• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2 will not play uninterrupted

Julie Hanson

Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2 Region A will not play uninterrupted. I have an LG WH16NS40 drive hooked up externally on a USB 3.0 cable, the latest version of VLC software, 2.2.2, and have tried other free software with the same results. The latest version of AnyDVDHD trial was downloaded yesterday, 5/22/16, and I kept receiving messages that the disc is a copied disc or my software is incompatible. The disc does not play all the way through on Windows 10 without skipping and showing this message repeatedly. Other Blu-rays play fine and this disc plays on the player hooked up to the TV. Netflix says it's a firmware issue. I called LG and they said I had the latest firmware and to purchase a commercial version of Blu-ray software. The trial of PowerDVD plays the disc uninterrupted but I don't want this crap software on my computer, that's why I purchased a lifetime license of AnyDVDHD on 1/22/16, which I have petitioned to update through RedFox, I'm still waiting for tech support to help with this discounted purchase.

the latest version of VLC software, 2.2.2, and have tried other free software with the same results.

Thats your problem right there VLC, more then likely playing the wrong playlist

The trial of PowerDVD plays the disc uninterrupted but I don't want this crap software on my computer,

If Powerdvd plays it fine, then this is not an ANYDVD problem

PowerDVD + Process Explorer is how I know which playlist is correct.

Unlicensed players such as VLC have no way of knowing with 100% certainty which playlist is correct. A licensed player such as PowerDVD will play the correct playlist.

You may think it is "crap software" but PowerDVD really is not bad if you turn off all the extra settings such as using it as an image viewer. My only gripe is paying for the full version and it still nags me constantly about upgrading and giving CyberLink more money.

I think PowerDVD is garbage because it is overpriced for what it is. OK, so how do I select the "correct playlist" with VLC? I've never had AnyDVD fail me on a disc, until now and am willing to learn how to fix this. Please advise.

From what I can see VLC won't allow you to load the correct playlist in directly and when you go to the 'Title' list instead of them corresponding to the numbers on the .MPLS playlist files they start from 1 and work up sequentially, so you would have to work out some way of working out which title in VLC corresponds to the actual playlist. This is just one of the reasons why I don't use VLC. MPC-HC lets you load in a playlist direct from the playlist folder.

BTW, AnyDVD hasn't failed you, it's VLC that isn't picking up on the correct playlist as it's not a real Blu-ray player and just picks the largest playlist as being the movie which in this case is incorrect.

It's a shame your LG drive didn't come with a free version of PDVD 12. I know some do, and that free version although locked to LG drives seems to work with any LG drive going all the way back to the first Blu-ray HDDVD combo drive they made

Last edited:
So if I understand correctly, the best course of action for this would be to get a different program, say MPC-HC. I definitely Google this, unless someone has the link handy. I purchased the bare bones drive dirty cheap on Amazon and threw it in an enclosure, making it easy to connect to any of our computers or sharing with family to burn Blu-ray M-discs for archival storage. It sounds like everything is all good, if I get the right player.

This:
http://www.cccp-project.net/
is free and includes MPC-HC and a great codec pack too.
On 64 bit windows I personally prefer to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of CCCP but choose not to install the 32 bit version of MPC-HC so I'm kind of forced to always use the 64 bit MPC-HC which is more efficient.

I currently find the latest CCCP beta version is best for me. It's the top two files here:
http://www.cccp-project.net/beta/?C=M;O=D

The CCCP installers don't prompt you to re-boot after installation but it seems to be important to re-boot before you try and use MPC-HC or CCCP otherwise you may experience a BSOD.

Of course MPC-HC is still not an official Blu-ray player so you will still need to know which playlist to play. Then you just open the correct file in E:\BDMV\PLAYLIST (assuming your Blu-ray drive is E: )

Last edited:
Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2 Region A will not play uninterrupted. I have an LG WH16NS40 drive hooked up externally on a USB 3.0 cable, the latest version of VLC software, 2.2.2, and have tried other free software with the same results.
FYI, VLC doesn't play BD movies it only works for DVD movies. I use WinDVD 11 Pro to play my BD movies. AFAIK

Why install all those codecs in that pack? I've never found I have to to get MPC-HC or VLC to play back Blu-ray or DVD's. Just download MPC-HC from the official MPC-HC site without the unnecessary codec pack

Why install all those codecs in that pack? I've never found I have to to get MPC-HC or VLC to play back Blu-ray or DVD's. Just download MPC-HC from the official MPC-HC site without the unnecessary codec pack
If it really does all you need go ahead. I was interested in creating and playing H.265 / HEVC files. CCCP seemed by far the best player for them I could find.
On my PC with a Core i7-4770K and a GTX-760 VLC collapses in a heap of bugs and inefficiency if I try to play a 4K HEVC file (yes even the 64 bit VLC) while 64 bit CCCP plays them very close to perfectly (uses a lot of CPU but under 100%).

I play back the UHD H265 files from my phone with no problems in MPC-HC with no codec pack installed. I can also play them back in VLC as well

I play back the UHD H265 files from my phone with no problems in MPC-HC with no codec pack installed. I can also play them back in VLC as well
I guess you must have video hardware that does H.265 decode in hardware. Mine doesn't.

VLC does play Blu-rays (well sort of anyway), even without AnyDVD.
You just need this: http://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/
That's not the official VLC site. If they don't support it then they don't-if a 3rd party wants to add to it then it's up to them to support it. One is making this harder then it really it. There are BD player software out there already. BD codec aren't cheap nor do they come free that is why Free players software can't play BD movies. Just spend a little and enjoy the BD movies rather then wooing why you can't watch BD movies.

Back