• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bad media

I had posted some issues that I was having Friday night, which turned out that my D drive was only CD, and that is why I couldn't burn the DVD's. So, I purchaed the Sony DRX-720UL external DVD Burner and downloaded Clone DVD. The first part worked - where it is just scanning the movie. But, when it comes time to write it out, it states that it is illegal. It then states that there was a media write error and that it was most likely caused by bad media. I am using Office Depot DVD-R 16X 4.7 GB. It happened more than once with more than one DVD.

Is it really my media? If so, what media would you suggest that I could purchase at Circuit City, Best Buy, Office Depot, etc. so that I can get it today? Do I need to purchase double layer to get the larger movies or does clone dvd condense those?

Thanks!

1. Update to Anydvd 6.1.7.0 and Clonedvd 2.9.1.2

2. Use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden Premium, or Maxell Plus (make sure Maxell Plus is made in Japan; if it's not, then don't buy it) blank media. Verbatim can be found in most places.
17-507-004-01.jpg (newegg photo)

3. a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

4. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.
If you don't know how to go about doing this, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

Last edited:
I had posted some issues that I was having Friday night, which turned out that my D drive was only CD, and that is why I couldn't burn the DVD's. So, I purchaed the Sony DRX-720UL external DVD Burner and downloaded Clone DVD. The first part worked - where it is just scanning the movie. But, when it comes time to write it out, it states that it is illegal. It then states that there was a media write error and that it was most likely caused by bad media. I am using Office Depot DVD-R 16X 4.7 GB. It happened more than once with more than one DVD.

Is it really my media? If so, what media would you suggest that I could purchase at Circuit City, Best Buy, Office Depot, etc. so that I can get it today? Do I need to purchase double layer to get the larger movies or does clone dvd condense those?

Thanks!
It condenses good too, without significant quality loss.

Here it is!

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: pwd_2k
Upper Class Filter: Cdralw2k
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: Cdr4_xp
Lower Class Filter: AFS2K
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Device Filter: imapi
Lower Device Filter: cdrbsvsd

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: pwd_2k
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\pwd_2k.sys
File Version: 6.2.0.110
File Description: Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver
Product Name: Drag-to-Disc
Product Version: 6.2.0.110
Company Name: Roxio
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Roxio, Inc.

Filter Name: Cdralw2k
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Cdralw2k.sys
File Description: CDRAL for Windows 2000 Kernel Driver

Filter Name: Cdr4_xp
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys
File Description: CDR4_XP CDR Helper

Filter Name: AFS2K
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AFS2K.sys
File Version: 3.1.21.1103 [3.1.21.0]
File Description: Audio File System
Product Name: AFS
Product Version: 3.1.21.2(1103) [3.1.21.0]
Company Name: Oak Technology Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) Oak Technology Inc.

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.1.7.0
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.1.7.0
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2007 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: cdrbsvsd
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\cdrbsvsd.sys
File Version: 7. 0. 0. 5 [7.0.0.5]
File Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
Product Name: B's Recorder GOLD7
Product Version: 7. 0. 0. 5 [7.0.0.5]
Company Name: B.H.A Corporation
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2003 B.H.A Corporation

Filter Name: pwd_2k
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\pwd_2k.sys
File Description: Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver

Ugh
Roxio's drag-to-disc or directcd has got to go. This is packet writing software. If you want drag-and-drop functionality use dvd-ram instead.

Filter Name: Cdralw2k
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Cdralw2k.sys
File Description: CDRAL for Windows 2000 Kernel Driver

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6

Filter Name: Cdr4_xp
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys
File Description: CDR4_XP CDR Helper

Ugh again . . .
Roxio's drag-to-disc or directcd has got to go. This is packet writing software. If you want drag-and-drop functionality use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

1. Uninstall Roxio's Drag-to-disc software, and ensure cdr4_xp and pwd_2k no longer appear in your filters.

2. Reboot.

3. If if you can use your old blank media now without issue, the blank media advice still applies (stick with Taiyo Yuden Premium and Verbatim).

Last edited:
Actually DVD-RAM is pretty useful almost like a USB flash drive in a sense. I'd recommend anyone getting a new drive to get DVD-RAM functionality since it's included with a lot of good priced DVD burners anyways.

Do you have a link that will show me how to remove Roxio drag to disc and the cdr4-xp and pwd-2k?

I really appreciate your help!
Thanks!

Do you have a link that will show me how to remove Roxio drag to disc and the cdr4-xp and pwd-2k?

I really appreciate your help!
Thanks!

As Detriotbaseball is saying (I think) if you uninstall drag-to-disc (go into control panel-->Add/remove software . . .then look for roxio) by choosing to "modify" the Roxio installation, those two filter entries should be automatically removed when drag-to-disc is uninstalled.

when I go to remove Roxio, it is not in my add/remove programs - although it is still out there. I did remove the drag-to-disc from the start up menu. It is still not working though. How else can I remove Roxio (when I go to programs, there isn't an uninstall option either).
Thanks!

when I go to remove Roxio, it is not in my add/remove programs - although it is still out there. I did remove the drag-to-disc from the start up menu. It is still not working though. How else can I remove Roxio (when I go to programs, there isn't an uninstall option either).
Thanks!
Removing it from the start menu does nothing but delete a shortcut. I am unsure as to how to remove Roxio but you probably could go into the registry and change the filters although I am unsure exactly how to do that.

Thanks!

You might also want to try Roxio's Zap utility to completely remove it after using the normal Add/Remove Programs procedure: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Keep us informed.

Back