• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD Mobile & Apple TV

ddanckaert

I had been using Clone DVD Mobile 1.1.4.1 and an Apple TV preset that I found on the web and it had been working very well. However, now that I have version 1.1.5.2, it bombs every time. At this point, I've started ripping DVDs with AnyDVD and then producing the MP4 file with DVD Fab Platinum.

Any suggestions on how to modify this preset to make it work now? I wish there was a comparable Apple TV preset in the software itself.

[Apple TV H264 AVC]
Manufacturer=Apple
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Volume=800
Res1=640x480
Res2=960x720
ResAna1=720x408
ResAna2=856x480
ResAna3=1280x720
VCodec=h264
ACodec=aac
ARate=48000
ABRate=160
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=h264:coder=1:a codec=aac
FileType=mp4
Quality=100
iPodFix=0
MaxVBitrate=5000

I had been using Clone DVD Mobile 1.1.4.1 and an Apple TV preset that I found on the web and it had been working very well. However, now that I have version 1.1.5.2, it bombs every time. At this point, I've started ripping DVDs with AnyDVD and then producing the MP4 file with DVD Fab Platinum.

Any suggestions on how to modify this preset to make it work now? I wish there was a comparable Apple TV preset in the software itself.

I'm sorry, AVC seems to be broken in the latest version of mencoder - I'm working on it right now.
The new PSP profiles (also using AVC, but with a different multiplexing technique) work, though, maybe you can derive something usable from them in the meantime?

I noticed that version 1.1.5.4 is doing the same thing. In the history is shows "- fix: a bug in mencoder.exe resulted in faulty MP4/AVC files". Should this of addressed the problem with these settings? I also would like to see a Apple TV in the software presets.

I also would like to see a Apple TV in the software presets.

Tell me whether the settings posted above will work with v1.1.5.4 and I'll be glad to add them. :)

Tell me whether the settings posted above will work with v1.1.5.4 and I'll be glad to add them. :)
No, those settings don't work with v1.1.5.4. I also found the old version of 1.1.4.1 and it didn't work with that version either but not sure if it's because I had some of the newer files with other apps like AnyDVD or CloneDVD2.

The error is:
Encoder output:
Option lavcopts: Unknown suboption a
Error parsing option on the command line: -lavcopts

Last edited:
No, those settings don't work with v1.1.5.4. I also found the old version of 1.1.4.1 and it didn't work with that version either but not sure if it's because I had some of the newer files with other apps like AnyDVD or CloneDVD2.

The error is:
Encoder output:
Option lavcopts: Unknown suboption a

That is only because the forum software chose to add a few spaces here and there to that profile you're seeing. But it requires a change nonetheless...
Let's try again (the lavcopts line should contain no spaces):

[Apple TV H264 AVC]
Manufacturer=Apple (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV)
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Volume=800
Res1=640x480
Res2=960x720
ResAna1=720x408
ResAna2=856x480
ResAna3=1280x720
ARate=48000
ABRate=160
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=30
MaxVBitrate=5000

I didn't get it to work. The error changed to:

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=10 -aspect 16:9 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder= 1:acodec=libfaac:vbitrate=2581:abitrate=160 -vf pp=fd,scale=720:408,harddup -info name="Testing App" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "E:\AppleTV_Output\CloneMobileTest.mp4" 232 TCE

Encoder output:

I didn't get it to work. The error changed to:

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=10 -aspect 16:9 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder= 1:acodec=libfaac:vbitrate=2581:abitrate=160 -vf pp=fd,scale=720:408,harddup -info name="Testing App" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "E:\AppleTV_Output\CloneMobileTest.mp4" 232 TCE

Encoder output:

You still appear to have a space in the lavcopts line: coder= 1, it seems?

Back