• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No disk is present

I have been putting my blank dvd in drive D and my movie in drive E. AnyDVD and Roxio can see my movie in drive E, but not my blank DVD in drive D. However, it does work for my CD's and blank CD's. I tried switching this around, putting the blank in E and the movie in D. Then, I get from AnyDVD that D is disabled. Any ideas on what the problem is? Is it possible that my D drive only allows CD's or could it hopefully be something simpler than that? If not, what are my other options?

Thanks!

1. Specify a)the brand and b)model number of drive d

2. Do step 8 from here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 with the commercial dvd movie in drive D

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Go to "Drives"-->"Selection". Is drive "d" checked on the right hand side of the screen?

Last edited:
I know that I am going to sound really computer illiterate, but how do I find out that information? Do I go to my computer?

My operating system is XP on a Dell.

I just downloaded the latest version of AnyDVD. 6.1.6.9

Is Roxio Easy CD/DVD Burning considered Packet writing Software?

The blank DVD that I am putting in is Office Depot DVD-R 16x 4.7 GB.

Roxio is burning it at 48.1x MAX (8.3MB/Sec)

No Disc is present in Drive D:!
SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S R902 DEL

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.9)
_NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A 102B 04081800
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2072192 sectors (4047 MBytes)
Total size: 4063353 sectors (7936 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DROP_DEAD_GORGEOUS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

If I missed anything, please let me know.
Thanks!

The blank DVD that I am putting in is Office Depot DVD-R 16x 4.7 GB.

This has no bearing on your cd-rw burner being unable to read dvds. However, use Verbatim (if you're in the U.S, www.newegg.com is once source), Taiyo Yuden Premium (if you're in the U.S., http://www.supermediastore.com/ is one source), Maxell Plus (made in Japan . . . generally not easy to find), or Maxell Broadcast Quality (made in Japan . . . even less easy to find) instead of what you are using (also, do not buy regular Maxell blank media).

Last edited:
If that's the case, what are my options? Do I buy an external DVD drive to go with the DVD burner drive? Or, do I save each movie to my computer and then burn it to drive E?
Thank you!!!!

If that's the case, what are my options? Do I buy an external DVD drive to go with the DVD burner drive? Or, do I save each movie to my computer and then burn it to drive E?
Thank you!!!!

You can do either if you wish. Generally speaking with Anydvd running in the background, you shouldn't
experience issues with whatever program you use (the single dvd burner should eject your commercial movie and prompt you to insert blank media)

If you want one of the simplest options, I would recommend trying this:
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

I think you'll find the program is very easy to use.

Last edited:
Back