• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Overclocking

DetroitBaseball

Hey guys would it be ok to overclock my laptop CPU? It is an Intel Pentium dual-core 1.73GHz. What is a safe amount to raise it without causing damage?

first off you might not be able to overclock it, that depends on your bios.

the safe amount that you can raise it depends on the cpu, heat, and voltage. if you laptop gets hot without overclocking then its probably not a good idea to overclock. perhaps google overclocking your laptop model and see what comes up? maybe you can find someone who has overclocked and gotten to a good stable speed.

What brand is the laptop and more importantly, what brand is the MOBO? Intel's MOBO's are locked.
OC'ing voids warranty, raises hardware temps and shortens life span of components. You will never "see" the small difference in real time.

What brand is the laptop and more importantly, what brand is the MOBO? Intel's MOBO's are locked.
OC'ing voids warranty, raises hardware temps and shortens life span of components. You will never "see" the small difference in real time.
It is a Toshiba. SIW said the manufacturer of the motherboard is Toshiba as well. I guess I misewell not do it then.

Back