• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD Mobile RedFox License

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish I could get that answer from someone who actually works for RedFox.

Same here. We would like to know the facts. The assumptions made in this thread are partially inconsistent with former statements.
Though, thanks for your help Chevron, you are doing a great job.

I see no inconsistency. Ivan said RedFox updates would continue to work with slysoft licenses. And it does, the first update allowed to accept RedFox licenses and slysoft ones continue to work as promised.

When the updated engine hits cdvdm it's possible that update will revoke slysoft support.

For now, "old" SlySoft licences for CloneCD and CloneDVD mobile will continue to work with RedFox versions according to their expiry date, so no need to re-purchase them.

Sorry, but those statements are obvious inconsistent. One assumption vs. one fact, this is not deniable.

Sorry, but those statements are obvious inconsistent. One assumption vs. one fact, this is not deniable.

I think we just have to wait how long the old keys work and if the version with the new engine will be a new product or not.

I was definitely considering getting a LTL of AnyDVD, Clone DVD Mobile and CloneCD. By bundling all three you get a 40% discount off of everything. In the log run I believe that will be the best value. Just wanting someone to verify my logic. I would hate to buy a RedFox license now only to be told in a few months that it was no longer good because they just upgraded the software.

I got the lifetime license from Slysoft and they went under just to open up as Redfox so we can buy all new from them. What's a lifetime agreement mean anyway? A month or 2 or until they decide to rename the product. If Redfox bought out Slysoft then they should be obligated to supply us with the same lifetime updates that we paid for. How long will it be before they get bored and discontinue their agreements. Once they have your money they don't care anymore.

You do know the post your quoting has been dead for 4.5 years right? On top of that redfox didn't buy out anyone. Slysoft was forcefully shut down by the Antiguan authorities under pressure from the USA government. It's all widely documented.

As to the lifetime licenses, well updates are given for the lifetime of the company that sold you the license. Something that no longer exists can't release any updates, can it? Former staff in lieu of back pay took the old code and restarted development. However new servers needed to be bought, staff paid,... And how do you do that? Right...you sell licenses.

We're not going to restart the discussions on this all over again nearly 3 years (if not longer) after slysoft was shut down and redfox created. Please do the research and stop resurrecting multi-year old dead topics.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back