member would post to other potential customers with such distain makes me sick.

Yes... but I you are taking a big positive step now - in informing new people appearing - to turn former members back into customers.
It's safe to say that all of us who love and support AnyDVD - will do our best not to be "snooty" when new peeps come in with the same old questions.
-W

You talk about Alpha members, there are no such thing as Alpha members, all members are equal and if you think post count means anything, think again. We appreciate all our members, all our supporters and try to explain the situation to those who do not understand. Some things are funny and some things are not. Trying to elude the truth with a joke is not what I am doing here. I know the customers are here are very smart people, at least 99% of them, they just are a bit misinformed. ( and yes some are informed but are upset that they have to pay again, I would be also upset) . Even if thats not the case, all posts will be answered respectfully Alpha member or not.

Yes... but I you are taking a big positive step now - in informing new people appearing - to turn former members back into customers.
It's safe to say that all of us who love and support AnyDVD - will do our best not to be "snooty" when new peeps come in with the same old questions.
-W
Yes...this is truly the key...not to be or act snooty and off-ish to new people asking the same questions.
RedFox has nothing to hide, and that needs to be gotten across in the best and fully transparent way...talking about it...not hiding from it.

I too am glad to see the new 'owners' understand this now.

The way I see it Posting before reading the Stickies doesn't help either-or not doing a search for the similar questions that were asked detracts from the postings. And adding misinformed information and hearsay detracts from what is being told to everyone from RedFox. RedFox has nothing to hide why would one even say that. They posted the information - best of their knowledge on Stickies so everyone can read and see what is said not what one thinks is said.

Some people do not even know what a sticky is. They have bought a license and have been using it for 13 years. I wouldn't expect them to know about the sticky's. IT would be nice if you just politely answered the question if you know the answer to be true, and then point them towards a sticky. Not reading a damn sticky is not again'st the law. It would be nice if every did and knew what they were supposed to do. But that is not the case. So either be respectful or dont post.

And whom rights are you invoking here? Sounds more like a entitlement opinion then any real understanding of what going on here.

Whom is "a lot of people saying"??? I love how people like to use words like this but will not identify whom they are talking about......What courts are you talking about "Kangaroo Courts"????

Whom said you had to buy? You old license will work you get no update or access to the OPD database. Whether they go or come that is up to them and that is how business fall if you don't want it don't buy it.

Whom gave you legal authority to ask such questions? Last I seen your not RedFox.

Go and get a lawyer and go after Slysoft to find out what happened-RedFox has nothing to do with them anymore.

Again under whom authority are you working for?

This has been beaten to death already. Read the response failure to read shows lack of awareness of what going around you-not our fault you don't read what's been going on.

Are you the Webmaster now? Why should they disclose whom is whom to you? Are you the ACCS-LA team member here?

wow, I have to say there are some very negative people in this community. That being said my question wasn't designed to tick people off and for those of you got got ticked...I'm sorry but the problem is yours not mine.

My question was just related to ownership rights of chimerical products. While I want to support a company like redfox which I think is providing a needed product I don't support the stealing of someone else's products and that was the point behind my question. If redfox has the right to relabel and produce anydvd then I'm all for it and please take my money. For now because you've made that claim then I'm going to buy a license, I just hope that claim is valid.

Don't go by Recycle to guage this issue or negativity.
Redfox itself has stated that it has every right to sell former Slysoft products.
And remember, in most countries this is not a "commercial product" - it's "outlaw software" and that was true even under Slysoft.
Only Redfox has the keys (quite literally) to this kingdom.
-W
PS: unwise to use your real name as a posting handle (assuming it is)

wow, I have to say there are some very negative people in this community. That being said my question wasn't designed to tick people off and for those of you got got ticked...I'm sorry but the problem is yours not mine.

My question was just related to ownership rights of chimerical products. While I want to support a company like redfox which I think is providing a needed product I don't support the stealing of someone else's products and that was the point behind my question. If redfox has the right to relabel and produce anydvd then I'm all for it and please take my money. For now because you've made that claim then I'm going to buy a license, I just hope that claim is valid.
Terry, that poster was wrong to answer you like that. He or she is in no part a spokesman for RedFox. I personally apologize for the rude post. Yes we have some negative people here, and I am going to weed them out. We are happy you want to support RedFox, to answer your question. RedFox is a Project , not a company. In a Project there are no owners, just workers. We are a hive of developers. All with one goal in mind , to help you do what you need to do with the DVD you own. You just happened to get a rude answer to a very good question. I am sorry. Yes we have that right. The previous owner in lieu of pay, 2 months worth for many developers has relinquished the name AnyDVDHD. 13 years of battling the AACS-LA was enough for him. Please feel free to PM me me with any more question you may have.

Terry, that poster was wrong to answer you like that. He or she is in no part a spokesman for RedFox. I personally apologize for the rude post. Yes we have some negative people here, and I am going to weed them out. We are happy you want to support RedFox, to answer your question. RedFox is a Project , not a company. In a Project there are no owners, just workers. We are a hive of developers. All with one goal in mind , to help you do what you need to do with the DVD you own. You just happened to get a rude answer to a very good question. I am sorry. Yes we have that right. The previous owner in lieu of pay, 2 months worth for many developers has relinquished the name AnyDVDHD. 13 years of battling the AACS-LA was enough for him. Please feel free to PM me me with any more question you may have.

See now this was a good answer and it was an answer that...lol answered my question. Thank you for the reply you answered my question and you have my support.

See now this was a good answer and it was an answer that...lol answered my question. Thank you for the reply you answered my question and you have my support.
Thanks for your support Terry, and I will be here for any more help I can give.

The previous owner in lieu of pay, 2 months worth for many developers has relinquished the name AnyDVDHD. 13 years of battling the AACS-LA was enough for him.
I hope that answers alot questions about this and thank you for posting this information it's what I thought to be the case and you just validated it for me and I'm sure quite a few others out there that are new RedFox customers or would like to be one.

You still have V7.6.9.5 that you bought from Slysoft and still works for 150,000 discs. However you will not have updates from the RedFox Project unless you buy a new license.

Hmm, does that mean that those with an old Slysoft license still have access to titles that were added to the OPD prior to the RedFox transfer?

Hmm, does that mean that those with an old Slysoft license still have access to titles that were added to the OPD prior to the RedFox transfer?
The ones that are built-into the local database of the program itself, only locally on that computer, on that older version...but not online of the main OPD.

Newer disk titles need the newer AnyDVD HD license to access the main v2 OPD from online.

At least for now - I think.
There has also been some "chatter" about eventually making a downloadable version of the OPD - but no discussion (that I've seen) about what license level would needed to do this.
If it's enabled within the AnyDVD program, you can bet a new license would be required, as it would be included in a future update.
I know this isn't much info - it's just all I know - sorry.
-W

Back