• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD Mobile RedFox License

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghildebr

Prior to the forums being cleared out I asked a question about the possibility of needing to renew my LTL of Clone DVD Mobile once it is re-written with the new CloneBD code. Right now, as I understand it, I am not required to get a new license for Clone DVD Mobile. My current Slysoft LTL will work with the new RedFox Clone DVD Mobile 1.9.5.0 code. Somewhere on this forum I read that this is will be true until the re-write of the code for Clone DVD Mobile to include some of the code from CloneBD. Is this true? If it is, it would be cheaper for me to bundle a new RedFox Clone DVD Mobile license in with my LTL purchase of RedFox AnyDVD. Can I get a Staff member of RedFox to Confirm or Deny this so that I can make an informed decision for my pending purchase.
Thanks.

This is correct, however that's not likely to happen soon. The update will be based on the CloneBD conversion engine that needs to be perfected first. It can be another few months (well beyond the 2 month launch discount) before that happens.

My question is if I purchase new RedFox Clone DVD Mobile license now while I can get both the 20% discount and a additional 20% off for bundling multiple products, would that new Redfox Clone DVD Mobile license be valid once the product is upgraded? If that license will be valid, it would be cheaper to purchase it now with the purchase of the LTL of AnyDVD. That is why I was asking for an "Official Response" from someone actually working on the "Project".

The new license will work yes. Cdvdm has already received a small update to accept redfox licenses. And yes you'll get the bundle discount too :)

My question is if I purchase new RedFox Clone DVD Mobile license now while I can get both the 20% discount and a additional 20% off for bundling multiple products, would that new Redfox Clone DVD Mobile license be valid once the product is upgraded? If that license will be valid, it would be cheaper to purchase it now with the purchase of the LTL of AnyDVD. That is why I was asking for an "Official Response" from someone actually working on the "Project".
I would think if they switch the engine for CloneDVDmobile if you got a RedFox license and the new version works only with RedFox license then you'll be in good shape. CloneDVDmobile was from Slysoft only and if RedFox makes a new update engine and version for CloneDVDmobile then having a RedFox license for it would be a smart move. The older version will eventually go away once RedFox finalizes development of CloneDVDmobile. I am seriously considering a LTL for CloneCD and CloneDVDmobile since those were from no defunct Slysoft-yes your Reg Keys will still work but as mention in my next line. It will also insure you support the future development of the software as well giving them the incentive to keep developing and updating it for RedFox now. Elaborate Bytes has CloneBD, CloneDVD as their site only list these two for sale and bundle packages. But I bought CloneBD by itself during that time since that was the only one I didn't have. And I will be buying in LTL only not subscription model just because I like to have it and not have to worry is my subscription up or not-I am sure alot others think this way as well.

I was definitely considering getting a LTL of AnyDVD, Clone DVD Mobile and CloneCD. By bundling all three you get a 40% discount off of everything. In the log run I believe that will be the best value. Just wanting someone to verify my logic. I would hate to buy a RedFox license now only to be told in a few months that it was no longer good because they just upgraded the software.

Yes, an official response would be nice regarding the implementation of the new CloneDVDmobile engine and the corresponding validity of the former Slysoft license as well as the current RedFox license.

I was in the same situation and purchased CloneDVD Mobile again this morning even though my old license still said "Updates: Forever". I didn't want to miss out on the bundling discount and assumed I'd need the new RedFox license for any future updates. Hopefully I didn't waste money buying a second license I don't need.

When I go to the purchase site it still says we are not able to process payment. I would like to go ahead and buy a new license but can't find the right link apparently nor have I've gotten an email after leaving my email address. Thanks for any help I can get.

Last edited:
So will plain old Clone DVD become extinct?

CloneDVD is an Elaborate Bytes product. It's completely unrelated to CloneDVD mobile which is a SlySoft/RedFox product.

CloneDVD: Allows compressing, removal of titles, etc, when backing up a DVD to DVD.
CloneDVD mobile: Allows converting a DVD source to other non-DVD formats.

CloneDVD is an Elaborate Bytes product. It's completely unrelated to CloneDVD mobile which is a SlySoft/RedFox product.

CloneDVD: Allows compressing, removal of titles, etc, when backing up a DVD to DVD.
CloneDVD mobile: Allows converting a DVD source to other non-DVD formats.
Thank you sir.

Yes, an official response would be nice regarding the implementation of the new CloneDVDmobile engine and the corresponding validity of the former Slysoft license as well as the current RedFox license.

Yes, an Official Response would be quite helpful. Not much I can do about it at the moment though. The store is definitely down.

The answer has been given a few times now. Cdvdm has already been updated to accept redfox licenses. For the moment the current version accepts both slysoft and redfox licenses. When the updated engine hits cdvdm it's possible that update will revoke slysoft support. I don't know what more you need to know.

I am not questioning whether or not the Slysoft license will continue to work with Clone DVD Mobile. I am assuming that it won't. Slysoft is dead. Long live RedFox. What I am questioning is if I buy a Life Time License for RedFox Clone DVD Mobile, will that license be valid once the product is updated?

Again yes, what you will receive upon purchase is a redfox license. Cdvdm has already received a minor update to accept those registration licenses and continue to work as normal.

That is what I needed to know. Thanks. That makes my purchase decision clearer. I just wish I could get that answer from someone who actually works for RedFox.

They're busy with other matters atm, like getting the purchase system back up you'll need ;-)

Since the payment system is down at the moment, I guess. Can anyone tell us what kind of payment they will take, all I have heard is bitcoins.

Sure. Initial methods are visa and bitcoin. MC to follow shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back