• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 8.0.0.3 Beta - Trial Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

RedFox Admin Team
Staff member
We are very close to release RedFox AnyDVD and our new trial system need some final beta testing.

• With a 21 day trial "license", trial users can access the new RedFox OPD
  • Trial licenses are bound to the hardware and need Internet access.
This version will not work with SlySoft license keys! You have to obtain a trial license, which is an automated process within AnyDVD. Translation is ongoing, so there might be a lack of translation in certain languages.

The main purpose of this beta release is to test our trial licensing system, please post here if you encounter any trial related problems, together with your trial license ID (e.g. ABC-DEF). Any non-trial related post will be deleted or moved.

Download beta here: http://sandbox.redfox.bz/anydvd/SetupAnyDVD8003beta.exe

Thank you for your support and patience...

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm out of place, but my Desktop Icon (from AnyDVD HD 8.0.0.0 automatically) is still without this chic black mask!:cool:

Sorry if I'm out of place, but my Desktop Icon (from AnyDVD HD 8.0.0.0 automatically) is still without this chic black mask!:cool:
My tray icon has a mask, please try to uninstall/install. Even a good trial test, server should remember your trial license.

Last edited:

Might be an issue with your Windows icon cache. My desktop icon and systray icon both have the fox with a mask.

Might be an issue with your Windows icon cache.
Correct. Windows caches icons. If you install over an existing SlySoft version, the desktop fox might "stick". Solution: restart Windows, and the fox will be masked.

What is that new trial licensing system?
and why is it hardware bound?, just to make sure, that you don't use the same licence on different systems?
Will there also be an licence version for every new redfox anydvd release, like it was way back with slysofts anydvd?

Why it's hardware bound is priviledge need-to-know information. A standard user doesn't need to know. The licensing system changed in accordance with among others changes to the OPD. Previously trial versions werent able to access the OPD going forward from 8.0 on trial versions CAN. That's a big bonus. That said, previously you were only able to trial once per installation either. They only changed that part arround a bit.

As to the question if "normal" beta's will be able to be trialed, well we'll just have to wait and see. Lets just get 8.0 out the door first, but going by the last beta's even before the transition, i wouldn't be surprised if beta's remained available to licensed users only.

I have installed the latest Beta 21 Day version of ANYDVD HD over my LTL7695 version. It went OK, and seems to work so far.
All of my REDFOX icons now have masks on them.
Does this mean that, at the end of 21 days, and for whatever reason, you haven't made any progress on the licenxse situation, that I am out in the cold?
I have waved the Redfox flag since day one now, and my arms are getting a little tired.
My 21 day trial will have expired, I gave up my 10 year old LTL to help you guys experiment, And for all intents and purposes, I will be a non eligible noob purchasing a first time license with no discount, that is if I choose to stay with the fox.
This release, although I'm sure is completely necessary for a new system test, is another example of sparse and confusing information disclosure.
The Mods are really pushing the company line thin by quoting the same thing over and over again.
You probably have managed to scare away quite a few potential new customers with all the mystery, but I think you are now starting to eat into the loyal customer base.
21 days and counting.
Oh, isn't there a class where mods can practice on each other, how not to be arrogant, and antagonistic, They might actually see how they come off to other people.

Going by all internal communication (and even a public post on the forum), payment should go live (if all goes well) over the next couple days. If that werent the case then you can still go back to 7.6.9.5 or they might take other measures to make sure you can keep using AnyDVD. Don't worry about that.

I have installed the latest Beta 21 Day version of ANYDVD HD over my LTL7695 version. It went OK, and seems to work so far.
All of my REDFOX icons now have masks on them.
Does this mean that, at the end of 21 days, and for whatever reason, you haven't made any progress on the licenxse situation, that I am out in the cold?
I have waved the Redfox flag since day one now, and my arms are getting a little tired.
My 21 day trial will have expired, I gave up my 10 year old LTL to help you guys experiment, And for all intents and purposes, I will be a non eligible noob purchasing a first time license with no discount, that is if I choose to stay with the fox.
This release, although I'm sure is completely necessary for a new system test, is another example of sparse and confusing information disclosure.
The Mods are really pushing the company line thin by quoting the same thing over and over again.
You probably have managed to scare away quite a few potential new customers with all the mystery, but I think you are now starting to eat into the loyal customer base.
21 days and counting.

You can always reinstall your old version, 7.6.9.5 and use your older Slysoft license, if for some reason your 21 day trial expired before the new system was set to go which isn't going to happen barring some wild freak of nature catastrophe. Of course, once we hit the end of the road for access to the OPD then older versions will have to rely upon what they can accomplish locally but this was what was going to happen anyway and trying out the new 8.0.0.0 beta test didn't impact anyone negatively with respect to their old license.

Oh, isn't there a class where mods can practice on each other, how not to be arrogant, and antagonistic, They might actually see how they come off to other people.

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll take that under advisement. Maybe we can also set up workshop classes where forum users can also practice on each other how to post without being aggressive, argumentative, arrogant, and/or antagonistic. ;)

The licensing/trial system has been changed. It'll be explained in due time.

I'm guessing that this means that RedFox AnyDVD will be tied to a specific machine with only one install permitted? With deactivation required, like with Adobe products, if one wants to move to a different machine? If so that would be a downer, but perhaps necessary since people seem to want LTL.

You can always reinstall your old version, 7.6.9.5 and use your older Slysoft license, if for some reason your 21 day trial expired before the new system was set to go which isn't going to happen barring some wild freak of nature catastrophe. Of course, once we hit the end of the road for access to the OPD then older versions will have to rely upon what they can accomplish locally but this was what was going to happen anyway and trying out the new 8.0.0.0 beta test didn't impact anyone negatively with respect to their old license.

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll take that under advisement. Maybe we can also set up workshop classes where forum users can also practice on each other how to post without being aggressive, argumentative, arrogant, and/or antagonistic. ;)

Dd you think there could be a FINAL Slysoft AnyDVD, say V7.7.0.0, that would incorporate all OPD stuff to date?

Dd you think there could be a FINAL Slysoft AnyDVD, say V7.7.0.0, that would incorporate all OPD stuff to date?

I expect that 7.6.9.5 will be the last older AnyDVD release. RedFox has been pretty fair in releasing the interim builds with updates and fixes but their should also be some incentive to buy a new RedFox license, IMO. Given that I do not work for RedFox I am not stating this officially. It's merely my educated guess.

With respect to the much talked about offline OPD, etc, I'd refer back to the older discussions on that topic. Only the developers really know when or if that will happen but I would expect that it is not at the top of any current priority list.

I'm guessing that this means that RedFox AnyDVD will be tied to a specific machine with only one install permitted? With deactivation required, like with Adobe products, if one wants to move to a different machine? If so that would be a downer, but perhaps necessary since people seem to want LTL.

According to a statement of a RedFox team member, this method will only be used for trial users.

Last edited:
OPD error: HTTP error 500! Didn't have this with the "old" version 7.6.9.5.

I'm sure the developers took things into account when they created the new system. I do not know all the specifics of it, myself, at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back