• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

King Kong (HDDVD) interactive menus not working

bachuka

Anybody been able to get the interactive menus to work in King Kong (HDDVD) version? The main menu works just fine using anddvd hd v6.1.6.9, however, the interactive menus do not work while the movie is playing. Usually, you just have to hit up, down, or right arrow on the keyboard to activate interactive menus while the movie is playing.

Anybody been able to get the interactive menus to work in King Kong (HDDVD) version? The main menu works just fine using anddvd hd v6.1.6.9, however, the interactive menus do not work while the movie is playing. Usually, you just have to hit up, down, or right arrow on the keyboard to activate interactive menus while the movie is playing.

What version (country) is your King Kong disc from? What version of PowerDVD do you use?
EDIT: Is it Peter Jackson's King Kong or the old version with Jeff Bridges?

What version (country) is your King Kong disc from? What version of PowerDVD do you use?
EDIT: Is it Peter Jackson's King Kong or the old version with Jeff Bridges?

Its the US version...the one that came with Xbox HDDVD drive. I've used PDVD v2911, v3104.a, and v3104a.1 and none seem to work. It's the peter jackson version.

Its the US version...the one that came with Xbox HDDVD drive. I've used PDVD v2911, v3104.a, and v3104a.1 and none seem to work. It's the peter jackson version.

Hmm... the one coming with the XBOX360 drive might not be the US version, but the international version. Does it has the U-Control feature? If yes, it is the US version.
I don't have the US version, the international version works fine.
Maybe someone else can check the US version.

I have the same version that came with the xbox 360 HD DVD drive with U-control. In my experiences the King Kong disc (and any other films by universal) doesnt allow Hd dvd hot keys.If you notice, when the disc starts up, it goes to a menu first whereas lets say a Warner Bros disc goes straight to the movie.It s the way the disc is authored so WB movies go for the new style rather than the traditional style of menus and allow the pop up version.To get the menu without stopping the movie in king kong, you have to hit the title menu button which will give you the menu which overlays the movie itself. If you happen to have a remote for your pc, the dvd menu button functions like the root title button which will take you out of the movie and to the main menu.I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have the same version that came with the xbox 360 HD DVD drive with U-control. In my experiences the King Kong disc (and any other films by universal) doesnt allow Hd dvd hot keys.If you notice, when the disc starts up, it goes to a menu first whereas lets say a Warner Bros disc goes straight to the movie.It s the way the disc is authored so WB movies go for the new style rather than the traditional style of menus and allow the pop up version.To get the menu without stopping the movie in king kong, you have to hit the title menu button which will give you the menu which overlays the movie itself. If you happen to have a remote for your pc, the dvd menu button functions like the root title button which will take you out of the movie and to the main menu.I hope this helps.

I have the same version. US Version with U-Control. That's a good work around but other Universal HD titles interactive menu's work just fine like serenity, fearless, and smokin aces. Kind of odd that King Kong is the only movie I found that interactive menus dont work with AnyDVD HD. Maybe the problem might be PDVD.

You're right, it would seem King Kong is the only one with problems.I tried M:I:3,The Thing, the Good Shepard, The Mummy, Serenity, Aeonflux, the Bourne Supremacy, And the Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift and it worked just fine on all of them. My guess is that it has something to do with the xbox. It is a distinctly different packaging for the one we have compared to the commercial one.It would seem less a problem with powerdvd (though it has lots itself, like not being able to play web features!)than with the disc it self. Oh well,one bad apple won t spoil everything, though it is a pain.

Back