• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 Released

Charlie

AnyDVD History

6.1.7.0 2007 08 11
- New (DVD): Added support for a new version of Macrovision RipGuard as
found on "Dead Men's Society Special Edition", R1, US
- New (DVD): Added support for a new protection as found on
"Styx and REO Speedwagon : Arch Allies - Live at Riverport", US
- New (DVD): Workaround for mastering error on "Kama Sutra", R1, US
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new titles
- Fix (DVD): "DVDManager 5 x IFOFormat 13" error with CloneDVD mobile
- Fix (DVD): Removed a debug message box, which was forgotten
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6170.exe

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Ripguard is back.
What is this nameless protection?
Is it similar to the one, which was on "Der freie Wille"?
Anyway great work Slysoft. :bowdown:

Oh, Ripguard is back.
What is this nameless protection?
Is it similar to the one, which was on "Der freie Wille"?
No, it isn't.

updates

Wow
Two updates in one day
What a service
Thanks and Best Regards

Me too. While unrelated to new items in changelog, this update solved my problem that almost had me for a new pair of pants due to how serious it appeared to be :)
I've never had a major problem with AnyDVD or CloneDVD, I've been lucky I guess.

I don't know about anyone else, but after the first and second update today, I can't initialize AnyDVD via bootup or opening manually. I tried to uninstall/reinstall and it didn't help so I'm going back to an older version for now.

I couldn't find a log file to send to them.

I don't know about anyone else, but after the first and second update today, I can't initialize AnyDVD via bootup or opening manually. I tried to uninstall/reinstall and it didn't help so I'm going back to an older version for now.

What exactly was happening?

A box pops up with an message "Error opening Colby" something....

I'm going to install it again to get the message...don't see where AnyDVD has logs. If it happens again I guess I can do a restore. Did a full backup this morning so I'll be back up somehow.

I had no problems installing on three different systems, but anyway (do step 1 and read the rest) . . .

If you're using Vista, then click this.

If you have Zonealarm on your system, ensure Anydvd is being given permission to access the trusted zone.
Similarly if you have a firewall, antivirus or spyware program--ensure it's not blocking Anydvd from running.
Provided you downloaded Anydvd from Slysoft's website, Anydvd is a safe program (you have nothing
to be paranoid about).

If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
Anydvd from installing properly.

If you keep getting "your trial has ended" messages, despite using your license key
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=196

If Anydvd says your drive is disabled, ignore the message unless you also receive it
when you have a movie inserted in that drive.
Some drives' firmware may report the wrong
information to Anydvd. Often Anydvd will still function properly.
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2891&postcount=12 (Zebadee's Anydvd works fine)

If Anydvd can't see your drives or they aren't listed, click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to "Drives"-->"Selection".
Ensure your optical drives are checkmarked.

Right click the Anydvd icon on your desktop. Click "properties". Click the "Compatibility tab". If you're using
Windows XP, ensure the box for "compatibility mode" is not selected. -- thanks to vbro for the information

linx05 says Teatimer enabled on Spybot can cause problems during installation: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36804&postcount=5

Step 1
a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

"Failed to Init ElbyCDIO!"

When I was rebooting I thought "Colby...why the heck did I say say? It's Elby..."

Anyway, still does it. I do use Zone Alarm but I have used it for over a year and never had update issues and everything is allowed. I already ran my registry cleaner (jv16 Power Tools) and it's not monitoring changes. As for a AnyDVD icon...there's not one. I'll check some other stuff.

Edit: I did get to properties via the start menu and right click...compatability mode is un checked (as always). I'll try uninstall/reinstall with firewall, etc.. off.

Last edited:
"Failed to Init ElbyCDIO!"

When I was rebooting I thought "Colby...why the heck did I say say? It's Elby..."

Anyway, still does it. I do use Zone Alarm but I have used it for over a year and never had update issues and everything is allowed. I already ran my registry cleaner (jv16 Power Tools) and it's not monitoring changes. As for a AnyDVD icon...there's not one. I'll check some other stuff.

Edit: I did get to properties via the start menu and right click...compatability mode is un checked (as always). I'll try uninstall/reinstall with firewall, etc.. off.
A firewall should have nothing to do with installing a program.

I know the firewall "shouldn't" have anything to do with an install and it didn't...but it has with other programs and I was just doing what was suggested.

Well, I have tried all suggested and I still get the init error. I had Zone Alarm completely off, AVG was off, I don't use Spybot, I don't use Vista, can't use System Mechanic (new version would trigger XP's DEP and never could install) and the error message has nothing to do with my license keys....so I'm finished for now. I'm going to do a Restore and use the older revision until something has been figured out or until the next updates.

I've never had issues with updates (except those few with certain titles) and nothing on the pc has changed so I'm fairly certain it's not with the pc, especially after trying different fixes. I've used Zone Alarm almost 2 years so I didn't think that was it. I wish AnyDVD had a log or if it has one, someone let me know where it is. I'm going to keep checking back to see if anyone else logs on with the same issue.

I wish AnyDVD had a log

Click red fox icon on toolbar-->"Program settings"-->"enable logging"

I did get that init error message with Anydvd 6.1.6.6 on my laptop only, but I'm convinced that was an issue with McAfee security software that came pre-installed with it (not my choice). Reinstalling Anydvd and rebooting fixed that issue.

Adbear has this to say:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=43219&postcount=9

Last edited:
I would. I don't see how a firewall can affect the installation of a program since a firewall is supposed to monitor connections. Anti-virus I suppose could affect the installation though.

Several of them have spyware checks, and actually some firewalls do ask for specific permission for access to other system resources and files (Zonealarm Pro does that a lot; if you answer "No" to some of the popups, Zonealarm Pro will block the program from installing properly). Someone I know owns Zonealarm Pro, and she used to phone me a lot, "Zonealarm Pro just asked if I should give permission for this installer file to do such and such." Drove me nuts. I told her Zonealarm Pro is too complicated for her and to downgrade to the free version. Now she calls me less often (either because she was insulted--or she followed my advice . . . I'm happy either way :D)

Last edited:
This is the first time for me a new release of AnyDVD fixed a problem I was having...this is probably because before I never had a single problem :D

P.S. @Webslinger: that's no way to talk to women :D

Back