• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Themida error in TMT6 with AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 was AVG's fault

73ChargerFan

Just installed latest 7.6.9.5, and now when I start TMT 6 I get a warning "Themida" popup, "A debugger has been found running in your system. Please, unload it from memory and restart your program."

I've tested to confirm it is AnyDVD: if I exit AnyDVD then the popup doesn't show; exit TMT6, restart AnyDVD and then TMT6 and I get it again.

This never happened before, and I've been a customer since Jan 2007. Perhaps a debugging option was enabled at compile time? Please fix for current license holders.

System info if it helps:
AMD cpu, nVidia GTX 750 Ti, Win 7 x64 pro fully updated
TMT 6.7.1.199, AVG 16.71.7596

The problem persists even after a compute restart.

It worked a week ago. Only change since then was the update of AnyDVD HD from last Slysoft version to one and only RedFox version (and maybe an antivirus update, they happen so frequently.)

Thanks for the great program through the years. Happy user since 2006.

Sadly, there are no current license holders. RedFox has not yet sold any licenses and SlySoft (the company you bought AnyDVD HD from) no longer exists.

That said, what was your previous version? That way the developers can look at what changed between the versions.

There hasn't been a RedFox anydvd yet, 7595 is an intermediate release. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a tmt issue. That thing is obsolete, no longer supported by the creators. They dropped support months ago.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

IIRC, the prior version was 7.6.9.0, the last Slysoft branded version. The problem isn't TMT.

I thought James said the intermediate release 7.6.9.5 was the same as 7.6.9.0 except an updated web address of online database. Well, it also broke TMT as described above, so I'm guessing it may have been a compile time option or a change in the build environment.

Cybersage, I'm not here to discuss a license issue. I'm reporting a new bug that I've never observed in 5 years of using AnyDVD HD with TMT. Hopefully James will review this.

Last edited:
James,

I know you must be busy, but I hope you can find time to review this. I just updated AnyDVD HD and am getting a "debugger is running" error from TMT6. Details are above.

I don't think it is a problem with my system. Thank you and best of luck with RedFox.

System info if it helps:
AMD cpu, nVidia GTX 750 Ti, Win 7 x64 pro fully updated
TMT 6.7.1.199, AVG 16.71.7596

The problem persists even after a compute restart.

It worked a week ago. Only change since then was the update of AnyDVD HD from last Slysoft version to one and only RedFox version (and maybe an antivirus update, they happen so frequently.)

Thanks for the great program through the years. Happy user since 2006.
I think the culprit is your AVG 16.71.7596
It's not AnyDVD nor TMT.
Completely disable AVG for a few minutes and then start AnyDVD + TMT and see what gives.

Just installed latest 7.6.9.5, and now when I start TMT 6 I get a warning "Themida" popup, "A debugger has been found running in your system. Please, unload it from memory and restart your program."
I've tested to confirm it is AnyDVD: if I exit AnyDVD then the popup doesn't show; exit TMT6, restart AnyDVD and then TMT6 and I get it again.
This never happened before, and I've been a customer since Jan 2007. Perhaps a debugging option was enabled at compile time? Please fix for current license holders.

I've tried TMT 6.7.1.199 and AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 , they are working fine together on my system.

autodidact, thanks for the suggestion; I'm not at home, but will try disabling AVG this evening.

The system is Windows 7 system is only used for media, no games or apps, only have AnyDVD, AVG, TMT 6, Virtual Clone Drive, Chrome, and manually installed MPC-BE & MPC-HC. Not too many possibilities. I don't even allow automatic Windows updates because TMT 6 wouldn't work in Windows 10.

Where did you download your AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 from? Maybe post a logfile and I can see something.

It was downloaded from redfox.bz. I've never posted a log file, but I see instructions linked to in mike20021969's signature.

Themida is a virus that attacks the packages that a exe file is loaded into. It must have been on your computer and attacked the download. No one here except you have reported this. There is nothing for AnyDVD to fix.

Themida is a virus that attacks the packages that a exe file is loaded into.
Themida is a software obfuscator by Oreans technologies. TMT 6 uses it to pack their files to help prevent reverse engineering. Unfortunately malware authors also use it for the same reason, which is how an anti-virus would flag it. Since this is a Themida message something else is going on.
Has James done anything with debug privileges in anydvd recently? Its usually disabled.

Last edited:
Themida is a software obfuscator by Oreans technologies. TMT 6 uses it to pack their files to help prevent reverse engineering. Unfortunately malware authors also use it for the same reason, which is how an anti-virus would flag it. Since this is a Themida message something else is going on.
Has James done anything with debug privileges in anydvd recently? Its usually disabled.
Why would you think this a an issue that has anything to do with AnyDVD or James? No one else on the forum has reported anything like this. I have seen it before in cracked versions of AnyDVD though. Not making any accusations. Are you also experiencing this? The OP still has not been back.

At one time AnyDVD actually used Themida, itself, but it was removed due to the headaches it caused. There ended up being a mountain of issues due to how some AVs reacted. That was back around the 6.5.4.x and 6.5.5.1 time period. Arcsoft made use of Themida in TMT from the 2.x release - if not earlier - through the 6.x releases. Lacking technical knowledge I can think of a few possibilities as to the cause of the detection but it would be pure speculation and whether or not a "fix" is feasible given the death of TMT is questionable.

I thought James said the intermediate release 7.6.9.5 was the same as 7.6.9.0 except an updated web address of online database.
Correct.

Well, it also broke TMT as described above, so I'm guessing it may have been a compile time option or a change in the build environment.
No, just for you. Works fine for (almost?) everyone else, myself included.

Has James done anything with debug privileges in anydvd recently?
Hell, no! This would break TMT! ;)
The TMT Themida / driver protection is a nightmare, mostly for their customers. And it explodes on Windows 10 right into their face.
Very unfortunate, as this was the only player with subtitle positioning, and Cyberlink is unwilling (or uncapable?) to add such a feature. Instead Cyberlink releases a new PowerDVD version every year which is completely unnecessary with features most people don't want or care about, like "Moovie Line".
And TMT was the last HD-DVD player. I'll keep Windows 7 on my HTPC for TMT (I'm using some 5.x version, as IMHO TMT got worse with every release, just like Cyberlink).

Same here, I keep HD-DVD because I purchased (ouch!) 300+ HD-DVDs before the format suffered sudden death. I'm going to uninstall / reinstall software now to see that helps.

Back